Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 09:12 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,765,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla from B'More View Post
I just find something to talk about and then take the conversation to a personal level. If she's liking it I then ask for her number and say "we should hang out sometime"
See, that's where you lose me. "We should hang out sometime" sounds stultifyingly boring and unimaginative--and paints you as a guy making a vague, half-hearted suggestion rather than confidently asking for a date.

When I am conversing with a guy I like and who seems to like me, I am looking for that shared interest, then I can suggest getting together based on that (film festival, farmer's market, dog park, etc.) If a guy took that tack, I would be MUCH more likely to say yes.

"Hang out sometime" make me think he's got no other motivation than going to my place and "cuddle" until the clothes come off.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:12 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,319,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla from B'More View Post
When I do cold approach I usually strike up a conversation in line or with someone sitting near me. Usually talk about something contextual. If the convo goes well I ask them if they want to get Starbucks or something like that. How do you feel about being approached by strangers?
I will not cold approach women I don't know anymore. But if it's friendly conversation, I'll do that.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:17 AM

13 posts, read 19,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
See, that's where you lose me. "We should hang out sometime" sounds stultifyingly boring and unimaginative--and paints you as a guy making a vague, half-hearted suggestion rather than confidently asking for a date.

When I am conversing with a guy I like and who seems to like me, I am looking for that shared interest, then I can suggest getting together based on that (film festival, farmer's market, dog park, etc.) If a guy took that tack, I would be MUCH more likely to say yes.

"Hang out sometime" make me think he's got no other motivation than going to my place and "cuddle" until the clothes come off.
It also helps that I have muscle and kind of show it off. My goal is to make the woman want to validate herself for me rather than i do it for her. By appearing non committal I show that I ain't desperate and that I have other options.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:19 AM

1,098 posts, read 906,073 times
Quote:
I'm not saying this is my intention or even the intention of most guys, but if this happens to be the intention of a particular individual why should you care? He'll simply move on to someone who wants that kind of relationship.

"Never sleep with anyone who doesn't want it as bad as you"

If any woman dangles sex around like a prize to be won I want nothing to do with her.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:22 AM

52,338 posts, read 52,799,906 times
Quote:

I agree, but I think it's a generational thing.

I think, to be honest, women these days settle for far far less than they should. One of the unfortunate side effects of sexual revolution.... men don't need to chase and value women like they used to, woman
"A" won't bone ya, woman "B" most certainly will and as a side bennie, you don't even have to work hard to get her to.... LOL.....

But I guess being over 40, we're probably just considered "old" and our opinion doesn't matter......

Old 05-04-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
But I guess being over 40, we're probably just considered "old" and our opinion doesn't matter......
Guess it's a good thing that they know everything then! Our advice is not needed!

Old 05-04-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
I'm not saying this is my intention or even the intention of most guys, but if this happens to be the intention of a particular individual why should you care? He'll simply move on to someone who wants that kind of relationship.
You're quite right and this is exactly what most women of substance will do-not care and move on. Just don't call them entitled or cry about rejection when clearly you two are on different pages in what you are looking for.

Quote:
"Never sleep with anyone who doesn't want it as bad as you"

If any woman dangles sex around like a prize to be won I want nothing to do with her.
Agreed, for both sexes.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree, but I think it's a generational thing.

I think, to be honest, women these days settle for far far less than they should. One of the unfortunate side effects of sexual revolution.... men don't need to chase and value women like they used to
More like can't. Just Ignoring a girl's text will get you way farther than say a love letter, or flowers and men are starting to get smarter. In fact, a love letter in today's society will just get you thrown into the creep tank.

Old 05-04-2014, 10:05 AM

957 posts, read 1,061,714 times
I always strike up conversations with women I find attractive, but I don't ask them out or anything. If I happen to see them 4-5 more times and we have a fun conversation each time I'll tell her we should grab some coffee or drinks.

I always try to make it sound like a casual hangout, never a "date."

Old 05-04-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
It's is not "nature," it is civilized human socialization.
Civilized human socialization is molded by nature..not the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.