Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2014, 05:06 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
No I do not.
Are you sure about that?

Everyone has a screw loose somewhere.

Okay, you do have your preferences. I used to have that same mindset. I thought I wouldn't be with a woman who had a child from another marriage. But I've realized that things are not that simple. Perhaps, being a child of a broken home with step parents on both my mother's and father's side, there is a chance I might be able to relate better to a child of a broken home.

Then again, it depends on the child. Also, the mother's child should be first to her.

Anyway, I rambled. You prefer to date someone who does not have a child from another relationship. Nothing wrong with that.

However, I suppose you could have at least finished your meal with her and then maybe you wouldn't have had to defend yourself here.

But you definitely do not have to be with a single mother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 05:18 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
You did nothing wrong by not being interested in a woman with a child. What you did wrong was ditch your date in the middle of dinner. Very rude.

I went on my fair share of dates before getting married, and I never ditched my dates. Even if they turned out to be a pompous jerk. Is the extra 20 minutes going to kill you?

Next time, just finish the meal and have the "talk" about how you want to be friends or that that is a deal breaker for you.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:53 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I think I mentally blended the two, actually. Thanks for finding this one though! Rep'd.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:27 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,996 times
the more positive experience a guy has with girls it will boost his confidence

Old 04-07-2014, 03:49 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Are you sure about that?

Everyone has a screw loose somewhere.

Okay, you do have your preferences. I used to have that same mindset. I thought I wouldn't be with a woman who had a child from another marriage. But I've realized that things are not that simple. Perhaps, being a child of a broken home with step parents on both my mother's and father's side, there is a chance I might be able to relate better to a child of a broken home.

Then again, it depends on the child. Also, the mother's child should be first to her.

Anyway, I rambled. You prefer to date someone who does not have a child from another relationship. Nothing wrong with that.

However, I suppose you could have at least finished your meal with her and then maybe you wouldn't have had to defend yourself here.

But you definitely do not have to be with a single mother.
I feel like I have to defend myself. I do this one time and all of a sudden I'm a woman hater to everyone here. Whatever!

Old 04-07-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Inexperienced? No, he's just an *******.
Hahahahahaha! I will just pretend you said something nice.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:56 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
I feel like I have to defend myself. I do this one time and all of a sudden I'm a woman hater to everyone here. Whatever!
Hey, this forum is brutal. Take a break because people can really chew you up. I don't recall too much of a thrashing that I took, because I pretty much backed away at the first sign.

Usually, If I see one response that attacks me I just walk away and whistle.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Have you heard of courtesy? Manners? Consideration for another's feelings? Do you truly believe it's normal behavior to walk out on a date in the middle of dinner?

Women only walk out of the guy starts with sex talk, or drools on her boobs, or something. Otherwise, women tend to be overly polite and tolerant. They'll sit through an entire date with a guy who talks non-stop and doesn't let them get a word in edgewise, much less show any actual interest in them. They don't get up and walk out just because the guy's a self-absorbed windbag, or because he reveals he has a kid at home.
Last time I checked, I can do whatever I want. If I don't want to stay somewhere I will leave. Simple as that. Get mad all you want, I don't care.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:12 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
Quote:
...I don't care.
We can tell.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:16 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Last time I checked, I can do whatever I want. If I don't want to stay somewhere I will leave. Simple as that. Get mad all you want, I don't care.
I don't think any of us are mad. You didn't do anything to us personally.

Yes - you can do whatever you want. But if you treat people like crap - you will most likely be treated like crap in return. And if you don't treat people with respect - don't expect them to treat you with respect either. Basically - you can be an a-hole if you want to be - but at least be aware that you are an a-hole and that most people aren't going to like you. If you don't care about any of that - that's fine. But you can't be an a-hole and expect people to treat you like a decent person, and then blame them when they don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships