Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 10:55 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,688,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerShah View Post
I just don't see it. I don't encounter single women in my day to day lifestyle outside of the cold approach option (which is a horrible option). I don't meet women through friends or family (even though I go out and socialize in many different environments with many different people). I don't meet women through work or any of my hobbies. I honestly don't know what to do. I cannot seem to force myself to do the dreaded cold approach as all I imagine is going up to the girl and getting a nasty rejection (talking to a couple girls at a bar and hearing that "we are just here to have fun with our friends, please go away").

Is there any guy out there who has ever met his girlfriend someway outside of the old "friends/school/work" option that everybody seems to meet their partner? Do girls ever actually go out to meet a guy? It seems like 50% of girls go out in the night scene (lounges/bars/etc...) with their boyfriends and the other 50% go out to hang out with their lady friends all night

I don't think there's anything wrong with me. I can keep a conversation with most people fine. I'm friendly and respectful. All the female acquaintances I have in my real life (a few female co workers, a couple friends, friend's girlfriends) all like me quite a bit. I don't know why I find dating to be so difficult
I think that you are being real and have thought about this a lot more than anyone here has, and know your situation better than anyone here does, so ignore the dismissive or harsh replies. The only suggestion I can think of is to take up new hobbies that are more likely to involve women, especially the single kind.
Getting out more in general may help too.

And, for the record, I know several couples who met in a bar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 10:58 AM

448 posts, read 765,662 times
Quote:
You have to admit lots of women are hypocritical about rejection. They act like it's nothing to worry about and men are cowards for not enjoying rejection yet they won't even say "Hi" to a guy they have a crush on because they hate rejection so much
Why does this even matter? Only way I can even see this relating to your problem is you seem to be expecting them to by not doing anything.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:00 AM

6 posts, read 8,066 times
Why not try one of the internet dating services. Back in my day, we had a similar service, but it was done by US mail----and I met some nice girls. Also, in my day, there was the original TGIF on 61st street that was a spot to meet girls, but the pick up scene today is a lot different.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:06 AM

113 posts, read 187,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
Maybe you're not as great as you think you are? At some point, you have to accept you are the problem.

I never said I'm perfect, but is dating really reserved for people who are? I know guys with cute girlfriends who are unemployed, broke, no college degrees, don't work out, don't take care of themselves, have terrible character flaws (known cheaters in the past), etc...

I met a guy 2 weeks ago who had a gorgeous half Asian girlfriend who was overweight, on disability, lived in his parent's basement at 27 and they were about to get married. Dead serious

What am I really lacking? I have never had problem making friends, I get along great with the women in my life who are platonic relationships (I've had a few female friends who all really loved me), I take care of myself and always look good, I make good money and have my own place. I don't understand what I'm really lacking where I am not worthy of being loved

Old 12-17-2013, 11:18 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,778,350 times
Quote:
I never said I'm perfect, but is dating really reserved for people who are? I know guys with cute girlfriends who are unemployed, broke, no college degrees, don't work out, don't take care of themselves, have terrible character flaws (known cheaters in the past), etc...

I met a guy 2 weeks ago who had a gorgeous half Asian girlfriend who was overweight, on disability, lived in his parent's basement at 27 and they were about to get married. Dead serious

What am I really lacking? I have never had problem making friends, I get along great with the women in my life who are platonic relationships (I've had a few female friends who all really loved me), I take care of myself and always look good, I make good money and have my own place. I don't understand what I'm really lacking where I am not worthy of being loved
Plus, you are "The Nicest Guy in the World." You were especially compassionate to your FWB that you treated like a piece of trash when you decided she wasn't hot enough for you.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:34 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,702,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Have you tried sitting alone at a restaurant bar and just ordering a drink or dinner?

Occasionally, women will strike up a conversation with you just seeing you alone like that. Stuff happens when you least expect it.
Nah. That doesn't happen.

You go to a restaurant or somewhere alone, women will leave you alone.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:36 AM

102,258 posts, read 108,238,692 times
Quote:
What am I really lacking?
The guts to approach and talk to women.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:38 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,641,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Nah. That doesn't happen.

You go to a restaurant or somewhere alone, women will leave you alone.
Depends on who you are.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:43 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,839,534 times
Quote:

Bingo.

THERE'S your problem.

Your core belief that you are "not worthy" is being telegraphed out for the whole world to see.

When you tell others that, they tend to believe you

Old 12-17-2013, 11:44 AM

113 posts, read 187,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Bingo.

THERE'S your problem.

Your core belief that you are "not worthy" is being telegraphed out for the whole world to see.

When you tell others that, they tend to believe you

I DON'T believe that I'm not worthy though. Joecollege was making it seem like I'm not worthy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships