Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 08:32 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,784,439 times

Advertisements

I've come to the conclusion that in my area a single woman who takes reasonably good care of herself is incredibly rare. I mean like the rarest of the rare. I'm talking about women in their late 20s and up here.
And it's strange because I know of far more single men than single women. So this means that for every single women there must be like 15 single men.
So, depending on where you live, it really could be that there aren't many single women available and the ones that are available get taken quickly.
I don't really know when we ended up with a glut of single men and single women became so scarce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 08:33 PM

706 posts, read 1,043,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerShah View Post
I can't do it. I can not approach a girl unless the scenario in my mind makes sense on some level

I don't want to get blown out, I don't want to hit on a girl who is there with her boyfriend waiting or with her friends just wanting to have a fun ladies night out
Why not trying this in a nearby city or town? Maybe go on vacation and try it too? This is what I do and it works. You have to accept the rejection. Let it become natural like peeing or farting. This is why pick up artist are so good. They don't put a lot of thought into why they where rejected they just move on.

My advise would be to always be on your A game. Dress your age and your body type. Make sure you are well groomed. Make sure to have an in-shape body. Remember money talks so your career better be on point.

Last edited by LifeSurfer; 12-15-2013 at 08:43 PM..

Old 12-15-2013, 08:34 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,422,339 times
In my youth I met a lot of my dates when at the bowling alley (It was Wisconsin, you were either bowling or watching the Packers). One lady I dated for quite a while was working at a jewelry counter. My ex wife I met at the beach.

You're still young, I'd go to sporting events, either college or pro. Unless you don't like sports, then you'll just have to work on meeting them in your daily activities (Do you have a hobby?).

Old 12-15-2013, 08:35 PM

113 posts, read 186,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
I've come to the conclusion that in my area a single woman who takes reasonably good care of herself is incredibly rare. I mean like the rarest of the rare. I'm talking about women in their late 20s and up here.
And it's strange because I know of far more single men than single women. So this means that for every single women there must be like 15 single men.
So, depending on where you live, it really could be that there aren't many single women available and the ones that are available get taken quickly.
I don't really know when we ended up with a glut of single men and single women became so scarce.

I agree with you on some level. It seems like there are way way way more single and "ready to mingle" men than there are women. I know mathematically it is impossible but I see it all the time. I think a lot of women who are single are single by choice and have no interested in dating anybody - the men who are single are usually not single by choice

Old 12-15-2013, 08:36 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,784,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSurfer View Post

By advising would be to always be on your A game. Dress your age and your body type. Make sure you are well groomed. Make sure to have an in-shape body. Remember money talks so your career better be on point.

Then explain why so many poorly groomed criminals who are in and out of prison seem to have no problem getting women.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:37 PM

39,253 posts, read 27,655,778 times
Quote:
I just don't see it. I don't encounter single women in my day to day lifestyle outside of the cold approach option (which is a horrible option). I don't meet women through friends or family (even though I go out and socialize in many different environments with many different people). I don't meet women through work or any of my hobbies. I honestly don't know what to do. I cannot seem to force myself to do the dreaded cold approach as all I imagine is going up to the girl and getting a nasty rejection (talking to a couple girls at a bar and hearing that "we are just here to have fun with our friends, please go away").

Is there any guy out there who has ever met his girlfriend someway outside of the old "friends/school/work" option that everybody seems to meet their partner? Do girls ever actually go out to meet a guy? It seems like 50% of girls go out in the night scene (lounges/bars/etc...) with their boyfriends and the other 50% go out to hang out with their lady friends all night

I don't think there's anything wrong with me. I can keep a conversation with most people fine. I'm friendly and respectful. All the female acquaintances I have in my real life (a few female co workers, a couple friends, friend's girlfriends) all like me quite a bit. I don't know why I find dating to be so difficult
Maybe you just haven't met the right one yet. It happens to everybody almost.

I cannot speak for everybody else, I can only speak for my family members. My older brother met his wife through work. My sister met her current husband through friends' introduction, my other brother met girls everywhere he went. You just need to be more open to opportunities.

Good luck and smile more.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSurfer View Post
Why not trying this in a nearby city or town? Maybe go on vacation and try it too? This is what I do and it works. You have to accept the rejection. Let it become natural like peeing or farting. This is why pick up artist are so good. They don't put a lot of thought into why they where rejected they just move on.
I just have too much pride. I don't mind a little bit of rejection here and there but the idea of hitting on 50 women in random situations where 49 will reject me is not really interesting

Quote:
By advising would be to always be on your A game. Dress your age and your body type. Make sure you are well groomed. Make sure to have an in-shape body. Remember money talks so your career better be on point.
Yea I have no problem at all in any of these areas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfrodo View Post
In my youth I met a lot of my dates when at the bowling alley (It was Wisconsin, you were either bowling or watching the Packers). One lady I dated for quite a while was working at a jewelry counter. My ex wife I met at the beach.

You're still young, I'd go to sporting events, either college or pro. Unless you don't like sports, then you'll just have to work on meeting them in your daily activities (Do you have a hobby?).
I love sports and I do all the activities you're talking about all the time. I just don't have any luck. I don't know how to explain it

Old 12-15-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
I cannot speak for everybody else, I can only speak for my family members. My older brother met his wife through work. My sister met her current husband through friends' introduction, my other brother met girls everywhere he went. You just need to be more open to opportunities.

Good luck and smile more.

Yea most men meet their GF through school/work/friends

Very tough for those of us who don't have those kind of options

Old 12-15-2013, 08:41 PM

448 posts, read 765,125 times
Quote:
I can't do it. I can not approach a girl unless the scenario in my mind makes sense on some level

I don't want to get blown out, I don't want to hit on a girl who is there with her boyfriend waiting or with her friends just wanting to have a fun ladies night out
Then how are you ever going to meet someone? I know people like you and I felt the same way about the "cold approch" before I tried it some.

I'd say your options for meeting women fall into a few distinct categories.
-Cold approch in a public/non social situation, you can meet a lot of people this way but has a high failure rate so don't let it get to you
-Cold approch in social situations, like bars etc, you at least know they're ok with talking and meeting people because that's expected
-Online dating, might be a good option for you as there is no "risk" of being directly rejected
-Joining clubs and making friends and maybe trying to date them, this one is a waste of time if you're joining clubs specifically to find women to date. IMO it puts way too much effort into a small number of options.
-People you already know, this usually requires you to just say "what the hell" and lower your standards and just date your friend, I could never do that myself
-Having your friends set you up with their friends, I have never seen this work
-The final one is just meeting people through an expanding social circle, this is the most normal one but I actually don't like it because once again its limiting

Last edited by InternetTroll; 12-15-2013 at 08:52 PM..

Old 12-15-2013, 08:43 PM

39,253 posts, read 27,655,778 times
Quote:
Yea most men meet their GF through school/work/friends

Very tough for those of us who don't have those kind of options
Have you tried internet dating? Match.com It works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships