Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 12:52 PM

102,220 posts, read 107,999,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
LOL, I think the stare of a lion is beholding... looks can be misinterpreted. Some women are so busy that they never really focus on you but only for a brief conversation...just going on with their lives. Don't just try to "catch" their attention but grab and hold their attention long enough to make them stop moving to the next agenda they have planned.

Start a simple conversation and don't forget to get to the most important questions like are you in a relationship...have children... etc. There are ways of doing this in a noninvasive way. It is just a screening tool for you know if you want to go any further. Don't be afraid to let them know you would like to take them out. How would they know that you are interested if you don't make it known . She will either say yes or no...no harm done.

But if you are REALLY interested persist a little harder...but not to hard...at giving her your phone number. You could always tell her again that you are intrigued by her and would like to get to know her...who she is. Let her know you really want her to take your number with the option of calling you or not. And write it on a nice size piece of paper so she won't have an excuse of losing it. At that point the ball is in her court; she will either throw it away or keep it...again no harm done. If you see her again hold another conversation with her but longer this time. She will begin to get familiar with you and focus on you more. You'll be in the door in no time.

During the date, pay attention to everything that is said and done. Remember that during this phase everybody is putting forth their best face forward so read the little nuances...it will be the little things that will reveal the most. After several dates her mouth will run like a river and all will be told but continue to pay attention. Now the crazy ones know how to clam up until you are deep into them and their real personality will raise its little hellish head and blame it on their cycle or whatever. So I stress PAY ATTENTION.

Once you are really interested get on the internet and start binging and googling your butt off for a more advance screening. Once your satisfied with what you found that ball is now in YOUR court....LOL.

Hope this helps
Where have YOU been the last couple of years? We really could have used you on this forum. Threads like these get started all the time. FINALLY--someone who knows how these things work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 01:17 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,600,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Where have YOU been the last couple of years? We really could have used you on this forum. Threads like these get started all the time. FINALLY--someone who knows how these things work!
LOL, I've been around but not much though... busy running my life... in a forward direction that is, lol. It's nice to know you've been missed

Old 03-23-2014, 01:28 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,600,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird13 View Post
that's why I'm sometimes scared when someone tries to approach me. I mean I feel like they chose me because they think of me as of an untaken unattractive woman.
Ok, enoough!!!! You just need to BE RELAXED...BE FRIENDLY...BE YOURSELF around men. That all it takes. BUT BE PRUDENT also because there's always men looking for brainless victim. Once they know you are smart ( and here again, there are ways to screen these also) the vultures will fly away and only the real men will be left standing.

Last edited by eyewrist; 03-23-2014 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: add info

Old 03-23-2014, 01:39 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,614,945 times
ALWAYS talk to beautiful women. It's good practice, an easy way to work on your confidence (having a beautiful woman respond to you in a friendly, positive way (even if you're asking about the weather) is good for the soul), and when everyone sees you do it your stock goes up.

Old 03-23-2014, 04:04 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,353,392 times
I don't avoid talking to attractive women. However, if I find myself getting a little irrational about her, I might back off for a while and get my mind right. Generally, attractive women seem to always be (pleasantly) surprised when I talk to them.

Old 03-23-2014, 04:06 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,866,732 times
Another thread on avoiding attractive women? Seriously, who does that?

Never mind. I don't want to know.

Old 03-23-2014, 04:08 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,866,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
ALWAYS talk to beautiful women. It's good practice, an easy way to work on your confidence (having a beautiful woman respond to you in a friendly, positive way (even if you're asking about the weather) is good for the soul), and when everyone sees you do it your stock goes up.
Couldn't rep you, man.

ALWAYS talk to any women you're attracted to. It's the best way to pass the time, and you never know, you may get a date or two or three out of it.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:48 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,312,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pac0900 View Post
Each time I see an attractive woman, I do not make an attempt to talk to her. In the past most attractive women that I tried to talk to are usually taken. I kinda feel like you have to be on your A game to get a pretty woman to like you. Sometimes I notice some women will lie about be taken to you because she is not feeling you when you approach her.
Once upon time that was me. If an attractive woman talked to me, I would ignore her. If an attractive woman sat next to me, I would move to another seat.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:49 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,312,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Another thread on avoiding attractive women? Seriously, who does that?

Never mind. I don't want to know.
A lot of men do. Attractive women can be intimidating and also very mean.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:01 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,433,104 times
Some attractive women are shallow enough to be so preoccupied with being attractive and sought after, that they forget to cultivate an actual personality. But then, there are some out there who may even find you attractive, and are genuine human beings. Dont let the shallows discourage you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships