Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2014, 01:45 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,209,412 times

Advertisements

And now, a musical interlude...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 01:52 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rider View Post
I'd like to get some perspective on this. I met a lady back on Mardi Gras day (3/4) and we hit it off really well that evening. We've been on two more dinner dates since then that I felt went well. I really enjoyed her company and I would be interested in a relationship with this woman.

The problem is that things don't seem to be progressing properly. We've made out with each other during each date but she doesn't invite me inside afterwards. I don't want to waste my time. I'm thinking she is "on the fence" with me and probably is seeing someone else also. Is it time to write this off yet?
She's seeing other guys (they all are). That's just part of the dating game. It's a competition that we don't always win. 3 dates might be a little premature to throw in the towel. It's true that most woman decide if they would sleep with you within the first 2 minutes of meeting, but sometimes you have to wait for that other guy to move on or not pan out before she'll settle on you. I'll probably get flamed for saying that, but there is a lot of truth to it.

Old 03-26-2014, 01:55 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,644,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
She's seeing other guys (they all are). That's just part of the dating game. It's a competition that we don't always win. 3 dates might be a little premature to throw in the towel. It's true that most woman decide if they would sleep with you within the first 2 minutes of meeting, but sometimes you have to wait for that other guy to move on or not pan out before she'll settle on you. I'll probably get flamed for saying that, but there is a lot of truth to it.
That is why a guy should not put all his eggs in one basket and date a handful of woman at once.

The way i see it if i was dating a girl I all ready know she might be sleeping with other guys or dating a handful of guys .

Old 03-26-2014, 02:00 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Hah, I have a lot of close relationships and am a good judge of character, too. Still doesn't mean having three dates with somebody puts them in that league of intimacy. *shrug*

Old 03-26-2014, 02:04 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,620,773 times
Quote:
There's no guarantee that she's seeing other guys just because she hasn't had sex with him.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:06 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,073,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Hah, I have a lot of close relationships and am a good judge of character, too. Still doesn't mean having three dates with somebody puts them in that league of intimacy. *shrug*
See, I would never spend a night alone with a girl if I did not feel intimacy or romantic feelings for her. Which is why I don't want traditional dating. Why are you having dinner with a stranger?

Old 03-26-2014, 02:13 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,209,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
See, I would never spend a night alone with a girl if I did not feel intimacy or romantic feelings for her. Which is why I don't want traditional dating. Why are you having dinner with a stranger?
Ya gotta start somewhere. Not everyone looks at their circle of friends as potential mates. Likewise, being friends with someone first doesn't guarantee a permanent relationship if you do fall in love. My ex-hub and I were friends first, and when all was said and done, we both agreed that we should have stayed that way.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:29 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,966 times
Instead of bringing up wanting to have sex with her this early in the dating relationship, why not ask her if she wants to snuggle instead? Watch her reaction to that. You will know whether or not she wants to get more intimate with you.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:44 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,232,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Is it really that difficult to accept that some people have good radar? Once I got into my late 20s, mine was finely tuned. Actually, it was finely tuned before that, but I ignored my gut when I shouldn't have.

I can't speak for Timberline, as he's a man and all, but I have much older sisters. I had the benefit of learning from their mistakes, and seeing from a distance what traits are good and bad in a man, and what clues he gives by the things he says and does that will tip a woman off to his character. Even so, I realize that if a man turns out to be a jerk, that's on him, not me. It has no bearing on my worth and self-esteem. Only he is responsible for his behavior.

For example, if a man carries some dopey double standard and would consider a woman "too easy" for being with him "too soon," I see that as a deal-breaking character flaw in him, whether he took that attitude with me or spoke that way about other women. I have pretty stringent criteria for what I like and don't like in terms of a man's attitude, which actually makes my weeding process go a lot quicker than women who dance around playing the "get to know you" game.

My own theory--and this is going to sound brutally sexist and misogynistic, but so be it--is that a lot of women talk too much or focus on the wrong things (job, house, money, etc.) and don't listen and observe enough in the early stages. If you ask the right questions, you can learn a lot by just letting him answer.
Some people have really good radars but few options so its either listen to the radar and not get laid or not listen to it and never get laid. As long as you dont intermingle finances, get married or have kids your ok. Ugh, I have another 20-30 years of this left

Its like that woman that was just saved from that desert island after 7 years, she was super exicted to hear a plane and had no idea if it was mauraders or people to save her.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:47 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,477,048 times
Quote:

If it's really a two-minute decision, a lot of guys might as well give up and crawl under a rock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships