Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 03:31 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,213,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post
Yeah, they always seem to give a contradictory sign if they are acting.

She's in NY?
No but she was going to be because I was planning our 2nd date to be dinner in manhattan on a nice saturday evening

Old 06-09-2014, 03:35 PM

774 posts, read 910,456 times
I meant the NY region but ah just leave this alone. You won't change anything by contacting her again.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:39 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,635,318 times
The point of this thread is...what? Would you rather your date say "I'm not interested" immediately and walk out in the middle of the date?

Old 06-09-2014, 03:42 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,306,419 times
I'll say the most cliche thing that everyone hates hearing, even myself, there's more women out there that are better suited for you.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
The point of this thread is...what? Would you rather your date say "I'm not interested" immediately and walk out in the middle of the date?
Yes that's hpow I did in 1999. I prefer someone to let me know right away. That way no ones time is wasted

Old 06-09-2014, 03:48 PM

774 posts, read 910,456 times
You ought to tell her that before you meet her and reach an agreement like "If either one of us doesn't like the other one then we excuse ourselves"

Old 06-09-2014, 03:50 PM

45,217 posts, read 101,004,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Yes that's hpow I did in 1999. I prefer someone to let me know right away. That way no ones time is wasted
No one's "time is wasted"

Geez FBJ - did you have some fun while you were together?

Did you laugh a little, smile a little, enjoy the company??

Encounters like these may not turn into having a girlfriend, but they are hardly a waste of time

I think I see part of your problem right now

Old 06-09-2014, 04:15 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,391,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
I would probably prefer that she said that she wasn't interested if she wasn't interested. If she walked out in the middle of the date, I'll live. However, I wouldn't walk out in the middle of the date. I do try to keep things honest, but pleasant. If I'm not interested, I would find a pleasant way to say it. Like;

Maybe put in a compliment at first.

However, there would have to be a ton of clashes for me to get to that. (I'm not talking arguments, but conflicting values. Or She'd have to do or say something that would make me think that she is going to tear me to pieces down the line)

As far as appearances, I've found attraction to be rather unpredictable. (If the person makes me feel wanted, than I am attracted. Looks have proven to not matter. However, I want to make sure I look good for my woman. I might even wind up with someone who is obese. )

I'd rather her say she's not interested if she is not, than leave me waiting and wondering...

As the saying goes, the truth shall set you free. I'd be free to pursue other interests in this case.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:18 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,391,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Encounters like these may not turn into having a girlfriend, but they are hardly a waste of time

Oh, he's in pain. That's the pain talking!

OP, it's best to move on from it. Don't think about the reasons, but at the same time, believe what you want about the situation. Find what you need to do to move on and keep bettering yourself.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

I'm on a dating site to meet a companion, not looking to just get out the house

An example of getting out of the house will be saturday, I posted an ad for a platonic friend and we are supposed to meet for coffee and she is going to be my dating counselor. I call that a productive outing because I am getting some info that can be useful

But just going out to meet someone and never heard from them again is a waste
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships