Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 02:52 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,435,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets_talk View Post
A) Cartels, gangs i.e drug dealers
B) There is no financial benefit in drug using. Drug dealing is centerpiece of organized crime
C) EDM doesn't preach violence and materialism
D) Yes, furthermore the artists and their fans commit less crime
E) Percentage of drug users in EDM is far less than Rap I.E Europeans that only drink

A) Who gets your E for you/friends?
B) Who gets your E for you/friends?
C) Neither does all rap
D) Proof?
E) Proof? Because I find that REALLY hard to believe.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:52 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
I listen to it. If a song sounds good, I listen. No more no less. I don't care who's singing. I am never going to meet them, But why not enjoy good music that produce. So, yeah I would date someone that listened. How does what they listen to effect who they are?

Country isn't my favorite, but if I were you, i'd be saying something like anyone liking country music is a redneck. See how flawed and ignorant that is.

And as some said, not all rap is about drugs, hoes, *******, etc. It's diverse. You can rap about anything--and some rap has very good messages.

Now alot of rappers do focus on that stuff, but it's not the music. People are just different now. Everything seems to be about drugs and sex to many people in media. Non-rap has that.

Last edited by HappyRain; 05-15-2014 at 03:37 AM..

Old 05-15-2014, 03:32 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
I listen to rap music extensively. I have far from a one track mind. I'm studying for a Masters degree and making all As so far. Plus I'm kicking a&@ at my job. Rap is much more than a one track gig.

My favorite rapper of current times, MGK gives inspiration to rise out of a tough situation.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyj9g4M1alI

Also, a truly underrated group Arrested Development gives a perspective on anti-violence.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7TRcUGWgk

Nappy Roots gives a perspective on country life.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QbN6VkleO48

Rap is a beautiful diverse genre, if you are willing to go beyond what MTV and BET show you and try to call it real rap. Anyone who has your small opinion of rap is really the one with a one track mind.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:54 AM

706 posts, read 1,205,801 times
As long as he doesn't force me to like it because that's awfull or cuts me down for not liking it, I don't care what kind of music he listens to.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:06 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,412,243 times
well being that the rap/hiphop genre is worldwide you've pretty much limited yourself

pretty judgemental and typical post from diverse open minded people

i listen to a bunch of music and love alot of rap/hh music from like the late 80's- mid 90's and still jam it today

guess i'm just simple minded and ignorant and kill and rape women

Old 05-15-2014, 06:25 AM

22,599 posts, read 47,698,122 times
Quote:
People that are fans of the genre seem to be trapped in simple one track minds and it drives their daily lives. I personally write off any female that engages in the music. How could we possibly share the same mental or emotional wave lengths if she is involving in such elementary behavior. What are your experiences?
There are all different kinds of rap... even Christian rap.
To lump everyone who listens to the genre into one group is short-sighted on your part, along with judgmental and wrong.

You are the one with the simple one track mind.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:36 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,994,360 times
Sure, but they'd have to listen to other stuff too, not just rap exclusively.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:49 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,484,101 times
Quote:
People that are fans of the genre seem to be trapped in simple one track minds and it drives their daily lives. I personally write off any female that engages in the music. How could we possibly share the same mental or emotional wave lengths if she is involving in such elementary behavior. What are your experiences?
I can't imagine rejecting someone just because of their taste in music. If they had, as you say, a "simple one track mind," then I would. But I don't think rap music has some magical power to turn otherwise complex, interesting human beings into morons.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:53 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
I don't care what she listens to, as long as shes hot, lol

Old 05-15-2014, 06:58 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,484,101 times
Quote:
EDM. The less lyrics the better. I prefer to mold my own experience and mood based on the melody
Now see, I could point out that electronic dance music is a staple of club culture, and club culture is pretty ugly, in my experience. Most clubs are not happy, fun places. Most clubs are full of horny, half drunk guys with aggressive attitudes all strutting around trying to impress women, often by degrading and humiliating other. men. That is one of the reasons why fight in clubs are so frequent and so violent. But did the music cause that? Not likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships