Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 10:25 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,171,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
How can I have sexuality if I can't even look at magazines?

I don't have the words.

I've never known of any person with a magazine sex drive.

What is it called?

Periodicasexual? Is there a Oversubscribers Anonymous in your city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 10:25 AM

3,603 posts, read 5,957,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Maybe this would be helpful:

if you look long enough for the woman to be aware you are looking at her and your intent was just to glance appreciatively and move on, you've probably looked a little longer than you should and it turned into a stare. If you have time to actually think thoughts while you're looking, staring is probably going on, and there may be fallout to deal with, since the woman may be attached to some male in the vicinity. In this day and age, people can't really afford to think that looking is harmless. Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. It depends on the sensibilities of the people involved. And since it tends to involve people you don't know, you have no way of knowing what those sensibilities are...so all you have to depend on are general guidelines. Guidelines that err on the side of caution and restraint. Less is more.

I think as you deal with whatever issues you are facing that may be driving the excessive looking and staring, I believe you'll see improved outcomes.
I've been around a while and the most that's ever happened is a woman covered up her shoulder and looked uncomfortable so I stopped looking. So maybe I'm not doing too bad. I've checked out hundreds of women or more, and no one male or female has ever verbally or physically confronted me for it.

Maybe in my case I'm just overly worried about what people think.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I don't have the words.

I've never known of any person with a magazine sex drive.

What is it called?

Periodicasexual? Is there a Oversubscribers Anonymous in your city?
That's where the pictures of women are that I can blatantly stare at without them seeing me. I'm like Judd Fry. I can't get a real woman, but unlike him it doesn't make me violent.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:30 AM

That's not a sexuality, dude. That's an obsession and a compulsive behavior. Fix that. Not healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Dude, just get yourself a gf, already. Someone you can stare at all you want (nude, even!) Problem solved.
I'm too shy and/or not attractive enough. Plus I'm not very social, so I'm not sure I want a girlfriend. It's just hard to get rid of my sexuality.

3,391 posts, read 4,498,128 times
Quote:
It has to do with your angrily judgemental attitude.

Well, I don't think I've been unfairly judgmental.

Look, your POV seems to rest on 2 basic assumptions, both of which I find highly suspect:

1) That the line between attention and harassment is incredibly subtle and subjective.

2) That women are strongly inclined to overreact and accuse men of harassment when nothing of the sort occurred.

I've worked in law offices that dealt with sexual harassment accusations. I know from my professional experience that harassment is usually anything but subtle or subjective, and that most women are incredibly reluctant to accuse anyone of sexual harassment. They know full well most people--especially their male co-workers--will usually role their eyes and accuse them of overeating. I've seen it countless times.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That's not a sexuality, dude. That's an obsession and a compulsive behavior. Fix that. Not healthy.
It is sexuality. Just because I can't accomplish "acceptable" sexuality doesn't mean I have no sexuality.

15,013 posts, read 21,735,076 times
Quote:
I've been around a while and the most that's ever happened is a woman covered up her shoulder and looked uncomfortable so I stopped looking. So maybe I'm not doing too bad. I've checked out hundreds of women or more, and no one male or female has ever verbally or physically confronted me for it.

Maybe in my case I'm just overly worried about what people think.
See, you're fine.

36,867 posts, read 31,157,509 times
Quote:
Well that's the problem. Because of this sensitivity of some women, you can't know you've crossed a line until after you've already crossed it and she reacts and is already offended.

Well Davros such is life. Its not just women, people are different. There are obvious behaviors that cross the line. If your concern is normal human behavior offending someone its just the chance you will have to take.

As has been suggested find out what the policy is at your work, outside of that well just try to use a little logic.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
It is sexuality. Just because I can't accomplish "acceptable" sexuality doesn't mean I have no sexuality.

Staring at magazines isn't a sexuality. Sorry. More excuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships