Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 08:47 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,273,888 times

Advertisements

Personally, I'm my "real self" from day one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 08:47 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,273,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiel View Post
Two weeks, six dates and sex mean that things are moving kinda fast. Slow down, take time to get over the last guy before starting a relationship with another one. To answer your question, it looks just fun and sex..
This ^^^.

You are getting antsy because you want it to go just like your other relationships. Maybe that's not the best thing, given how they turned out.

"Of course we've had sex."

Old 06-07-2014, 08:49 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,567,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedayisbrave View Post
Definitely don't assume anything, but if you've only been seeing each other for 2 weeks then he may feel like it's too soon to call it yet.

However, if he still hasn't asked you in some fashion to be his girlfriend or to take the commitment to the next level soon, I'd bring it up. Maybe if a month passes...

Of course, now that he's getting laid he may not even care about that 'relationship' part anymore, if he ever did. But sounds like, and I hope for you, that that's not the case.
You mean all men want sex but no relationships? Im serously curious, not ironic.

To me it actually seems like he wants a girlfriend, he is definetely acting more "boyfriendy" than my 2 last serious relationships. Calling me and advicing me about troubles at work included.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

"Of course we've had sex."
well if a man and a woman go out and chat and kiss, what else are they gonna do?

I actually have a problem with people (yeah, men included) waiting so much to have sex. If it were for me, i would have sex on the first date so then i can just relax.

One of the weird dudes i went out with before this one, i dumped him cause he kept asking me out, buying me dinner, movies, etc, but made no move to have sex whatsoever. Go bore someone else.

Thank god i ve been in serious relationships all my adult life, cause if i would have spent all my twenties "dating" i probably would have slept with A LOT of men, much more than what this sexist society would think is "appropiate".

Giving that i was always in relationship, thank god i slept with few ones. But i seriously dont get why the waiting. With this guy, i would have done it in the first date (he decided to take me to 3 formal dates before even daring to kiss me or suggest it)

Old 06-07-2014, 08:55 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,394,955 times
I would say "go with the flow" too. But I would be a bit cautious too, I find that men that are instantly acting like a boyfriend can turn off just as quickly. Hot one day, cold the next.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:58 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,287,389 times
Yeah no offense but why did you sleep with him without knowing where you stood or finding out what he wanted? If you are genuinely okay with having sex and giving all the benefits of being a gf to a guy that hasn't given you that title then I suppose it's moot. But if you want a relationship or something more concrete you might want to slow it down a bit. At this point why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free. He's sleeping with you, calling you about work problems, cuddling and sleeping with you but you aren't his gf... So what then will give him reason to want to to be your boyfriend? He already knows that he can get all these things from you, and in only two weeks of dating you. I would say tread carefully and slow down. Two weeks is not long at all to be dating..,

Old 06-07-2014, 08:59 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,222,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
well if a man and a woman go out and chat and kiss, what else are they gonna do?

I actually have a problem with people (yeah, men included) waiting so much to have sex. If it were for me, i would have sex on the first date so then i can just relax.

One of the weird dudes i went out with before this one, i dumped him cause he kept asking me out, buying me dinner, movies, etc, but made no move to have sex whatsoever. Go bore someone else.

Thank god i ve been in serious relationships all my adult life, cause if i would have spent all my twenties "dating" i probably would have slept with A LOT of men, much more than what this sexist society would think is "appropiate".

Giving that i was always in relationship, thank god i slept with few ones. But i seriously dont get why the waiting. With this guy, i would have done it in the first date (he decided to take me to 3 formal dates before even daring to kiss me or suggest it)
If you just want sex, why worry about the relationship stuff. Just alot of drama. I would say just enjoy sex, and go with the flow. If you're not his girlfriend, you still have the sex. lol

I also agree with Faith
Quote:
Yeah no offense but why did you sleep with him without knowing where you stood or finding out what he wanted? If you are genuinely okay with having sex and giving all the benefits of being a gf to a guy that hasn't given you that title then I suppose it's moot. But if you want a relationship or something more concrete you might want to slow it down a bit. At this point why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free. He's sleeping with you, calling you about work problems, cuddling and sleeping with you but you aren't his gf... So what then will give him reason to want to to be your boyfriend? He already knows that he can get all these things from you, and in only two weeks of dating you. I would say tread carefully and slow down. Two weeks is not long at all to be dating..,
So, if being his girlfriend was that important, maybe building a foundation would have been better than just giving everything away and hoping he'd like you enough--that's if the official label is important.

If you don't care, or just want sex, then no big deal. You get hot sex. All the label means is that you're exclusive--unless you agree to open relationships. Otherwise, you get the benefits without being committed, thus either is free to sleep with other people. Friends with Benefits.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
You are speaking as in guys dont want to be in relationships (?).

In the world i live in, men and women are equally interested in being in a relationship. Some women i know dont want to be in a relationship at all, some guys would die to be in one. I would think he would want to be my boyfriend cause i guess im kinda great and who wouldnt?

Old 06-07-2014, 09:04 PM

52,446 posts, read 53,001,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post

Your post is completely rude and I'd say that the "bore" guy dodged a bullet..... You sound more like a 14 yr old boy sitting in a basement trying to invoke crap out of people...

Most mature adult women have a little more respect for people than to say the bolded part.

Not to mention your post makes you sound cheap too.... just to let you know.....

Old 06-07-2014, 09:06 PM

oh, and i had sex cause i see it as a natural thing people that like eachother do, not as a thing that comes after marriage or comitment.

You could see it the other way, too, my experience is that usually guys that get sex are the ones that want to commit, guys who dont get it are the ones that dissapear. Or, to put it the other way, most guys i slept with fall in love with me after doing it, and wanted to be with me AFTER doing it, much more so than before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships