Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2013, 01:50 PM

29,804 posts, read 34,628,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I cannot say I agree with all you have said, but I do agree that the portrayal of men most modern sit-coms, movies, etc, is absolutely terrible!
That's true, but who's writing these portrayals? (Hint: it's generally not women...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

3,009 posts, read 3,655,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You're sure, are you?
As a guy that has had sex with a female coworker let's say young woman can't keep anything to them self's. I think old woman do not talk abut there sex life as much as younger woman do.

Also most of my college classes ate 75%/90% woman of all age groups. Let's just say I get to much info on there sex life .

5,121 posts, read 6,830,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I probably have discussed sex in some form with almost every single friend (90%) I've ever had, be it man or woman.

I wonder how many people on this forum share their opinions based on relationships and sex without having ever discussed certain things with family or friends.
All these experts on this forum, and yet some people have no clue at all what the rest of the world is actually doin. It's like people assume that their own actual behavior is the end all be all of normally accepted practices.

You have a good point on the expertise thing... but I feel I should note that the question was about "sex" and not do we talk about our "sex lives" with friends. The question had nothing to do with relationships. Most of the posts here aren't about sex so much as relationships, attraction, specific problems (be it infidelity, distance, an issue on a date, etc).

I know what my friends are doing in relationships... We talk about that. I know who they are dating, if things are going well, if they plan to move in, if they plan to have a child soon, etc, etc... I don't ask them what they do between the sheets though.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:51 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,655,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You seem to be sure of a lot of things you don't have a clue about. And btw, most guys aren't good enough to brag about, anyway. At least, not until they've received training.
I thought woman hate training men in the bedroom.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:53 PM

102,390 posts, read 108,714,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
It's unavoidable, pretty much. So another myth bites the dust.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:54 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,830,288 times
Quote:
When you are with a new partner, everyone had to be "trained" in the bedroom... not everyone likes the same things. What your old partner liked, your new partner might not like. And in turn, they don't know your preferences.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:57 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,976,178 times
Quote:
As a guy that has had sex with a female coworker let's say young woman can't keep anything to them self's. I think old woman do not talk abut there sex life as much as younger woman do.

Also most of my college classes ate 75%/90% woman of all age groups. Let's just say I get to much info on there sex life .
I know a guy who is a womans volleyball coach.
He travels on the bus with them for meets.

He said that his students, the women on the bus, didnt care he was on the bus, and they most certainly discussed dating/sex/anything on that bus between themselves.
He added that those bus rides could rival any male locker room/ conversation if not exceed the guys in how explicit and sexual and frank the conversations were.

Edit: he has a daughter himself, and he admitted that those bus rides were sometimes difficult for him, as that was how much detail and graphic the convo's got.
When some people on this forum generalize, and you portray that your normal is THE normal, some people, not this poster here. Most paint brushes are not so wide.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:57 PM

102,390 posts, read 108,714,406 times
I'm coming to the conclusion that the reason some men think women are having gab-fests with each other about their sex lives is simply that it titilates men to think that's what's going on. It's just another male fantasy. I've known of (as in: heard about it from an inside source) two women who did that, and they were not well-regarded and were very promiscuous. I knew one of the women in question as a fellow-student, but didn't know her well. I think it's rare that women talk about intimate things with each other. Immature teenagers and the some young 20-somethings being an exception. None of my current 20-something friends talk about highly personal stuff, nor did any of my friends when I was that age.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:59 PM

2,767 posts, read 2,247,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
some things cant easily be explained on an online forum....

why does a lady come into "instant heat" in front of a powerful man?? a rock star, a sports star?? a millionaire??
that she wouldnt give the time of day to the same guy without the fame/fortune

ive seen nice girls at a concert get "picked" to party with a band and guess what??

a girl, that a regular guy may otherwise take 3, 4, 6, months to have sex with,,,she's giving it up to essentially a stranger knowing she will never see him again...
Ive seen this first-hand...
It's amazing what women will do for 'status' men like the ones you mentioned. Average guy working in a factory/office, make him work for it.

Famous/rich guy, sex on the first date.

But of course women will always deny this.

So we are both clearly wrong.

Old 12-13-2013, 02:03 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,976,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm coming to the conclusion that the reason some men think women are having gab-fests with each other about their sex lives is simply that it titilates men to think that's what's going on. It's just another male fantasy. I've known of (as in: heard about it from an inside source) two women who did that, and they were not well-regarded and were very promiscuous. I knew one of the women in question as a fellow-student, but didn't know her well. I think it's rare that women talk about intimate things with each other. Immature teenagers and the some young 20-somethings being an exception. None of my current 20-something friends talk about highly personal stuff, nor did any of my friends when I was that age.
So it's all puppy dogs and ice cream then ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships