Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 10:03 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,758,651 times

Advertisements

Not a 50s thing. But if you treat sex like a handshake, you cannot expect that it's going to automatically turn into a relationship. Not to mention that men do look at that when determining whether they want a relationship or not. Don't shoot the messenger, but it's the way the world seems to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
this "hold out" thing, wasnt that for high school or the 1950s?

i didnt know adult people still "waited" to "give sex". If i go out with a man that does everything but try to have sex with me, i assume he is sexually tramautized, sucks in bed, or an adult virgin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 10:32 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,567,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Not a 50s thing. But if you treat sex like a handshake, you cannot expect that it's going to automatically turn into a relationship. Not to mention that men do look at that when determining whether they want a relationship or not. Don't shoot the messenger, but it's the way the world seems to work.
Maybe your world.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:41 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,273,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Maybe your world.
Well, you came here because you don't like the way things are happening in YOUR world, so what's the real problem??

Old 06-09-2014, 09:06 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,178,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The thing is that sex for a lot of people clouds judgments and makes things less clear, murky at times. The reasons to hold off a bit doesn't come from some religious or puritanical point of view, just from a pragmatic approach.

It's a trade off. Good sexual chemistry can mask a lot of incompatibility and delay the inevitable, but it is often a fun fling.

That said, not knowing if there is sexual chemistry can make the relationship seem promising and full of potential, when in fact there is none. Holding off can delay the inevitable too.

Last edited by timberline742; 06-09-2014 at 09:18 AM..

Old 06-09-2014, 09:07 AM

12,585 posts, read 17,021,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Personally, I'm my "real self" from day one.
Thank you!

I think she was joking but yeah, you have to be yourself!!

Old 06-09-2014, 09:26 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,291,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Your post is completely rude and I'd say that the "bore" guy dodged a bullet..... You sound more like a 14 yr old boy sitting in a basement trying to invoke crap out of people...

Most mature adult women have a little more respect for people than to say the bolded part.

Not to mention your post makes you sound cheap too.... just to let you know.....
Chow, I completely agree but the OP is from South America. I'm not saying ALL South Americans think this way, but I do know that sex is very candid and open down there. It's not a big deal to them. Have you ever seen what Mardi Gras is like down there or the beaches? It's a completely different outlook and lifestyle than North America.

Sophie, looks like that guy was actually wanting to date you and maybe he wasn't into casual sex or having sex within the first 5 minutes. As for your current guy, you should ask him where you stand.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Chow, I completely agree but the OP is from South America. I'm not saying ALL South Americans think this way, but I do know that sex is very candid and open down there. It's not a big deal to them. Have you ever seen what Mardi Gras is like down there or the beaches? It's a completely different outlook and lifestyle than North America.
Very true. It's not a big deal in much of the world. Seriously, we're pretty much prudes in the U.S.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:38 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,291,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Very true. It's not a big deal in much of the world. Seriously, we're pretty much prudes in the U.S.
I don't know if we're prudes but most people in the U.S. don't believe in giving it up so quickly lol...we just look at sex differently--and I think that's the average people. Fuggetabout the churchies

Old 06-09-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I don't know if we're prudes but most people in the U.S. don't believe in giving it up so quickly lol...we just look at sex differently--and I think that's the average people. Fuggetabout the churchies

Well, prude covers it for me. Just the phrasing "giving it up" is just so odd to me. What am I giving up? I'm not diminished in any way. It's just the sharing of a, hopefully mutually enjoyable, experience. Giving up seems like something is lost to the other party, as opposed to both gained.

It is different, that is for sure.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:47 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,769,538 times
He's probably just milking a free cow for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships