Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2014, 04:56 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,073,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Ya gotta start somewhere. Not everyone looks at their circle of friends as potential mates.
yeah....seems that for all but two times, I have managed to only have feelings for people I knew in a platonic context who didn't see friends as potential romantic partners.

But in my case, I feel uncomfortable with trying to start a romantic relationship with a stranger. I know I'm not the only one; Katie Couric said she thinks "these things should happen organically"also..I just wish my heart would only feel drawn to people who are open to being found the way I want to find people. It's hard to know if someone is open to that in advance though....and even harder to choose who inspires poetry in your heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 04:57 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,477,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
How would I do that? Get another tablet? Wouldn't it be on the same IP?

Depends on your ISP. Some ISPs use static IP, where the IP you use never changes. Some ISPs ue dynamic IP there they own large blocks of IP addresses and you are assigned a different IP address every time you connect depending on which particular port was available.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:58 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,073,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
If it's really a two-minute decision, a lot of guys might as well give up and crawl under a rock.
Agree. I am one such person who should give up if that's the case.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:01 PM

31,084 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Exactly. This is really not so complicated.

Women bear the risk of pregnancy in a way men don't too.

Not to mention, in general women are hardwired to associate emotional connection with good sex.

Some of us wait until we are more comfortable with the situation/guy to protect ourselves and our hearts, that's all.
And sometimes mediocre and bad sex too!

Old 03-26-2014, 05:57 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,556,201 times
Liliac110, I realize your post below was in reply to someone else's, but I just had to comment, anyway.

While I don't claim to possess the Holy Grail , my sexual parts happen to be attached to a person - me. If I'm going to detach emotionally and simply have sex with someone (disregarding all of the inherent risks), than I should charge cold hard cash for it! Why would I simply want to be a sperm depository? I'm not saying that every sexual experience has to be a meeting of hearts and spirits with flowers blooming above our heads, but the way your post reads below makes me very sad.

If a man has to prove himself worthy, it's not to be worthy of that one part of my body. It's for all of me, my emotions, my intellect, my sense of humor, etc.

You can certainly have sex without intimacy, but why? Sex is better when you trust someone. Trust takes time, which takes us back to "there is no hard and fast rule; it depends when you feel comfortable", right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Oh, please. When women go nattering on about how sex is some precious, precious thing and how they would never, ever have it outside of marriage, and how a man must prove himself worthy of it, it implies that they think the ol' snatch is some miracle to behold, like some Holy Grail, and only a knight of the bravest and rarest order could ever hope to glance upon it and fill it with his hot wine of love. You and a few others have gone on about it. It's gag-inducing, to be honest with you. Sorry, but no one's genitalia is all that. Plenty of good women around who don't play such priggish, prissy games. Then y'all wonder why a good man is hard to find. The women who enjoy sex have them all.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:13 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
Instead of bringing up wanting to have sex with her this early in the dating relationship, why not ask her if she wants to snuggle instead? Watch her reaction to that. You will know whether or not she wants to get more intimate with you.
Some folks don't care for snuggling.

Personally, I hate it. It makes me feel trapped and uneasy and I just want to get up and run away.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:25 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,232,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Liliac110, I realize your post below was in reply to someone else's, but I just had to comment, anyway.

While I don't claim to possess the Holy Grail , my sexual parts happen to be attached to a person - me. If I'm going to detach emotionally and simply have sex with someone (disregarding all of the inherent risks), than I should charge cold hard cash for it! Why would I simply want to be a sperm depository? I'm not saying that every sexual experience has to be a meeting of hearts and spirits with flowers blooming above our heads, but the way your post reads below makes me very sad.

If a man has to prove himself worthy, it's not to be worthy of that one part of my body. It's for all of me, my emotions, my intellect, my sense of humor, etc.

You can certainly have sex without intimacy, but why? Sex is better when you trust someone. Trust takes time, which takes us back to "there is no hard and fast rule; it depends when you feel comfortable", right?
How much cash is the question?

Old 03-26-2014, 06:41 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,209,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Some folks don't care for snuggling.

Personally, I hate it. It makes me feel trapped and uneasy and I just want to get up and run away.
Same here, for the most part. It depends on the situation. And hot flashes.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:45 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,209,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post

Maybe you haven't been on this forum long enough to see the parade of princesses who come through here. Stick around.

As for the OP, I suggested he give her three more dates, where she should be the one suggesting and paying for at least one, if not two, of them. Way too many women out there who DO ay the Holy Grail game, and will treat a guy as a meal ticket. Don't be naive.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:48 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,644,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
Instead of bringing up wanting to have sex with her this early in the dating relationship, why not ask her if she wants to snuggle instead? Watch her reaction to that. You will know whether or not she wants to get more intimate with you.
I am not sure if most woman would go for that they might . I would have to warn her that i sleep in the buff so she might feel something poking her at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships