Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 08:34 PM

101 posts, read 107,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
I might be one of the few black guys on the planet that does not listen to rap, hip hop, or R&B.

Jazz, instrumental music, little Stevie Wonder or Michael Jackson every now and then.

Stopped listening to the other stuff once I graduated college.

If you listen to some of that stuff long enough it will begin to affect you mentally.

Exceptions for kid cudi.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:40 PM

601 posts, read 1,076,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Out of everyone in this thread, you are the only one who has demonstrated a truly one-track mind. Generalizing people based on musical taste is elementary....at best. Really, it's actually ignorant.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:40 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
I might be one of the few black guys on the planet that does not listen to rap, hip hop, or R&B.

Jazz, instrumental music, little Stevie Wonder or old school Michael Jackson every now and then.

If you listen to some of the rap stuff long enough it will begin to affect you mentally.
Oh usamathman my music doesn't define me. I have a broad spectrum of different music.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:42 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:

Jazz, instrumental music, little Stevie Wonder or Michael Jackson every now and then.

If you listen to some of the rap stuff long enough it will begin to affect you mentally.
There seems to be a lot of stereotypes about black people and rock and heavy metal and not liking them. I find it funny because blacks back in the day pretty much started old school rock and roll, guys like Chuck Berry, guys like him were around before Elvis. Elvis while he did have some talent wasn't a huge talent like others have been, but he was good for marketing, good looking white guy, made for selling music to the masses, those were the times then.

Ice T had a heavy metal band that a lot of people don't know about, wasn't too bad, wasn't great but they had some pretty good tunes. Body Count was the name of the band.. "Cop killer" it stirred up a bit of controversy back then.

Back to thread... would I date an individual that liked Rap... I suppose it would depend on the individual.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:50 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
There seems to be a lot of stereotypes about black people and rock and heavy metal and not liking them. I find it funny because blacks back in the day pretty much started old school rock and roll, guys like Chuck Berry, guys like him were around before Elvis. Elvis while he did have some talent wasn't a huge talent like others have been, but he was good for marketing, good looking white guy, made for selling music to the masses, those were the times then.
Completely agree.

Things have changed in 2014. Pretty sure there still a few black people that still enjoy rock and heavy metal. Most...especially the younger generation are into rap and hip hop.

Even the R&B of the 80's and 90's is starting to phase out.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:51 PM

Girl better be packin heat and sport gold teeth and a rockin booty if I'm gonna go man I want the full package.

It's a lifestyle.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:57 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,468,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Oh good lord.
I know, doesn't it all just make you chuckle your socks off.

I gotta be free, and something something, to ride in my cadillac, something something. "White Walls". I rarely know what most people are saying in many songs, rap or otherwise. But it's more the beat and a few catchy words that pulls one in sometimes. I listen to a little bit of everything and most of men I've dated don't listen to rap, but, they don't begrudge my rather eclectic taste. As a team, we will choose to listen to something that is appealing to both of us when together. If that's a problem for the guy, then he can get along elsewhere, not a problem. I can't imagine involving myself with someone so one dimensional.

I guess a lot of the songs have two versions, because that one song, I didn't realize there was a lot of swearing in it, either it's my ears or I had the misfortune of picking the vulgar version when I went to pull the video on youtube. Oh my. Anyway, I do prefer the popcorn versions of rap, what can I say.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:58 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Let me get out my diamond incrested grill.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:00 PM

867 posts, read 909,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Ice T had a heavy metal band that a lot of people don't know about, wasn't too bad, wasn't great but they had some pretty good tunes. Body Count was the name of the band.. "Cop killer" it stirred up a bit of controversy back then.

Back to thread... would I date an individual that liked Rap... I suppose it would depend on the individual.
You see I was going to post something similar but I don't like getting racial. Without guys like Muddy Waters, Lonnie Johnson, Robert Johnson, Jimi Hendrix...etc...there would be no guitar. I mean the old Blues masters took what was relatively an obscure instrument that really didn't make enough noise to be taken seriously in a big band setting and revolutionized the world.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:01 PM

If a girl came up to me and called me baby pop and demands me to kiss her, better make it FAST or else she was going to get pissed I just might shoot...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships