Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 10:18 PM

113 posts, read 187,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
hmm.... I didn't read it that way the first time, but I see what you mean. I still think the poster probably meant more along the lines of: these suggestions to join activity groups (etc.) will get you into environments where there are single women. You need to figure out where your target environments are.

I don't disagree with what you're saying

Quote:
You're Armenian, right? This may sound lame, but it's popular with some people. There are LOTS of young women who go to folk dancing nights. Every city usually has one weekly venue that has East European folk dancing. I would have suggested salsa or swing dancing, but sometimes those can be a slightly older crowd. Folk dancing gets all ages, including teens and 20-somethings. Don't give me a hard time, I'm ONLY trying to think of target-rich environments for you.

LOL, this is the only kind of dance music I like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M79RnLJ0mq0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 10:26 PM

102,330 posts, read 108,547,338 times
Strange, I couldn't get those vids to work. So, are there venues that play that kind of music?

Old 12-16-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Strange, I couldn't get those vids to work. So, are there venues that play that kind of music?

Youtube "Tiesto Honey"

It's trance and house. Any nice club in a big city will usually play that

Old 12-16-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerShah View Post
Youtube "Tiesto Honey"

It's trance and house. Any nice club in a big city will usually play that
So.....how often do you go to these places?

Old 12-16-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
So.....how often do you go to these places?

A good amount

Picking up girls at those kind of places is incredibly difficult. The very loud music (which I absolutely love) makes it difficult to have a conversation and those girls are already defensive as it is

I'm telling you, it's tough out there as a single man. There's a reason most guys are meeting girls through friends and family. If you don't have that "in" (as in my case), it's very very difficult

Old 12-16-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
A good amount

Picking up girls at those kind of places is incredibly difficult. The very loud music (which I absolutely love) makes it difficult to have a conversation and those girls are already defensive as it is

I'm telling you, it's tough out there as a single man. There's a reason most guys are meeting girls through friends and family. If you don't have that "in" (as in my case), it's very very difficult
You can't just casually ask girls if they want to dance? (I know some will turn you down, but keep working the room.) It's not about talking, it's about dancing. If you manage to get a dance with someone, then you can figure out where to go for a conversation.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
You can't just casually ask girls if they want to dance?
You could if you enjoy the 95-99% probability of getting turned down

Old 12-16-2013, 10:44 PM

448 posts, read 767,150 times
Quote:
A good amount

No its not, not at a club in particular. Honestly its really easy to get chicks at clubs and that's why I don't like the ones there. For the most part they're having a good time and being social, all you have to do in that environment is show some interest and some girl is going to reciprocate it, you might not want them but it will happen. I feel like you're just doing a really bad job at trying and showing that's what you want.

I figure good looking girls go out to places like that assuming they're going to get hit on and all you have to do is find the ones that want that if you're going for the party chicks. That's not the kind of girl I want so I encounter a lot more failure by hitting on chicks in public places but even that works sometimes and I'm pretty average looking.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
People do get turned down. But some don't let that stop them. They keep trying. Sounds like a tough crowd, though.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:50 PM

448 posts, read 767,150 times
Quote:
I'm not liking how negative you're being so let me tell you a story.

I had to spend the night in the airport one time. I was really bored so I figured I'd go talk to the womens. I went around the terminals and just sat down next to women and talked to them about where they were going and how much air ports suck. I eventually ended up drinking with and then making out with a decent looking chick in the airport bar. Mind you this is a place where everyone is in a bad mood and lots of people smell bad. If I can make out with a chick in the airport you can dance with a chick at a club. Stop being a wuss, failure is part of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships