Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 04:07 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,745,930 times

Advertisements

I got a lot of the same thing when a guy who liked me would tell me how they felt when they moved on or still had feelings for me.

To a lot of guys I come off as stuck up because (in their words) I am "beautiful and classy." They would always assume I had a boyfriend, when I am one of the most least experienced people in that department. I am pretty shy and self conscious so when people talk to me, it kind of makes me uncomfortable. I am trying to work on that, but it's a pretty slow process. Oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 04:07 PM

369 posts, read 393,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Frog"? Is Froggie around? I didn't see him.
He and I have a similar situation. I totally get "it" and him.

We're also tired of being lead down a path just to screw up our heads, make fun of and get laughed at when we finally crack.

Life is too short, sorry!

Old 06-03-2014, 04:13 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,611,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
To a lot of guys I come off as stuck up because (in their words) I am "beautiful and classy." They would always assume I had a boyfriend, when I am one of the most least experienced people in that department. I am pretty shy and self conscious so when people talk to me, it kind of makes me uncomfortable. I am trying to work on that, but it's a pretty slow process. Oh well.
That's a good point. It's fairly common that people who are shy can be perceived as stuck up, especially by people who are more extroverted. I encounter that sometimes, myself, though I've had some success working on it. I wonder if that could be part of what's going on with the OP, too.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:25 PM

93 posts, read 93,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
What thoughts are running through your mind when you hesitate to approach a woman to express interest?
Approaching women is easy... once i am certain they are single.

I can handle rejection but what i do not know how to deal with is when a woman says she has a boyfriend/husband. once i hear her say this, i wont want to continue getting to know her while i know things wont lead any further. it also seems kind of rude to just stop the interaction and never speak to her again. what do i do??? what do i say??? i need help with this please.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:30 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,611,647 times
Quote:
Maybe I'm just as at fault for preferring men to approach me first,
Yes, that is probably a hindrance, as well. You'd likely have more success if you at least met them halfway.

Quote:
but I can't take a guy seriously who doesn't have the confidence to speak to a lady and take the risk of being shot down with dignity.
There's nothing wrong with having that preference, but it means you're probably going to have fewer options than other women who are willing to approach as well as be approached. You have to accept that reality if you're not willing to change it.

If you can't take them seriously, it sounds like it's probably for the best that you didn't end up dating any of them anyway, right?

Old 06-03-2014, 04:32 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,113,938 times
The presumption i make is that shes gonna reject me so whats the point..

Old 06-03-2014, 04:34 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,075,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
At any rate, isn't it high time that men and women just agree to start meeting in the middle? How about we start talking about some cues to make a guy/girl approach us when we have interest? )
Gay guys have the hanky code. It would make like so much easier if straights had something similar, but undoubtedly, we'd judge the heck out of each other for it.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
The presumption i make is that shes gonna reject me so whats the point..
Reject you is the easy way and what she should do.

It's more funny and fun to lead you on, then smash your dreams to pieces. Also just to call or email you once a day just to keep you on the string so you don't look for anyone else. Your romantic relationship becomes small chit chat that is meaningless. I don't need it or the games.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:48 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,326,925 times
If you're a good-looking woman, men will not ask you out because they will assume you're taken or married already. I used that excuse when I didn't want ask a gorgeous woman out.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
If you're a good-looking woman, men will not ask you out because they will assume you're taken or married already. I used that excuse when I didn't want ask a gorgeous woman out.
That's because it's at least 85% true....maybe even 90%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships