Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 12:55 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,120,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Don't you get the impression he doesn't even like them that much? He just "needs" one to feel like a man?
I think at this point my suggestion is he switch teams. Maybe he'll have better luck with dudes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 12:58 PM

113 posts, read 187,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Don't you get the impression he doesn't even like them that much? He just "needs" one to feel like a man?
Say what now? I love my friend's girlfriends, my female friends, my friend's wives and my friend's female relatives. Not to mention my 2 sisters

The best kinda girls I like are either the nerdy type or the very athletic type. I used to have a friend who was my best bro's cousin. She was into working out, sports, videogames, etc... it was awesome. We could hang out, work out, watch action movies, go in the batting cages, etc...

Old 12-17-2013, 01:01 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,768,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I think at this point my suggestion is he switch teams. Maybe he'll have better luck with dudes.
His mom already thinks he's gay and is cool with it so he is halfway there already.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...nk-im-gay.html

Old 12-17-2013, 01:01 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,448,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerShah View Post
Stopped reading here as my bull**** - meter nearly exploded

Women don't approach unless you're a famous athlete or movie star. I have friends who are 6'4, male model looks and very friendly/outgoing who tell me they very rarely get approached

Stop the nonsense
Lol!!!!!!

Women are always throwing themselves at my younger brother and have since he was in high school.
He IS charismatic, though. I am not, but he is the life of the party type.

Sorry you have never seen this, but it is likely the same reason you are having trouble now.
*shrug*

Old 12-17-2013, 01:02 PM

113 posts, read 187,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I hope you're being facetious. It's awfully insulting to gay people to imply that a straight person can "switch sides"

Old 12-17-2013, 01:03 PM

887 posts, read 1,101,466 times
Quote:
Snip.

I wrote a profile that I showed to at least 5-10 women on various dating forums who all said it was well written and made me come across as an intelligent and well adjusted young man
I included pictures that at least 5-10 women on various dating forums all said I looked cute and handsome in
I sent messages tailored to their profile that were not creepy or sexual at all

I got 0 replies from the 50 I sent

I will not stand for the nonsense

I have received some good info in the cold approach thread and the meet up thread. Those are 2 areas I want to try more so we will see if anything comes out of it
Dude! You are angry, feeling a little desperate, lonely, and frustrated. I'm sorry you find yourself in such a state. My point, as many others shared on here. Until you can embrace yourself, you are wasting your time! If you wrote 50 messages and got zero responses then your choice of words have sold you out as either insincere, desperate, needy, or a combination of all. Which my friend, you are!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-17-2013 at 04:00 PM..

Old 12-17-2013, 01:13 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,692,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
As someone who has worked in bars/restaurants for a number of years, this is completely untrue. Sometimes I think you all must go to a very different type of place than most of the ones I've worked in.
Dunno. All I know is that I have never been approached by a woman in a restaurant or anywhere else while sitting alone.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:17 PM

29,762 posts, read 34,464,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Dunno. All I know is that I have never been approached by a woman in a restaurant or anywhere else while sitting alone.
It probably depends on what you're doing. If you're sitting at the bar making casual chat with the bartender and other patrons you're more likely to be approached than if you're sitting in a corner with your nose in your laptop/phone/book.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:19 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,692,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It probably depends on what you're doing. If you're sitting at the bar making casual chat with the bartender and other patrons you're more likely to be approached than if you're sitting in a corner with your nose in your laptop/phone/book.
While I'm not great at casual chat, I'm talkative once I have someone to talk to. But if I'm by myself nobody's going to reach out or approach.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:47 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,361,682 times
Quote:
I just don't see it. I don't encounter single women in my day to day lifestyle outside of the cold approach option (which is a horrible option). I don't meet women through friends or family (even though I go out and socialize in many different environments with many different people). I don't meet women through work or any of my hobbies. I honestly don't know what to do. I cannot seem to force myself to do the dreaded cold approach as all I imagine is going up to the girl and getting a nasty rejection (talking to a couple girls at a bar and hearing that "we are just here to have fun with our friends, please go away").

Is there any guy out there who has ever met his girlfriend someway outside of the old "friends/school/work" option that everybody seems to meet their partner? Do girls ever actually go out to meet a guy? It seems like 50% of girls go out in the night scene (lounges/bars/etc...) with their boyfriends and the other 50% go out to hang out with their lady friends all night

I don't think there's anything wrong with me. I can keep a conversation with most people fine. I'm friendly and respectful. All the female acquaintances I have in my real life (a few female co workers, a couple friends, friend's girlfriends) all like me quite a bit. I don't know why I find dating to be so difficult
I sympathize.

Other than being in the right place at the right time, I don't know what else to say. Just make sure you are working on becoming the best you that you could be.

I myself may have met my girlfriend at the library.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships