Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2014, 04:08 AM

887 posts, read 1,100,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertin75 View Post
You haven't read my first post MoonBeam33.

I never asked her out.

I asked for her phone number and she wrote it down.

Very simple.
Well you should have asked her out and not texted. You knew where she was, forget about texting. Grow a pair and ask face to face. If she gives you the number 867 5309, it's probably a fake number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 04:10 AM

189 posts, read 510,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
Well you should have asked her out and not texted. You knew where she was, forget about texting. Grow a pair and ask face to face. If she gives you the number 867 5309, it's probably a fake number.
Asking her out while she is working?

Not the best idea IMO.

Old 02-08-2014, 04:33 AM

If you really wanted to meet her, try and catch her before or after her shift. Why should you not work for something special?

Old 02-08-2014, 04:41 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,724,101 times
OP, you are SO over thinking and over magnifying a really simple issue. You caught her off guard while she was busy working, she gave you her number (which she probably regretted as soon as she did so) and she's not interested. Get over it and stop with the obsessive search for a reason.

Old 02-08-2014, 04:57 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,136,400 times
Quote:
You think waitresses have all the time in the world to be answering or asking personal questions to every customer?

Maybe I should have invited her for a drink as she had nothing to do and her manager would have give her a thumbs up

I only read the first two pages of this thread.

I think it's laughable. I would never ask a lady for her phone number. I sure as heck wouldn't text a lady.
I wouldn't be thinking 'buy her a drink', either.
You need a total re-wiring. And I think you should be too embarrassed to go back there anymore.

Just being honest since you asked.

Old 02-08-2014, 04:59 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,136,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
If you really wanted to meet her, try and catch her before or after her shift. Why should you not work for something special?

There ya go - stalk her.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:17 AM

Some of you guys, your perspectives are idiotic.

Think outside the box!! Ask the hostess, "What time do things typically slow down around here for the servers?", would be a great place to start, and come back then. Typically, as she is down to her last table, her work is slow. That's when you approach. You made an attempt to go out of your way to meet her. That's all most of these women want. That you made an effort, not just some "Hey, can I get your number?".

I bet this guy was seated with buffalo wing on his cheek when he asked. She isn't going to give you a legit number. She probably gets that come-on several times a week.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:41 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,462,559 times
Quote:
I know. I'm just curious on why she gave me her phone number.

She could've just said "No, you can't have my phone number because I don't know you". Or "I have a boyfriend", etc.

As simple as that.
I've given guys my number, even if I didn't really want to, if I was put on the spot and couldn't think of an easy way out of it. Saying no is not always easy or polite.

You didn't do anything wrong and now you know she doesn't want to date you. It's okay.

Addition: I had a friend who fell in love with his waitress. She eventually married him.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:33 AM

4,187 posts, read 11,933,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by datxcali View Post
Nope wrong. Are you an older person?
robertin75 is probably about 39 years old guessing from his username. Not exactly old but we are not talking about 20 year old who grew up texting only. A simple call would have been a nice way to show interests and learn if the woman feels the same. Instead of calling, he texted and is left with the unknown. Did she receive my text? Does she thinks I am creepy?

This is probably a younger waitress and may have expected a gentleman to call when she gave out the number. Getting a text, she probably feel like it's just a another boy texting me.

I am some experience in this since that's how I met my wife about 20 years ago. She was a waitress at a place I went.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:01 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,980,722 times
Quote:
OK she hesitated because she told me "I may get in trouble" after I asked her phone number.

Could be that they are not allowed to give phone numbers to customers.

Lame shyt?

What would you have texted? "Hey babe it's me the sexy guy from the restaurant ! Let's get together, get drunk and have sex at my place?"

Jezzzz
Interesting that this deep into the thread you finally divulge that she says, "I may get in trouble." Can we even believe that? This whole situation seems sketchy. You sound like a real creep. Just leave the poor girl alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships