Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2014, 12:03 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,161,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Exactly!
Great minds think alike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 12:04 PM

39,327 posts, read 27,709,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Great minds think alike

Old 04-16-2014, 12:04 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,109,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
??? If you never had any money, would you crawl under a rock and just hide?
I think I would need to focus on how to generate a cash flow instead of foucusing on finding love

Old 04-16-2014, 12:05 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,161,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Not sure broke college kids do. Regular college kids get loaded/high and F.
You don't think that college kids go on dates that require little money?? Hmm, me thinks you have never been to college or weren't one of those kids that dated in college.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Not sure poor college kids do. Never met many poor college kids at my schools, and they were state schools. Regular college kids get loaded/high and F.

Same way most of the poor seem to. They drink together.
well, I considered myself a poor college kid. I relied on my two brothers to pay for my tuition, college expenses (My parents refused to because I chose a wrong major. My parents were loaded, but what does it help me if they punished me for pursuing my own dream. )

I sat my ass on the beach drawing sketches for others, I had three part time jobs, and I dated a lot. Surfers, waiters, poor artists, blue collar workers, rich kids, etc. believe it or not, money has never been an issue. Like I said, use your imagination.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:17 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,058,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I sat my ass on the beach drawing sketches for others, I had three part time jobs, and I dated a lot. Surfers, waiters, poor artists, blue collar workers, rich kids, etc. believe it or not, money has never been an issue. Like I said, use your imagination.

You're a female. Of course not. Women don't need money to date. And when you're in your 20s it isn't much an issue, it becomes a real issue when you're an adult.

Any guy that has been in a place and thinking how they can avoid agreeing to go for a drink after, or, lets take the bus instead of a cab, etc etc knows money is a factor.

Not everyone can be a hip artist or a surfer either. That's like, oh, I don't care that he's broke, he's in a band crap. It's not reality for most people.

I like to hike. It's great when I meet women that like hiking (or kayaking) etc as well. Guess what? A date doing those things will still cost. The only times they don't cost is when it doesn't go well and you cut it short.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:19 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,058,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
You don't think that college kids go on dates that require little money?? Hmm, me thinks you have never been to college or weren't one of those kids that dated in college.

Wrong on both counts. Though in grad school I didn't really date because I was living with my girlfriend.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:20 PM

29,771 posts, read 34,491,950 times
Quote:
You're a female. Of course not. Women don't need money to date. And when you're in your 20s it isn't much an issue, it becomes a real issue when you're an adult.

Any guy that has been in a place and thinking how they can avoid agreeing to go for a drink after, or, lets take the bus instead of a cab, etc etc knows money is a factor.

Not everyone can be a hip artist or a surfer either. That's like, oh, I don't care that he's broke, he's in a band crap. It's not reality for most people.
I agree with you there. Of course dating can be done cheaply, but there are always costs involved. People can say "go to the park" or "go camping" as much as they want, but do what at the park? Even bringing your own food on a picnic will cost money. Or you need to pay for parking. What if you don't have camping/hiking equipment? Or you have t rent a campsite? That sort of thing.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:28 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,472,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I agree with you there. Of course dating can be done cheaply, but there are always costs involved. People can say "go to the park" or "go camping" as much as they want, but do what at the park? Even bringing your own food on a picnic will cost money. Or you need to pay for parking. What if you don't have camping/hiking equipment? Or you have t rent a campsite? That sort of thing.
Those are issues associated with the area you live/your lifestyle.
Adjust your dates according to what's available...

Making a good sized picnic basket cost you as little as $20 if you are prepared to make the things in it and not just buy everything pre made to throw it in, parks are free to everyone.

You can't just expect situations to happen, you have to be prepared to make them happen. Even WITH money going out to places and paying for someone to set up a fun event gets really old.

Last edited by rego00123; 04-16-2014 at 12:38 PM..

Old 04-16-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:

I like to hike. It's great when I meet women that like hiking (or kayaking) etc as well. Guess what? A date doing those things will still cost. The only times they don't cost is when it doesn't go well and you cut it short.
well then you are basically suggesting, "If you have little money, don't get into relationships." I don't think so.

They can dump their stuff on ebay together, (making money and having fun) that is fun creative dates.

no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships