Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2014, 05:43 PM

31,157 posts, read 22,186,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Ill go out with him again tomorrow

maybe he will propose *crosses fingers*

I'm sure you will do fine. I think a lot of the people here are thinking FWB or F-buddy, but with your history it doesn't have that feel at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 10:19 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,548,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I'm sure you will do fine. I think a lot of the people here are thinking FWB or F-buddy, but with your history it doesn't have that feel at all.
Thanks so much LS

I just dont know why a lot of people here assume the guy just want a FWB situation only cause i slept with him in the 3rd date (after 1 month and a half of talking everyday, btw), when the things he has been doing point out more of him wanting to have a serious relationship, than a casual one.

I just got off the phone with him. I did a monologue of at least 45 minutes about a stressfull meeting i had today at work, and he spent the next 40 minutes advicing me and making me laugh and telling me he will take me out tomorrow to play bowling so i can relax and have a good time and forget about stress at work.

Some people here will still view that situation as a guy who wants to take sexual advantage of a woman (???? lol).

Only cause i didnt wait to be married to have sex.

Ok then

Old 06-09-2014, 10:32 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,746,844 times
Quote:
Thanks so much LS

I just dont know why a lot of people here assume the guy just want a FWB situation only cause i slept with him in the 3rd date (after 1 month and a half of talking everyday, btw), when the things he has been doing point out more of him wanting to have a serious relationship, than a casual one.

I just got off the phone with him. I did a monologue of at least 45 minutes about a stressfull meeting i had today at work, and he spent the next 40 minutes advicing me and making me laugh and telling me he will take me out tomorrow to play bowling so i can relax and have a good time and forget about stress at work.

Some people here will still view that situation as a guy who wants to take sexual advantage of a woman (???? lol).

Ok then
I'll tell you why people assumed he wanted an FWB because you slept with him. Here's your own quote from the OP:

so my question is: do i have to ask him where we stand?

My interpretation? You may have had sex after the 3rd date, but you still don't know where you stand with him. Are you sure this guy is totally single and unattached?

Old 06-09-2014, 10:33 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,226,727 times
If you have to wonder, it's too much, too fast.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:45 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,628,505 times
He should be giving you a title within the next 6-8 weeks.

Guys that are truly into a certain woman will not want to take the chance of her getting away.

He will want to make you his girlfriend and he will want the world to know that you are his.

You have already had sex with the guy and are currently doing everything that committed people do....EVEN THOUGH....you are not yet his "girlfriend".

So you are the one that has the most to lose.

Do not wait 4 months for him to bring up relationship and do not invest your heart into someone that does not see a future with you.

I would be looking for the girlfriend/boyfriend conversation within the next month or two.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I'll tell you why people assumed he wanted an FWB because you slept with him. Here's your own quote from the OP:

so my question is: do i have to ask him where we stand?

My interpretation? You may have had sex after the 3rd date, but you still don't know where you stand with him. Are you sure this guy is totally single and unattached?
Well, i ve slept at his house 3 times, if it was for him, we would be seeing eachother everyday, but since im busier than him (for the kind of work that i do, and all my extra-work activities) we have been seeing eachoter 2/3 times a week only. I assume i wouldnt be sleeping over at his house (and he at mine) so much if he werent single, or he wouldnt be asking me out everyday if this was the case. So, yeah, he is pretty much 100% single or has a clone.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
He should be giving you a title within the next 6-8 weeks.

Guys that are truly into a certain woman will not want to take the chance of her getting away.

He will want to make you his girlfriend and he will want the world to know that you are his.

You have already had sex with the guy and are currently doing everything that committed people do....EVEN THOUGH....you are not yet his "girlfriend".

So you are the one that has the most to lose.

Do not wait 4 months for him to bring up relationship and do not invest your heart into someone that does not see a future with you.

I would be looking for the girlfriend/boyfriend conversation within the next month or two.

This is pretty much what im wondering, doing all this couples thingy, and wondering how much it will take for us to have this conversation. For the speed things are going, im guessing not much. I will ask him about this pretty soon and i guess i will know then.

The only thing i dont get is the bolded part: why do i have the most to lose?

Old 06-09-2014, 11:33 PM

I would like to list, to have a little fun maybe (and cause im so anxious i cant sleep, eventhough i have a long day tomorrow), things that, TO ME (feel free to disagree) mean a guy is interested in a girl. And by interested i dont mean sex, by interested i mean they want to get to know a girl and possible start a SERIOUS relationship.

- They invite her to the theather, movies, any cultural activity that will engage them in interesting talks later.
-They wont let her pay anything, even after 6 or 7 dates (and im one that has ALWAYS been in favour of going 50/50 and actually always went 50/50, until this last guy, who wont let me pay EVER)
-They cook for her (ask her favourite dish).
-They preparse "surprise" dates (come pick you up and have tell you they will take you some place you dont know just cause they think you would like the place, being a play or a special restaurant or a show of some kind).
-They remember the things you say you like and days later, surprise you with a present.
-They talk on the phone everynight and ask about your day and advice you about work, etc.
-They love to cuddle and adore sleepovers. They miss their theather class for staying in bed all saturday with you.
-They love to hug you and hold hands with you in public.
-They take you breakfast to bed when you slept over at their house, and they are the perfect gentleman every second you are with them in their house, you feel like princess Kate
-They will pick you up with the car wherever you are and take you home despite the hour, and the situation (like me not wanting to sleepover firs time i slept with him at his house, and he taking me home at 3 am, not letting me just take a taxi at that hour).

My guy does all this and probably more im missing

the only question is when he will ask me to marry him, at this point

(the marrying thing is of course a joke)

Old 06-10-2014, 01:31 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,628,505 times
Quote:
This is pretty much what im wondering, doing all this couples thingy, and wondering how much it will take for us to have this conversation. For the speed things are going, im guessing not much. I will ask him about this pretty soon and i guess i will know then.

The only thing i dont get is the bolded part: why do i have the most to lose?
Because you have given him your body and mind.

If he stops calling you tomorrow...I guarantee that you will be the one that will be most affected.

You obviously have invested quite a bit emotionally in this guy. Otherwise you wouldn't be

worried about where the relationship is going.

That is the reason why you have the most to lose.

I think you should slow things down a bit.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:01 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,260,072 times
Quote:
Thanks so much LS

Ok then

You're misinterpreting what a lot of us are saying. No one is saying that you should have waited for marriage. To each their own--if you feel sex on the 3rd date after speaking for 90 days is acceptable, then that's YOUR choice. Where you live has a lot of influence on how you look at sex. For many Americans and other places around the world, sex isn't viewed as something so casual--and there's nothing wrong with that. I've had my FWB's but it wasn't after 90 days of just talking. I've also met guys who come off like they want a relationship but they don't. They want their cake and want to it eat it too. They don't want the commitment of a monogomous relationship but "act" like a boyfriend. And no one is saying that this guy is looking ONLY for sex. You're asking where do you stand with him. How would we know? LOL you need to ask him what he's looking for. Listen, based on your prior posts, we know that you get anxious and everyone always advises you to slow down. You got into a relationship right after your 7 year relationship ended. Sofie, SLOW DOWN!!! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships