Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 07:14 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,383,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
A clue for straight men. If you don't want a gay man you don't know doing it to you, don't do it to a woman who doesn't know you.
YES!!!!

That's it right there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 07:15 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,832,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
You sound quite self effacing. I don't need to make myself better for the sake of women, other than working on not staring. I'm good enough just as I am, except in areas that I want to improve for my own sake. I'm not harming women by existing as I am.
And yet, you admit that you can't differentiate between pictures of women and actual women.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:16 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,955,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Oh I'm sure there's some truth to them. But I'm 50, no-one had a diagnosis back when I was young. And fewer people seemed so totally unable to relate to others. There was social cohesion, most people knew how to act appropriately around adults, women, children, old people. I am dismissive of these excuses for acting badly because I simply don't believe that so many people don't know what nice manners and good behaviour is.
Blah blah blah. The good old days. Some of the ******* comments bashing me mercilessly when you people don't even know if i upset women or not on recent pages are kind of pissing me off.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
And yet, you admit that you can't differentiate between pictures of women and actual women.
Who said that? I said that staring at pictures of women gets me in bad habits.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Are you attached? If so, were you the same way when you were not in a relationship?
I'm pretty much the same way, attached or not. I've been harassed before and now I am cautious about how my behavior affects women.

Right now, I might be in an on and off relationship...

Old 06-03-2014, 07:22 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,832,456 times
Quote:
Who said that? I said that staring at pictures of women gets me in bad habits.
Looking at pictures and interacting with actual human beings are things that most people find to be completely unrelated activities.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
No it makes perfect sense. That gay stranger doesn't know you are not interested and shouldn't assume you are. That male stranger staring at me doesn't know I am not interested and shouldn't assume I am. See how that works?

Mind your manners.
I don't assume she's interested. That's what I'm trying to find out often when I glance/look/state. I know it's a bad habit.

If I'm to treat every woman the way I want a gay guy to treat me, then I'm never ever ever going to get to date. Based on your posts, I suppose what you want. Even better if my unworthy self disappears off the face of the earth.

Some of the ******* posts on this thread make me wish I hadn't posted it, even though I've gotten good information from other less judgmental posts.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Lose View Post
So now we have time limits for crying out loud?

I don't care if a woman stares at me the whole freaking day.

LOL!!! Time limits

Hey, as long as she doesn't die on me.

But I wasn't thinking about the women. This was for men. If a woman stared at me until the end of time, I'd be happy with that... I think.

Unfortunately, I get a lot more stares from men than women so I just have to brush that off.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Looking at pictures and interacting with actual human beings are things that most people find to be completely unrelated activities.
Good for you.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
So you do look, then.
I hope I never said I didn't.

I don't know, I had one of those tough days where my bike takes a dump on me. I'm ending up having to walk about 10 miles or so to go get a rim from my storage to switch out. My bike is working again. I may be a little incoherent.

I do take a glance or two and just go on with my business. Now I admit, I have been caught. I haven't really gotten any negativity from it. I just went on with my business.

I wouldn't stare unless she was acting weird, or I caught her staring at me, like that one lady at the bank, today. (No she was not a teller nor did she work there) She was sitting down somewhere and she turned her head and fixed her eyes on me. I was tired from the whole day and I'm not even sure whether I smiled or not. I hope I did.

Come to think of it, I am getting a bit more glances than usual today. Probably because the clothes I'm wearing is showing just a bit more skin than usual (I've sweated out my other tops and I feel icky in those). I swear, y'all girlies are just as bad as us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships