Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 10:36 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,866,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Some of them have boyfriends or husbands who will threaten you if you talk to them. I hate drama and a lot of attractive women have that. No thanks.
This has never happened to me. Seriously, have you been threatened by a dude just because you tried to start a convo with a woman? For real?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 10:40 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
This has never happened to me. Seriously, have you been threatened by a dude just because you tried to start a convo with a woman? For real?
Just because it hasn't to you doesn't mean it can't happen. I am not taking any risks.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Just because it hasn't to you doesn't mean it can't happen. I am not taking any risks.
Then you're gonna end up playing it safe all the way into isolation, your own solitary confinement. If that works for you, fine. But I get the feeling it's not working for you too well.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Then you're gonna end up playing it safe all the way into isolation, your own solitary confinement. If that works for you, fine. But I get the feeling it's not working for you too well.
How would you know? You don't know know me well enough to say that.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
How would you know? You don't know know me well enough to say that.
I've seen enough of your posting to say "I get the feeling it's not working out for you." Just a hunch, based on your posts around here.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:36 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,794,508 times
I tend to avoid most young women that are working supermarket cash registers. I sometimes get a weird vibe from them like some are embarrassed to be seen doing that job...although I think no less of them. I used to push carts. A person is not their job but I can understand why it might feel uncomfortable for some. Nobody likes to be noticed in a job they may not like. So I kind of steer toward the older ones that look married and aren't concerned with what men think of them.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
I've seen enough of your posting to say "I get the feeling it's not working out for you." Just a hunch, based on your posts around here.
I probably put off the wrong vibe. I loving friends from childhood and an amazing family. I have a lot of love around me. It keeps me happy.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:41 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,794,508 times
Quote:
Well, wait a second...don't Buddhist monks choose celibacy and seek out enlightenment by living alone for long stretches of time. Buddhist monks are often pretty wise...are you saying it's not working for them either? By all accounts, they choose that life because it increases their contentment. Maybe there is something to being alone.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:44 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,576 times
Quote:
To be fair, there are some crazy and insecure guys that would feel completely threatened if another guy so much as started a conversation with their girlfriend (without the guy even knowing she was in a relationship).

Old 03-29-2014, 11:49 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,741,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
So the only reason you would "talk" to a woman is because you want to try to date her?

In other words, you're only interested in women as potential targets for sex and not because they are intrinsically worth knowing for other reasons?

And because you have low self esteem, you only want to attempt to sleep with less attractive ones?

Great life strategy.
Most women when confronted by a gentlemen in public straight away think this way (at least a large majority of them). Just because us men want to chat to you doesn't mean we're always interested in you.

To answer the OP: I tend to talk to whoever it is I want when I want, that includes attractive and unattractive women. You have to learn how to read a woman though. In some instances they are out to get some, often times they are not. Learning how to read these things is an acquired skill that one will gain with experience. You will never learn unless you fail a few times, it's just part of the game, you win some you lose some. But the point of this is you have to try, now get out there and be somebody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships