Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 09:03 AM

358 posts, read 229,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Of course it is on them. It is their body, their choice. They are being discriminating.

And there is nothing wrong with that, nor does that make them bad people or skanks like some imply.

We can do lots of things all we want / at any time we want, most of us do exhibit some self restraint or choosiness.
Normal men do not have that option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 09:22 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Grey View Post
What, normal men have to settle for anything? Anything? Really? I doubt it. You would sleep with a woman as big as two of you who is old enough to be your Grandma and staggering drunk with puke in her hair, just because she wants you?

Everyone has SOME standards. If you don't, then you are hardly NORMAL. I don't see any male here being so desperate that they'd settle for anything to scratch an itch, seeing as how if you're reading this you obviously have an internet connection and if you're posting, you obviously have at least one functioning hand...

Old 06-24-2015, 09:33 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:

Normal men have the option to be discriminatory in who they may or may not go home with as well. Normal men have standards.

And while most normal men might not have as many options as most women, they have some options. I know precious few guys that don't have an ex or a fb or whatever they can't hook up with every couple of weeks. The ones that don't, well, generally they're not too normal. Heck, I'm far from normal and I have options.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:40 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman110 View Post
32 is not old.
I wouldn't go below 32, so it would be young

Old 06-24-2015, 12:46 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,449,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
So,what is wrong with looking for random guys in a bar to sleep with?

Why do guys who do the same thing not looked down on as much as us women?

I pretty much accept this,because I do not see myself in a relationship.
Is this Kaitlin from the Bachelorette?

Old 06-24-2015, 12:51 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Normal men have the option to be discriminatory in who they may or may not go home with as well. Normal men have standards.

And while most normal men might not have as many options as most women, they have some options. I know precious few guys that don't have an ex or a fb or whatever they can't hook up with every couple of weeks. The ones that don't, well, generally they're not too normal. Heck, I'm far from normal and I have options.
Your normal guy description would probably be in the top 85-95% range: Good enough to stand out from the field but not so hot that 1/2 the woman in the place turn there heads when they walk in the room: Either attractive, funny/witty, well to do, or has great game.

There's also a number of guys that fit in the same range that don't have back up or a fb or fwb too.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:59 PM

358 posts, read 229,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Your normal guy description would probably be in the top 85-95% range: Good enough to stand out from the field but not so hot that 1/2 the woman in the place turn there heads when they walk in the room: Either attractive, funny/witty, well to do, or has great game.

There's also a number of guys that fit in the same range that don't have back up or a fb or fwb too.
I find women are delusional when it comes to men (even good looking ones) and their options at any given time.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:09 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post

Not at all. I'm not even close to the top half.

Poor earner = check
Nice head of hair = never
Mediocre body = check
Fashion sense = none
Game = never even heard the term until I read this forum, but nope
Crappy apartment = yup
Car = just got one a few months back, but usually nope

None of that crap matters. And most everyone around has a fb or fwb, usually multiples, if they want them (some don't). Don't kid yourself.

Quote:
I find women are delusional when it comes to men (even good looking ones) and their options at any given time.

I'm a guy.

Old 06-25-2015, 10:08 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
There are some people like me who propably will never be in a relationship due to personality issues,attractiveness,etc.

It happens.
Someday some of us have to wake up and face reality. I already did.

I am an older woman btw.
I don't go to bars. I don't really like alcohol and casual cameraerie. I have met a fair number of women online. Quite a few of them talked a good game up front, which wasn't that surprising since these websites were a little more hardcore than OK Cupid. Thing is these same women with the super sultry come on's quickly turned vulnerable and clingy once real intimacy got underway. Some needed to get really hammered before they could have any fun. This always made me feel like I was taking advantage of them or something since I refused to get as inebriated myself. I have no judgements of a woman who is straight up from pick-up to see you around. I don't think that is most women though.

Last edited by Leisesturm; 06-25-2015 at 10:25 AM..

Old 06-25-2015, 10:37 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Unfortunately this seems to be supported by what research has been done. As I understand it 80% of women all fixate on the top 20% of males. This isn't great news but its worse than that. Even if one of the top 20% were to approach one of these women in a situation where they weren't expecting an opportunity to meet men, like... say a farmer's market or street corner... if a woman is approached by a very hot guy in a random off the cuff encounter, he will be rejected. I once dated a very sexually forward woman who used to tell me that when she and her friends were out drinking that around midnight she would say to all the guys that her friends were stringing along "she's not going to go home with you so if I were you I'd use the next two hours to hit on someone else". Her friends would be annoyed but they knew it was the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships