Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 01:06 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times

Advertisements

Your best hope is to do what some men do and pretend to want to marry the woman and have children (sweet talk and future planning), yet keep stalling the actual marriage with a myriad of excuses, meanwhile keep having sex with her and she'll get pregnant. Stall some more until the baby is born, maybe even move her and baby in, but never marry her. Eventually she'll leave you but you'll still be a father.

The women I know who don't want marriage also don't want children. Most single moms I know who had children out of wedlock also wanted the guy to marry them, but he wouldn't.

Last edited by srjth; 04-20-2014 at 01:15 PM..

Old 04-20-2014, 01:10 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
I'm still curious as to what "concept" you don't like and what you think marriage is.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:11 PM

You could always pay a surrogate. Some men who don't want marriage are doing that these days, but you'd have to raise the child alone. Or you could team up with a lesbian who wants a child and sire the child. Some of them want the father to be involved in their life and work out an agreement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm still curious as to what "concept" you don't like and what you think marriage is.
Divorce is what they're afraid of.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post

I just like to hear people say it. Because if you are really vowing to raise a family with someone and spend your life with them - making the commitment of marriage shouldn't be a big deal - unless you want to have one foot out the door "just in case." In which case, I would be upfront with the person and let them know that you don't trust them enough to marry them but you still want them to have your children.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
I just like to hear people say it. Because if you are really vowing to raise a family with someone and spend your life with them - making the commitment of marriage shouldn't be a big deal - unless you want to have one foot out the door "just in case." In which case, I would be upfront with the person and let them know that you don't trust them enough to marry them but you still want them to have your children.
Right.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:29 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
Can it be done? Absolutely! Almost anything can be done with enough money.

I also want a kid/s, but don't want marriage, so, I have put adoption and surrogate as an option.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:31 PM
MJ7 MJ7 started this thread

6,221 posts, read 10,741,023 times
Quote:
Your best hope is to do what some men do and pretend to want to marry the woman and have children (sweet talk and future planning), yet keep stalling the actual marriage with a myriad of excuses, meanwhile keep having sex with her and she'll get pregnant. Stall some more until the baby is born, maybe even move her and baby in, but never marry her. Eventually she'll leave you but you'll still be a father.

The women I know who don't want marriage also don't want children. Most single moms I know who had children out of wedlock also wanted the guy to marry them, but he wouldn't.
I wouldn't do that to a woman, it's not fair. I wouldn't string her along and eventually get her pregnant all with the idea of never marrying her after I told her I would.

Quote:
You could always pay a surrogate. Some men who don't want marriage are doing that these days, but you'd have to raise the child alone. Or you could team up with a lesbian who wants a child and sire the child. Some of them want the father to be involved in their life and work out an agreement.

That whole lesbian mother/agreement is just not for me.

Yes, divorce.

Quote:
I'm not so sure I believe in monogamous relationships, even once married.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
I wouldn't do that to a woman, it's not fair. I wouldn't string her along and eventually get her pregnant all with the idea of never marrying her after I told her I would.

That whole lesbian mother/agreement is just not for me.

Yes, divorce.

Well, I'm noticing more women who don't want to marry because they are afraid of divorce too, so maybe you'll find one who feels the same way (still wants kids). She will likely be mid-to-late 30's though.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Can it be done? Absolutely! Almost anything can be done with enough money.

I also want a kid/s, but don't want marriage, so, I have put adoption and surrogate as an option.
Oooh, what about adoption, MJ7???

Quote:

Maybe you're also afraid of getting cheated on too. Some guys have that fear and don't want to marry.

Why did you say you wanted to get into an LTR now in the OP?

Old 04-20-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:

Well, now you are talking about a completely different thing. Are you planning on having an open relationship with the mother of your children or are you talking about just cheating on her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships