Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 09:03 AM

102,341 posts, read 108,608,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanmitchell View Post
Maybe I'm a bit immature and maybe she's a bit spoiled.
She definitely seems to think you're immature/irresponsible. My take is that that fact can't be changed, and the relationship isn't salvageable. But give it a try, if it's important to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 09:19 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,304,079 times
You both function differently. She's always on her toes while you're the laid back dude. You think she is overbearing while she finds you a laze bum. You both need tolerance to keep the love going, or eventually your differences will take a toll on the relationship.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:52 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,491,598 times
From what you write is sounds like she has seen you do things that have totally changed her perspective on you.

You are expecting her to change FOR YOU and she is expecting you to change FOR HER.

...that's not going to happen or is the makings of the future of a healthy and happy relationship.

You guys sound like roommates more than actual mates.
You guys should be sitting down together and evaluate what you both want in life and where you are headed. It's time to get serious about the relationship and act like adults.

Have you EVER discussed what you both want and need from a relationship or the reasons you guys have decided to be a couple?

Where is this headed?

That's what you guys need to discuss

Last edited by rego00123; 02-20-2014 at 10:27 AM..

Old 02-20-2014, 10:01 AM

469 posts, read 568,717 times
maybe the fact that you're drinking mid day and underage. Also the fact that you're incredibly laid back and aren't trying to find your strengths for your future so you can get through college could be factors...

Old 02-20-2014, 12:00 PM

98 posts, read 93,948 times
you guys do realize I am in college? 2 years of CC, 2 years of university + grad school. Being laid back doesn't mean I'm dumb.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:17 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,051,411 times
Quote:
you guys do realize I am in college? 2 years of CC, 2 years of university + grad school. Being laid back doesn't mean I'm dumb.
No you seem pretty dumb to me....Just kidding

I am coming to Cali this summer, do you want me to stop by and beat up your girlfriend in death valley?

She will never ask you to change your laid back ways again too. Wait actually I am too laid back too lol who is going to do the beating up of the girlfriend now. Crap! mhmmmm ice old rum

Old 02-20-2014, 12:19 PM

98 posts, read 93,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryazer24 View Post
maybe the fact that you're drinking mid day and underage. Also the fact that you're incredibly laid back and aren't trying to find your strengths for your future so you can get through college could be factors...

A) it was a weekend day
B) Yes, you got me, I'm the only person in American history to ever drink underage.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:21 PM

11,835 posts, read 12,107,421 times
Quote:
Maybe I'm a bit immature and maybe she's a bit spoiled.
Going back to what I posted in post #30, I think you're simply outgrowing each other. We aren't meant to find a life partner at 12. You shouldn't sound like "an old married couple" when you're just exiting your teens.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:53 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,062,298 times
Quote:
This doesn't match your other posts. And you managed to get all this accomplished by the age of 19 or 20, whatever your age happens to be today?

Old 02-20-2014, 02:09 PM

102,341 posts, read 108,608,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
This doesn't match your other posts. And you managed to get all this accomplished by the age of 19 or 20, whatever your age happens to be today?
The 2 years of uni + grad school are his future plans.

OP, you do realize that for grad school, you have to be a lot more disciplined? You can't go putting off assignments to the last minute, and it's a lot more demanding. OK, you knew that. Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships