Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2014, 08:23 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,644,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yes, it shows a lack of understanding of male sexuality.
It shows a lack of understanding male sexuality to think the claim they have a higher sex drive is credible because they think about sex more and seek it more. Do tell how does it show a lack of understanding to think someone wants something more if they think about it more and find ways to get it more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 08:25 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,134,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Again you just proved my point.

I didn't state it's the same as.

I did state it's indicative of going by how I stated the study's claim of men having a higher sex drive seems to be supported by other studies like men think about sex more.

Bit curious as to the level of your reading comprehension.

My reading comprehension is better that your ability to communicate via the written word.

You claim it "supported" the conclusion
Then you claim it doesn’t “indicate” what followed
Now you’re saying it isn’t the same as, but it DOES “indicate” , when you initially said it “supported” the findings…
And now you’re trying to backtrack on three different statements and engage in ad hominem attacks, a logical failure
You debate like an undergrad

Old 03-26-2014, 08:27 AM

25,899 posts, read 42,809,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Sure! Some women have low expectations!
She's paid for one dinner date and initiated additional meetings. It sounds to me that she's not a princess on a pedestal type. I don't call that low expectations. More like getting with the times.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:28 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,134,166 times
Quote:
It shows a lack of understanding male sexuality to think the claim they have a higher sex drive is credible because they think about sex more and seek it more. Do tell how does it show a lack of understanding to think someone wants something more if they think about it more and find ways to get it more?

A) Thinking about sex
B) Desiring sex - aka feeling horny and/or wanting a physical connection
C) Taking actions to have sex - which may or may not be in response to B, there are tons of reasons to seek sex, not all having to do with sexual desire

If you don't see how those three things are different concepts/actions/statements, then I really can't help you whatsoever

But, hey, this says it all:

Quote:
I don't have sex as I'm a heterosexual gal so for me that would mean being f-ed by a guy and considering the most likely lack of pleasure and orgasm it doesn't hold interest for me and then tack on the risk of rape, STDs/STIs (gals twice more likely to get than give), and pregnancy and I see no reason. As well as I find masturbation > sex and vibrators are way better than the male body.
A very negative view on sex combined with an anti male sentiment.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:30 AM

29,784 posts, read 34,577,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I still don't understand why men don't get this. Also, some women need to see that the man has enough emotionally invested in her, or that he's a good enough guy generally, that if they have sex, he'll attend to her needs. Women are at greater risk of being used sexually, than men.
I think that while some women look at the situation as "how can I have sex with him if I don't know him very well?" some men look at it as "how can I get to know her well if we don't have sex?" Everyone has different expectations and levels of comfort, which gets tricky, especially if people are the type who can't see the perspectives of others and feel that they're being pressured or accused of playing games.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:31 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,609,703 times
Quote:
A) Thinking about sex
C) Taking actions to have sex - which may or may not be in response to B, there are tons of reasons to seek sex, not all having to do with sexual desire

If you don't see how those three things are different concepts/actions/statements, then I really can't help you whatsoever

Excellent points! Although for men, I think those lines are more blurred.

A usually leads to B. C is usually a result of B, but guys are always kind of "B", at least I am. Sometimes C happens just because we're alone and the kids aren't home.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:32 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,382,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
She's paid for one dinner date and initiated additional meetings. It sounds to me that she's not a princess on a pedestal type. I don't call that low expectations. More like getting with the times.
You may have a point.

But, the OP stated: "Three dates and no sex, should I dump her? At least she paid for some of the dates".

Would you like your daughter to date this guy?

Old 03-26-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
My reading comprehension is better that your ability to communicate via the written word.

You claim it "supported" the conclusion
Then you claim it doesn’t “indicate” what followed
Now you’re saying it isn’t the same as, but it DOES “indicate” , when you initially said it “supported” the findings…
And now you’re trying to backtrack on three different statements and engage in ad hominem attacks, a logical failure
You debate like an undergrad
I highly doubt your reading comprehension is better as you state "Then you claim it doesn't "indicate" what followed" when nowhere did I do such. In fact I've repeatedly shown it does indicate what follows hence why I use it as support.

I haven't backtracked on any statement:
I claimed it supported the conclusion.
You state that it's not the same as the conclusion.
I stated I'm not saying it's the same as the conclusion I'm saying it's supportive (indicative) of the conclusion.

You have lied. Show me where I claim it doesn't indicate what followed.

Let's not bs about the ad hominen attacks as you made accusations of my character. I simply inquired about your reading comprehension as you misrepresented my statements.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
A) Thinking about sex

It seems you did not investigate any of the studies I source as those three things were shown in the study as most of the time when guys thought about sex it was due to desiring sex aka feeling horny.

Unsurprising that you didn't investigage considering you talked about Buss claiming gals have a higher sex drive when his claim was that gals have a higher sex drive then when younger not that they have a higher sex drive than males.

Quote:

A very negative view on sex combined with an anti male sentiment.
Yeah it says you project your own views onto sexuality onto others. It's a very negative view on sex and anti male sentiment in your opinion. I'm not seeing any anti male sentiment or negativity on not being interested in sex and finding more sexual satisfaction with less risks in masturbation than sex.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:41 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,301,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Really? Women hold the keys for sex. They either open their legs or not. They have all the power in that department.

And it is disgusting for a man to show disappointment if a woman does not open the legs when he wants her to do so. A man who knows how to court a women does not have to stress about counting dates and who pay what. That sounds cheap and crass.

Thanks for the straw man about enjoying sex .

Lastly, most men that expect women to pay for dates at the onset of dating are generally cheap and strapped for cash. No big deal if a woman pays later on, but during the initial courting the MAN should take charge. And the MAN should not be keeping score as to haw many dates and how come there is no sex. Sex is a natural activity and it happens when it happens.

I agree with this and don't agree with this. I'm always up for paying for dates, but I've been on the receiving end of always opening my wallet as well. For me, I like a woman to offer, and give me the chance to decline. I had a date last Friday and we stayed in and cooked. She wanted to bring something, so I needed some salad, dressing, and bread. She showed up with all three. Wouldn't accept money for them, because she wanted to contribute.

Some people know they aren't interested in you, but will keep going out with you, because it's better than sitting at home alone. At the same time, they know by your actions that you won't ask them to pay. For the guys, we do it with sex. I had an FWB that I took out to eat one time in 5 years. By her actions, I knew she didn't care about going out to eat, she just liked being around me. Why spend the money if it's not going to change the end scenario? If your date likes to be taken out to dinner, then take her out. Just be aware that if you are on your 5th or 6th date, you should be able to tell if someone's interested in you. The laws of connection are pretty obvious. Most of us just try to force a square peg into a round hole, because we want them to like us as much as we like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships