Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 01:30 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
It depends on who is at fault in the disolusion of the relationship. I don't have a lot of empathy because I have had to scratch and claw for everything I have. That is my way of life.
Sounds serious, dude, but do you know if Russia will take you? You can't just buy a plane ticket and fly in, even as a tourist. How do you plan to convince them they should give you a work permit, or permanent residency? They don't take economic or divorce refugees. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 01:59 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Unless you are dating something other than human no one is "out of their league".

I will never understand why so many people put that label on themselves and others.

Oh bullsh*t.

I will never understand why so many people feel the need to be politically correct about everything.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:02 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Oh bullsh*t.

I will never understand why so many people feel the need to be politically correct about everything.

I'm not being politically correct at all I do not believe anyone is out of anyone's league.
If you think you are then that is your issue but I certainly never saw any lines drawn in the sand that said
"Do not cross to get a date because you are not in my league".

If you want to be labeld and limited in your lifetime knock yourself out but don't blame someone else for putting that label and limit on you.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:03 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Oh bullsh*t.

Try to grock the idea that they're actually expressing a sincere opinion. It's not necessary to dismiss an opinion that's different than yours as playing to a PC audience. It's an anonymous forum, man. Sincerity tends to be what it's about.

Face it, the league thing is bogus. If you can handle that, it might open up possibilities for you.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:12 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
this must be some white people shht

wth does " outside your league" mean?

I'm serious are you putting somebody you mess with on a pedestal like they are they are the royalty and you are a peasant

I mean well then you deserve what you get..

Old 02-25-2014, 04:11 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
I was just talking about this to a couple of younger gals I work with. Guys get put in the friend zone, and women get pumped and dumped when they make one grave mistake : dating outside of their league.

At the heart of it, the same thing happens to all loading participants. When a man hey friends zoned, he gives a woman what she wants (emotional intimacy) without getting what he needs (sex) .

When women get the P&D treatment, the opposite happens : the man gets what he wants (sex) and the woman gets left out in the cold in terms of what she wants (emotional intimacy).

what we have our hands is whole lot of people with an inflated view of their self worth on the market.

Comments?

This is true

Old 02-25-2014, 05:50 AM

896 posts, read 1,177,378 times
I know the concept of dating outside ones league raises many hackles, but the fact is leagues do exist.

If an average looking guy has an average job in a cubicle somewhere tries dating models, he is trying to date outside of his league and will have little success. At best he might get to hold an umbrella over her head while listening to her complain that she doesn't have a boyfriend.

On the flip side, if an average looking gal tries to date a $250k per year Wall street guy, at best she will find that he will shag her if she makes it effortless.

Good looking rich guy marrying the chubby plain girl only happens in movies. Ditto the Victoria's Secret model marrying the short postal worker. If you unrealistically believe you can get this level of man or woman, you do indeed have an inflated view of your self worth on the dating market.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:35 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
I know the concept of dating outside ones league raises many hackles, but the fact is leagues do exist.
It's not a fact, it's a conditional reality that exists only to those who choose to believe in them. Some people legitimately believe in leagues. Some genuinely believe they won't have a chance with someone else or in some cases look down on others because he or she is "below their league."

I don't believe it's leagues that leads to friendzoning or pumping and dumping. I think it is as simple as a lack of mutual attraction on a level that fosters a relationship. For a guy he may just want to get laid without having a relationship. It may even be a sport to him. For a lady she may just not be interested in a guy. That doesn't mean she feels he is below her league.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:56 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
Quote:
Yep, and right now men are tired of being treated like ATM machines for the sake of their ex and kids. As women start to see why men are not wanting kids or marriage they are going to stop supporing the no fault divorces and feminism. By then the USA is going to look much different with caucasions having negative birth rates right now.
Have you ever even seen a child support worksheet? It clearly shows the dollar amount needed to raise a child. Both parents split that amount (usually along income lines) and then one parent reimburses the other for his (or her) share of the child's expenses. Both parents contribute, but usually one parent pays all the bills and the other re-reimburses.

If the parents don't decide or can't agree, then a judge does. What you are saying is you think whatever parent ends up as primary care giver should end up with all the bills for that child. The child isn't just the mother's--unless you think fathers should have no rights. And do you think only women want children? If that's so, what's up with all the men who want to marry younger women so they can "start a family."

As for the rant against feminism... I am not sure what you mean. On one hand, you complain about women marrying men who make more money (and think they only marry for money) then on the other hand you don't want women to make as much money or more than a man. You contradict yourself. So which is it? Do you want women to be dependent on men and when divorce happens the man *has* to pay alimony or do you want women to be able to earn as much or more than man so if divorce happens, men don't have to pay alimony (and alimony dies)? It's got to be one or the other because the dream of putting the genie back in the bottle with no-fault divorce; No law maker is going to touch that with a 10-foot pole.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:15 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Yep, and right now men are tired of being treated like ATM machines for the sake of their ex and kids. As women start to see why men are not wanting kids or marriage they are going to stop supporing the no fault divorces and feminism. By then the USA is going to look much different with caucasions having negative birth rates right now.
Wow, what a word salad. You've strung together a lot of different ideas, I'm assuming with the intent to imply causation, but without any kind of connection.

Suffice it to say that plenty of white people are a) getting married, and b) popping out babies. Neither the institution of marriage nor caucasians are in danger of extinction in the US any time soon. No-fault divorces and feminism aren't going anywhere, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships