Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 12:33 AM

778 posts, read 824,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post
So you think I won't be able to get any woman until I drive (assuming self driving cars don't become an option).

So I can't get a good woman unless I can operate a vehicle? (Again assuming humans still HAVE to operate cars). That makes me very sad.
Let me state this as slowly and plainly as I can.

Stop. Worrying. About. Girls.

Get. Therapy.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:19 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,948 times
Dated the OCD guy before. It's impossible to live with these people. I wouldn't do it again.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:11 AM

32,664 posts, read 48,091,772 times
OP, the main point is that the majority of women don't want to enter into a relationship where they have to do full time care for a man who refuses to take care of himself.

The suggestions that you are receiving boil down to you need to learn how to take care of yourself before you are going to have much success with the ladies.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:54 AM

2,294 posts, read 2,781,236 times
Quote:
My dad thinks if I don't drive that I won't be able to be successful in life. My mom may or may not think that, she won't stop saying we should go driving though.

So it makes me feel like driving is actually the most important thing in life and at least somewhat defines who I am.
Take their advice. While not "required" it does substantially increase your odds, and out of the laundry list of problems you're dealing with, this is the easiest to fix.

Also, while the guy doesn't always have to pick up the girl, it quickly gets annoying for the driving party to always have to pick up the other.

It comes off as selfish since you expect the other person to do something for you that you won't do for yourself.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:57 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
You laid out a bunch of things about yourself in the OP. However, before even getting to the list you'd already be ruled out. No woman wants to consider marriage with a guy who doesn't know [mod cut/bleep] about anything. You claim you can't figure out FAFSA, move out on your own, figure out basic human interactions.. why the hell would any woman want to start a family with you?

[snip]

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-29-2014 at 12:27 PM..

Old 04-28-2014, 02:50 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,113,000 times
A long time ago someone on this forum gave me a really valuable piece of advice. She said if you want people to be interested in you, then you have to be interesting. Are you interesting? In your OP, it seems you typed out all the things you don't like about yourself, but have somehow managed to still convince yourself that a woman is shallow if she can't overlook any of the things you don't even like about yourself. How can you expect a woman to like you, much less love you if you don't even like you?

Obviously you're not happy with the fact that you don't drive or you wouldn't be trying to justify it on the internet and harping on cars that drive themselves. Anxiety sucks. I've dealt with it myself before, but you can't ask someone to just deal with it when you have OCD and anxiety so bad you can't drive yourself to the super market, okay? There's a HUGE difference between someone living in NYC where it's not practical to own a car and someone who lives where it is practical to own one, but they're too afraid to drive anywhere. HUGE. I can deal with someone who is messy and leaves their socks on the floor or someone who is always running behind, but someone who is too anxious to drive anywhere? No, I cannot deal with that and most women will feel the same way.

Fix your issues.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:12 PM

378 posts, read 1,207,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
A long time ago someone on this forum gave me a really valuable piece of advice. She said if you want people to be interested in you, then you have to be interesting. Are you interesting? In your OP, it seems you typed out all the things you don't like about yourself, but have somehow managed to still convince yourself that a woman is shallow if she can't overlook any of the things you don't even like about yourself. How can you expect a woman to like you, much less love you if you don't even like you?

Obviously you're not happy with the fact that you don't drive or you wouldn't be trying to justify it on the internet and harping on cars that drive themselves. Anxiety sucks. I've dealt with it myself before, but you can't ask someone to just deal with it when you have OCD and anxiety so bad you can't drive yourself to the super market, okay? There's a HUGE difference between someone living in NYC where it's not practical to own a car and someone who lives where it is practical to own one, but they're too afraid to drive anywhere. HUGE. I can deal with someone who is messy and leaves their socks on the floor or someone who is always running behind, but someone who is too anxious to drive anywhere? No, I cannot deal with that and most women will feel the same way.

Fix your issues.
Repeated for emphasis. Not driving is not itself the problem, its your inability to deal with everyday life. A man's got to have a career (or at least be in school) and working towards a successful future... or at least an independent one, to be interesting enough to date.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:40 PM

746 posts, read 866,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post

Fix your issues.
I said if a woman rejects a guy just because he doesn't drive, she's shallow, and perhaps selfish.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:47 PM

746 posts, read 866,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbean View Post
Repeated for emphasis. Not driving is not itself the problem, its your inability to deal with everyday life. A man's got to have a career (or at least be in school) and working towards a successful future... or at least an independent one, to be interesting enough to date.
But I feel (I've Ben told by some) that I can not be successful in life unless I drive, and drive everyday, driving for one minute is way too much.

Oh and my dad said he's not paying for me to go to therapy every week cause its a waste of money, and will only pay for me to see my doctor cause he gives me actual medicine. I may or may not have to go out into the road KNOWING that's it likely I'll do very poorly. I guess sometimes we just have to go through hell in life and there's no way to avoid it. I might not get to get therapy early on, that's just how it is. At least I'll still have medicine, I could not function AT ALL without it, yes I could be worse than I am now. I have to rely in medicine to function at all.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:50 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
Quote:
I said if a woman rejects a guy just because he doesn't drive, she's shallow, and perhaps selfish.
If a guy lives in the United States and doesn't drive, he needs to get his act together.

The implications of a guy not driving are much more than simply not having a car. **** man, I bought my first car before I turned 16. I got a job at mcdonalds and bought my own cell phone, car and insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships