Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 08:53 PM

746 posts, read 870,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
If a guy lives in the United States and doesn't drive, he needs to get his act together.

The implications of a guy not driving are much more than simply not having a car. **** man, I bought my first car before I turned 16. I got a job at mcdonalds and bought my own cell phone, car and insurance.
What if you live somewhere with mass transit? Some places its an obstacle TO own a car.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:59 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,227,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post
What if you live somewhere with mass transit? Some places its an obstacle TO own a car.
It's all depends on the person. I thought I read somewhere that around 70% of people in Chicago own a car.

This is why all this focus on the act of driving is pointless. You can only control what you do, not anyone else.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:01 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,035,620 times
Quote:
That's definitely not the case anywhere in Texas. A guy should not need his gf to cart him around the city.

Sounds to me like you need a mother, not a gf. You say you're mature for your age, but honestly you're just another typical 18 year old. The only difference is that you think you're more mature because you think about marriage.

You're like every other 18 year old out there. It's not a bad thing... but you've got a lot of learning to do. Just live your life. Why don't you listen to me? I've been there man.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
That's definitely not the case anywhere in Texas.
What about Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Houston?

Old 04-28-2014, 09:03 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,227,805 times
Quote:
Isn't Houston pretty spread out and car-centric?

Old 04-28-2014, 09:04 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,035,620 times
Quote:

Been there, Dallas no car? lol.. Houston? Really?

Old 04-28-2014, 09:17 PM

Doesn't anyone feel having to drive everyday is a huge hassle and chore and wallet drainer? You people that drive without even thinking about it, y'all are lucky.
I think driving will be the HARDEST problem for me to overcome. Not driving will make physically getting to places a problem. I really do like Texas, but its HEAVILY reliant on driving AND owning a car. Texas will hugely benefit from self driving cars cause there's no damn transit except in a few spots in the whole state. No wonder driving is as big a deal if not more than, buying a house.

Last edited by MynameisnotPeter; 04-28-2014 at 10:24 PM..

Old 04-28-2014, 10:16 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,790,247 times
Quote:
Doesn't anyone feel having to drive everyday is a huge hassle and chore and wallet drainer? You people that drive without even thinking about it, y'all are lucky.
I think driving will be the HARDEST problem for me to overcome. Because it will make physically getting places a problem. I really do like Texas, but its HEAVILY reliant on driving AND owning a car. Texas will hugely benefit from self driving cars cause there's no damn transit except in a few spots in the whole state. No wonder driving is as big a deal if not more than, buying a house.
No. Not at all. Being able to drive is the biggest convenience I know of besides having the internet in my pocket.

I'm at a complete loss for how you think driving will make physically getting places a problem. I'm hoping you just made a typo because otherwise, you're just delusional. Driving makes it easier to physically get places, not harder.

And give it a rest with the self driving cars. Bet bet, they're still about a decade away from being mass produced and affordable, and then you'll be on her about how you wasted your 20's waiting for your google car.

Driving is EASY! I can't for the life of me figure out why you're making this such a big deal when out of all your issues it's the easiest to fix. Sign up for a behind the wheel driving less and learn already.

And news flash. Unless you live in one of about 10 cities in the US with the coincidence of having a job there, you're probably going to need a car. Texas is not unique in it's driving reliance.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeo123 View Post
No. Not at all. Being able to drive is the biggest convenience I know of besides having the internet in my pocket.

I'm at a complete loss for how you think driving will make physically getting places a problem. I'm hoping you just made a typo because otherwise, you're just delusional. Driving makes it easier to physically get places, not harder.

And give it a rest with the self driving cars. Bet bet, they're still about a decade away from being mass produced and affordable, and then you'll be on her about how you wasted your 20's waiting for your google car.

Driving is EASY! I can't for the life of me figure out why you're making this such a big deal when out of all your issues it's the easiest to fix. Sign up for a behind the wheel driving less and learn already.

And news flash. Unless you live in one of about 10 cities in the US with the coincidence of having a job there, you're probably going to need a car. Texas is not unique in it's driving reliance.
I meant to say NOT driving makes it hard to physically get around. Of course driving makes it easier. I made a typo.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:59 AM

51,408 posts, read 37,095,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Isn't Houston pretty spread out and car-centric?
Yes, I spent 6 months there. You'd definitely need a car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships