Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 09:12 PM

746 posts, read 870,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Have you seen a therapist for this phobia?
I haven't talked about cause last time I went I didn't have the phobia yet. I will have it to discuss on Monday.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:58 PM

2,767 posts, read 2,248,319 times
OP, since you mentioned marriage, what do you plan to do to support yourself and your wife? Curious what your career path you are taking.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
OP, since you mentioned marriage, what do you plan to do to support yourself and your wife? Curious what your career path you are taking.
I don't know what I WANT to do, but I can major in one of the too paying careers in the US. Probably something with computers.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:26 AM

29,805 posts, read 34,638,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post
I haven't talked about cause last time I went I didn't have the phobia yet. I will have it to discuss on Monday.
Are you actually seeing a therapist? For weeks, every time someone asks you say you aren't, but you have an appointment next week.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Are you actually seeing a therapist? For weeks, every time someone asks you say you aren't, but you have an appointment next week.
It's tomorrow.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post
But you don't know for sure why any given guy is approaching you so why make assumptions?
Thank you! We're not all shallow! Some guys really do care about more than looks!

Old 04-27-2014, 10:58 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,227,805 times
Stop worrying about technology and go out and live your life.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Stop worrying about technology and go out and live your life.
How do you think I can live my life without driving in this country? I really don't want to move to NYC.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:31 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,227,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post
How do you think I can live my life without driving in this country? I really don't want to move to NYC.
Then do what you can to move somewhere that will allow you to travel via bike or public transit. My area isn't anywhere close to NYC but we have decent public transit and an improving bike infrastructure.

Work with what you've got. If a woman you meet isn't going to date someone who doesn't drive, find someone else.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Then do what you can to move somewhere that will allow you to travel via bike or public transit. My area isn't anywhere close to NYC but we have decent public transit and an improving bike infrastructure.

Work with what you've got. If a woman you meet isn't going to date someone who doesn't drive, find someone else.
Yeah a woman who won't date a man for a dumb reason like he doesn't drive is too shallow and selfish. Guys have traditionally picked women up, it wouldn't hurt them to return the favor. So relationships either crumble or don't happen because of religious differences, financial problems, and not owning a car (most pathetic reason). I got legs, I can walk (I would live closer to places like the store and stuff). A car proves nothing! If someone can get around without one AND doesn't have to have you drive them everywhere (unless you're actually ok with that) than it should not matter. What's manlier, having a car and relying on a machine to take you everywhere, or doing without and showing you can figure something ekse out. Also cars are to expensive. Living far from the town or city sucks anyway (unless you like it).

A car is not necessarily a sign of independence and responsibility. If you can go without that can show independence and responsibility. And it saves you more money. Remember people split up and divorce over money?

Also sitting and pressing a pedal is not excercise. Maybe if the US was not so car dependent the obesity rate would be lower! Unless the majority of people took transit (we'd probably have more transit if we were less car dependent). I should walk 8 miles to and from the junior college (biking is good too, and will save 2 hours each way) because I'm a little overweight, or at least getting there. Only problem is when you walk or bike (depending on the weather and distance) you might get sweaty.

I don't understand how anyone can have time for a social life, a relationship, college, and work (even if you work on campus). It must be near impossible to do what you HAVE to do AND have fun in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships