Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 12:46 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,176,878 times

Advertisements

First when I arrived, she was like " it is so nice to finally meet you". I was like "she must like what she sees". Then while we conversed at the table she was smiling and asking questions about what I like and then we hugged at the end. She told me to text her when I got home and I sent a text on friday, and called and left a message last night

No response to text
No return call yet.

She should be in the movies because that was some wonderful acting. Lol

Old 06-09-2014, 12:52 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,961,667 times
she is testing you my friend. she might just be interested in you, but she wants to see how pliable you are, or how desperate you are. relax and wait to see if she responds. if she doesnt respond with in 3-4 days, send her another text asking if she wants to go out again when she is free. if she responds to that, you are in, if she doesnt, move on.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:54 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,824,229 times
I'm sorry I hope you have better luck next time.

You know, it could be she really enjoyed the date and liked you as a person, but not in a more romantic way (so to speak). Not your fault or anything like that--from the sounds of it, you were a "good date." Or it could be that she got horrible food poisoning after the date and is still weak and recovering (hey, trying to find an upside for you... although I guess that wouldn't be an upside for her).

Again, sorry... but glad you had a good time while it lasted.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:57 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,176,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
she is testing you my friend. she might just be interested in you, but she wants to see how pliable you are, or how desperate you are. relax and wait to see if she responds. if she doesnt respond with in 3-4 days, send her another text asking if she wants to go out again when she is free. if she responds to that, you are in, if she doesnt, move on.
If she's playing games he needs to kick her to the curb. I hate women that play games, or tries to make a man "chase" her. He already did his part, He text and he called. If she hasn't responded yet, move on.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:57 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,824,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
You have a good point, it can't hurt to send another text message in 3-4 days (can only make things better at this point), but that all smacks of game playing on her part if that's the case. Not sure how the OP feels about game playing (I can't stand it personally), but it's something he should consider.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:58 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,135,026 times
It's possible to have a pleasant time with someone, but not be interested in seeing them again. Though I think she should have responded to your text or call and told you so, it was only one date.

I am not trying to make excuses (well maybe I am a little), but it's hard when someone puts you on the spot at the end of the date to flat out tell them you don't want to see them again. I'm sure a lot of people are guilty of brushing someone off later because it was awkward to do it in person.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:02 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,010,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
First when I arrived, she was like " it is so nice to finally meet you". I was like "she must like what she sees". Then while we conversed at the table she was smiling and asking questions about what I like and then we hugged at the end. She told me to text her when I got home and I sent a text on friday, and called and left a message last night

No response to text
No return call yet.

She might not have been faking or lying, she might have had a very nice time but just didn't want to date again.

I find it pretty lame for her to be like that, but it is what it is. Happens to everyone.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:23 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,463,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post

No response to text
No return call yet.

So where did you end up sitting in relation to her?

If you called last night and she's at work, she may not have had a chance to call yet. You've called and you've texted. If you don't hear anything back, then move on.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:29 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,415,379 times
Got to act good if she's to have free meals, lmao

Old 06-09-2014, 02:29 PM

37,177 posts, read 42,359,399 times
NOTHING is worse that the smell of desperation. You've done right so far but now it's up to her. Don't take it personally, you have no idea what else she has going on in her life.

IMO this was a positive experience, a nice night out with someone new. That's all it has to be, no need to beat it to death and turn it into something negative. Strive for more of this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships