Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 01:07 PM

874 posts, read 3,679,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
This is ALL great advice above. And if you only do ONE thing from the list above, make it see how they are angry.
Thanks for the reps! DimSumRaja, I wanted to die!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 01:30 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Hmmm...not many bad ones, but the most recent one stands out...

About 4 years ago (yeah, the most recent ) I was determined to get back into "the scene" after being divorced for several years. Of course, being a New Millennium-kinda' guy I decided to give the online dating services a shot.

I joined e-Harmony and soon found a lovely lady only 25 minutes away. We emailed back and forth for a few weeks then decided to meet up at a bookstore (one of those with the coffee bar and desserts) on a Friday night. I was sipping my coffee (plain - got nasty looks from the barista) and browsing the stacks when a vision of loveliness appeared at my side. She was even better in person than her pictures hinted - she was funny, smart, sweet and sexy. We sat and talked for several hours, closing the store down and promising to meet again the following Friday.

In the interim we continued IM'ing and emailing each other, getting tons of laughs and gaining insights into each other. We seemed perfectly matched...

When next we met at the bookstore, we started with the usual chatter, and the subject came around to previous relationships. She told me, at length, of one gent on the Net who she'd had problems with - he had been stalking her and writing filthy notes to her. I lightly mentioned that she had to be careful with those guys on the Net, and the next thing you know the CHANGE began - the skin melted away from her skull, her eyes glowed red and when she opened her mouth an unholy scream came out.

"How DARE you tell me who I should see? Who the HELL are YOU to tell me what to do with my life? I don't need any..."

The cream in my coffee curdled and small children were crying and clinging to their mothers as I just sat there open-mouthed and slack-jawed. She rose as if she were a demonic Phoenix, screeched one final time and flew away, never to be seen again.

Me? I limped back to my cave with bleeding eardrums and glazed eyes, trying to figure out what had happened but in the end just chalking it up to my bad luck...

Old 07-27-2008, 01:38 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
the most recent one stands out...

About 4 years ago (yeah, the most recent )
"How DARE you tell me who I should see? Who the HELL are YOU to tell me what to do with my life? I don't need any..."

The cream in my coffee curdled and small children were crying and clinging to their mothers as I just sat there open-mouthed and slack-jawed. She rose as if she were a demonic Phoenix, screeched one final time and flew away, never to be seen again.

Me? I limped back to my cave with bleeding eardrums and glazed eyes, trying to figure out what had happened
Definitely sounds bipolar.
I did get a good chuckle about the "4 years ago" though. And your writing and details and scenes are really good, I would like to read your short story collection when it comes out!

Old 07-27-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
Definitely sounds bipolar.
That's the only thing I could come up with.

That, or she just cracked after being exposed to me up-close and personal for more than one time - it's happened before, ya know...

Quote:
I did get a good chuckle about the "4 years ago" though.
Do you also laugh out loud at the sight of blood?

Quote:
And your writing and details and scenes are really good, I would like to read your short story collection when it comes out!
Thank you, m'dear - you're definitely on the "Notify" list!

Old 07-27-2008, 04:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Cool...all these interesting stories tell me I'm not the one who is crazy...

Old 07-27-2008, 05:01 PM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Hmmm...not many bad ones, but the most recent one stands out...

About 4 years ago (yeah, the most recent ) I was determined to get back into "the scene" after being divorced for several years. Of course, being a New Millennium-kinda' guy I decided to give the online dating services a shot.

I joined e-Harmony and soon found a lovely lady only 25 minutes away. We emailed back and forth for a few weeks then decided to meet up at a bookstore (one of those with the coffee bar and desserts) on a Friday night. I was sipping my coffee (plain - got nasty looks from the barista) and browsing the stacks when a vision of loveliness appeared at my side. She was even better in person than her pictures hinted - she was funny, smart, sweet and sexy. We sat and talked for several hours, closing the store down and promising to meet again the following Friday.

In the interim we continued IM'ing and emailing each other, getting tons of laughs and gaining insights into each other. We seemed perfectly matched...

When next we met at the bookstore, we started with the usual chatter, and the subject came around to previous relationships. She told me, at length, of one gent on the Net who she'd had problems with - he had been stalking her and writing filthy notes to her. I lightly mentioned that she had to be careful with those guys on the Net, and the next thing you know the CHANGE began - the skin melted away from her skull, her eyes glowed red and when she opened her mouth an unholy scream came out.

Me? I limped back to my cave with bleeding eardrums and glazed eyes, trying to figure out what had happened but in the end just chalking it up to my bad luck...

Yo, SifuPhil...how the heck are ya?

that was me

It's been a long time...
now, who the hell are you to write this story..? I didn't screech, it was my ritual mating call...

used to live in the Poconos, remember

your better off without me...honey, I'm a vamp by night...LOL

seriously, I laughed so hard at this...great story!

Old 07-27-2008, 05:40 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
LMAO! How did I miss THAT today?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

that was me

It's been a long time...
now, who the hell are you to write this story..? I didn't screech, it was my ritual mating call...

Or maybe you're only half-joking, creme...

Old 07-27-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

that was me

It's been a long time...

Whew, had to restart the heart there for a second.

Thank you, m'lady! Cardio-stimulation is safe and sound in your hands!

Quote:
Or maybe you're only half-joking, creme...
If it really were her, she could tell you what she wore to our first meet...

Old 07-27-2008, 09:10 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,797 times
I heart a quote once that said,

"Don't marry someone you can live with, marry someone you can't live without"

There is a HUGE difference

Old 07-27-2008, 09:34 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,385,483 times
I don't have any truly horrific dates to share. But there are a ton of good ones in this article from a year or so ago. My favorite date story is about the pinky slap. LOL- My husband tries to get me to pinky slap every so often ever since I told him about the article and the date.

Check, Please - washingtonpost.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships