Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 09:09 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,699,004 times

Advertisements

Harassment doesn't stop. I think someone could say something to me I consider inappropriate, but I wouldn't necessarily consider it harassment if he stopped when I asked him to. He could just be an idiot and think his inappropriate comments are flattering or he could just be a really bad flirt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 09:11 PM

540 posts, read 455,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
You can't be harassed by something you WANT.
it has nothing to do with being attractive or ugly....it has to do with MUTUAL interest and intent.
Its all of the above. If a woman finds him attractive its flattery at worst. If hes unattractive then its harassment no matter what

Old 06-03-2014, 09:14 PM

369 posts, read 394,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
Harassment doesn't stop. I think someone could say something to me I consider inappropriate, but I wouldn't necessarily consider it harassment if he stopped when I asked him to. He could just be an idiot and think his inappropriate comments are flattering or he could just be a really bad flirt.
The smart guy isn't gonna even chance it.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yshudicare View Post
Its all of the above. If a woman finds him attractive its flattery at worst. If hes unattractive then its harassment no matter what
It's not even how you look. It's if you happen to get "a sore one" or not. I've seen some pretty good looking guys get embarrassed and threatened before. The woman doing it should have said her prayers. She was lucky to get "that good" of a catch. She won't again, especially after the word gets out what a b______ she is.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:18 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,503,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yshudicare View Post
Again, you can't be harassed when it's a mutual.

It may be that she finds the man attractive and wants the attention because that's what she is looking for. She also might be happily married and not interested in anyone outside of her SO and take huge offense to advances.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:

It may be that she finds the man attractive and wants the attention because that's what she is looking for. She also might be happily married and not interested in anyone outside of her SO and take huge offense to advances.
I think we agree just with different words

Old 06-03-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Lose View Post
It's not even how you look. It's if you happen to get "a sore one" or not. I've seen some pretty good looking guys get embarrassed and threatened before. The woman doing it should have said her prayers. She was lucky to get "that good" of a catch. She won't again, especially after the word gets out what a b______ she is.
Rejecting guys as validation does exist. Again. Its a gamble.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:23 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,233,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You guys couldn't be more wrong. It doesn't have to do with how attractive someone is. It has to do with feeling uncomfortable or unsafe. It's pretty scary that apparently some people on here think that if you are good looking, you basically can't harass or rape a woman because she'd be attracted to you.

Most men are not bad men. But the ones that are bad men are bad regardless of how attractive they are.

see you don't understand that if she is attracted to the guy it doesn't FEEL like harassment.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:

Yeahi, but are you gonna be the guy to decide that? I've seen woman flirt just for the fun of it before. When a guy fires back a REAL advance...that's where the problem starts. Sometimes they are funny....when you figure them out...you let the rest of us know.

Most "smooth operators" aren't smooth at all. The guys who hang out at the front doors of the food court at the mall hitting on every woman that comes in.

How come they always look around to spot me...."the biggest, toughest nastiest" guy they can find close by should he not take no for an answer?

Old 06-03-2014, 10:08 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,503,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by You Lose View Post
Yeahi, but are you gonna be the guy to decide that? I've seen woman flirt just for the fun of it before. When a guy fires back a REAL advance...that's where the problem starts. Sometimes they are funny....when you figure them out...you let the rest of us know.

Most "smooth operators" aren't smooth at all. The guys who hang out at the front doors of the food court at the mall hitting on every woman that comes in.

How come they always look around to spot me...."the biggest, toughest nastiest" guy they can find close by should he not take no for an answer?
I don't believe There is no such thing as a "natural flirt" it's a chosen behavior that becomes a common one.

The idea that "it's not my fault" or "I can't help it" because I am a natural flirt doesn't wash with me.

It shows a general lack of awareness for ones self and their surroundings

There nothing wrong with it (being flirtatious) but there is a time and a place for it just like everything else in life.

If someone is flirtatious with me I don't naturally play along unless I have an interest and it's apparent. I don't take off collar banter for interest....i take direct acknowledgement.

You have to understand that if you are going to play games, you are putting yourself in a position to be played with.

If you don't want to be a player set the standard and stop those people that are soliciting you dead in their tracks and make it apparent there is not shared interest. If they persist don't engage them, leave them to flirt with themselves until the next thing catches their eye and you're yesterday's news.

Last edited by rego00123; 06-03-2014 at 10:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships