Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 10:02 AM

98 posts, read 93,789 times

Advertisements

I don’t know what’s up with her? My younger brother has a subscription to Sports Illustrated, as you may or may not know, the swimsuit edition is out. Whether you want to believe me or not is up to you, but I do read the articles. Anyway, she was over and I had it in my room and she freaked out.
Her: Ugh I can’t believe you look at that smut.
Me: I read the articles too.
Her: Yes I’m sure they’re Pulitzer worthy.
Me: Are you intimidated by them or something?
Her: Well it speaks volumes when you look at that stuff while you have a girlfriend.
Me: I’m not going to date you so I can date page 48. They aren’t going to leap out of the magazine and say “ Take me I’m yours”.
Her: It’s not funny.
Me: I think you’re beautifuller than any model in there. They’re photoshopped. * kiss on the cheek *
Her: Beautifuller?
Me: Yeah I made it up.
She's still pouty and as cute as she is when she's pouty, I feel bad now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Didn't read through the entire thread either. I know people can't help when they're born, but there's a reason men are usually older than their GFs...because women mature faster then men.

Are you two seriously trying to stay together so you can get married in 3-5 yrs? That's still a while off by the way.

Why don't the two of you both agree to take a break & date other people, but don't really commit to anyone else. Just have fun dating around & that doesn't mean sleeping around. You can still stay in contact with each other & hang out sometimes though. In another year, then see how the two of you feel about each other. If you've desperately missed what you've had, then maybe get back together, but if you've had the time of your life & never knew "life could be like this", then stay dating around for another year & see how the two of you feel about each other in another year.

How does that sound?
Sounds painful, I love her.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:13 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,055,999 times
I'm curious what you hope to achieve by transcribing your conversations here. Do you think if you tell her that strangers on the internet are on "your side" that she will magically change and your relationship will suddenly be better?

Old 02-19-2014, 10:16 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,829,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanmitchell View Post
I don’t know what’s up with her? My younger brother has a subscription to Sports Illustrated, as you may or may not know, the swimsuit edition is out. Whether you want to believe me or not is up to you, but I do read the articles. Anyway, she was over and I had it in my room and she freaked out.
Her: Ugh I can’t believe you look at that smut.
Me: I read the articles too.
Her: Yes I’m sure they’re Pulitzer worthy.
Me: Are you intimidated by them or something?
Her: Well it speaks volumes when you look at that stuff while you have a girlfriend.
Me: I’m not going to date you so I can date page 48. They aren’t going to leap out of the magazine and say “ Take me I’m yours”.
Her: It’s not funny.
Me: I think you’re beautifuller than any model in there. They’re photoshopped. * kiss on the cheek *
Her: Beautifuller?
Me: Yeah I made it up.
She's still pouty and as cute as she is when she's pouty, I feel bad now.
You have nothing to feel bad about.

You guys sound ssssoooo young!

Is she just insecure in general? Worried about your future, worried you're going to leave? Is her background not so stable? She seems fairly anxious about what lies ahead overall, and she keep scanning you for signs something is going to go wrong perhaps?

Some of worrying about your future and wanting to see your SO taking life seriously is healthy, but sometimes people can get a little extra uptight.

Have you cheated on her in the past? Failed a class? Anything that feeds her anxiety?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I'm curious what you hope to achieve by transcribing your conversations here. Do you think if you tell her that strangers on the internet are on "your side" that she will magically change and your relationship will suddenly be better?
Isn't it obvious the kid just wants advice? LOL

Old 02-19-2014, 10:17 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,223,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I was wondering that same thing.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:34 PM

trinawina is spot on.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:35 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,222,332 times
She strikes me as MASSIVELY insecure. Sports Illustrated?? Really? And you are supposed to hop up from what you are doing to take her to a restaurant RIGHT NOW? F that.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:37 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,403,194 times
It's very unlikely you will spend your entire life with one person. Does change in general freak you out, is that why you're not away at college?

Old 02-19-2014, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
It's very unlikely you will spend your entire life with one person. Does change in general freak you out, is that why you're not away at college?

I'm fine with change. I'm in college btw.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:57 AM

Maybe I'm a bit immature and maybe she's a bit spoiled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships