Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 05:43 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
But it's a process FBJ

People don't go from zero to 150mph like race cars.

You want a "companion", a girlfriend and that's fine - you have a relationship as your goal

But you need to understand you can't get to "relationship" status without first going through the meet and greet stuff, this is why what happened Friday was not a "waste of time".
I know it was only $12 but I just hate treating someone when it's no guarantee I will see them again. 2nd date or 3rd I don't care but I really wish I can go dutch when I meet someone the first time

Old 06-09-2014, 05:45 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I know it was only $12 but I just hate treating someone when it's no guarantee I will see them again. 2nd date or 3rd I don't care but I really wish I can go dutch when I meet someone the first time
Now you're just being cheap and sounding silly.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:49 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
Quote:
But it's a process FBJ

People don't go from zero to 150mph like race cars.

You want a "companion", a girlfriend and that's fine - you have a relationship as your goal

But you need to understand you can't get to "relationship" status without first going through the meet and greet stuff, this is why what happened Friday was not a "waste of time".
I can agree. But I see FBJ's point too. If nothing developed, then he didn't gain anything. She just cut him off. Didn't tell him why she wasn't interested, on off chance it's something he can work on. Maybe he came off wrong, was dressed a way that gave a bad vibe, etc. There was also no relationship, or even started as friends and building with it.

So, it just came off as charity on her part since she didn't leave, and he spent his time and started to like someone who didn't feel the same way, and didn't plan to talk to him again.

So, the night was just something in passing that didn't get him closer to a relationship. Though you can say if it was fun, then that was good. He wasn't alone for that night. But then after that hour or so, it's back to stage 0.

I am a bit like FBJ.

Example
I never had a boyfriend, been on a date, kissed or anything close to romantic with the opposite sex. Now, there was a guy that I liked. He seemed like he liked him, and was flirting. But he never asked me out, and ended up with another girlfriend later. So, I count that for nothing, as nothing came of it. So, he didn't like me like I thought apparently.

Another guy, whom I thought was cute, said I was beautiful, liked my skin color and asked questions, let me try some stuff for free. He worked there. It was a beauty supply store. It made me feel nice that day. But again, he didn't ask me out, so I don't count it as anything to brag about. If he was attracted, apparently it wasn't enough to want more than seeing me in the store.

When I was dressed up from taking pictures, I went to a food place with my mother, and the guy there seemed to find me attractive, and when we left and came back, he went to the back and came up with some other guys. My mother found it funny, and said he seemed to like me. But do asking out happened there. So, again, nothing to brag about.

So, like flirting. If a guy doesn't ask me out, then his flirting was a waste of time, and it can be misread.

So, I always feel self-conscience about my non-existent dating life, and my looks--though I guess I am average. Those 3 instances are all I have that's close to positive, and they still aren't brag-worthy.

So, some people are more about yielding a result. Now even if they don't get what they want, at least having something to work off is good. But some don't even have that--only a waste of time, with nothing to really show for it, or gained from it.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:53 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Quote:
Why don't you? You don't have to offer to buy anything and most girls don't want to feel obligated anyway, despite what you think about them "using" you for drinks or dinner. And spending time with someone that doesn't lead to a relationship isn't a waste of time. The more people you know the bigger your social network gets and THAT is how you find people. You don't just order up a woman online, wham bam...haha. Your expectations about this are all wrong and you will fail.

Knowing what little I know from this thread I doubt very much you will find someone who meets your requirements for guaranteed relationship status.

Good luck to you though.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:56 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
First when I arrived, she was like " it is so nice to finally meet you". I was like "she must like what she sees". Then while we conversed at the table she was smiling and asking questions about what I like and then we hugged at the end. She told me to text her when I got home and I sent a text on friday, and called and left a message last night

No response to text
No return call yet.

She should be in the movies because that was some wonderful acting. Lol
You tried and that is the best you can do.
You never know you may here from her yet, things to happen and she may have a legitimate reason for not contacting you at this point.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I can agree. But I see FBJ's point too. If nothing developed, then he didn't gain anything. She just cut him off. Didn't tell him why she wasn't interested, on off chance it's something he can work on, there was no relationship, or even started as friends and building with it.

So, the night was just something in passing that didn't get him closer to a relationship. Though you can say if it was fun, then that was good. He wasn't alone for that night. But then after that hour or so, it's back to stage 0.

I am a bit like FBJ.

Example
I never had a boyfriend, been on a date, kissed or anything close to romantic with the opposite sex. Now, there was a guy that I liked. He seemed like he liked him, and was flirting. But he never asked me out, and ended up with another girlfriend later. So, I count that for nothing, as nothing came of it. So, he didn't like me like I thought apparently.

Another guy, whom I thought was cute, said I was beautiful, liked my skin color and asked questions, let me try some stuff for free. He worked there. It was a beauty supply store. It made me feel nice that day. But again, he didn't ask me out, so I don't count it as anything to brag about. If he was attracted, apparently it wasn't enough to want more than seeing me in the store.

When I was dressed up from taking pictures, I went to a food place with my mother, and the guy there seemed to find me attractive, and when we left and came back, he went to the back and came up with some other guys. My mother found it funny, and said he seemed to like me. But do asking out happened there. So, again, nothing to brag about.

So, like flirting. If a guy doesn't ask me out, then his flirting was a waste of time, and it can be misread.

So, I always feel self-conscience about my non-existent dating life, and my looks--though I guess I am average. Those 3 instances are all I have that's close to positive, and they still aren't brag-worthy.

So, some people are more about yielding a result. Now even if they don't get what they want, at least having something to work off is good. But some don't even have that--only a waste of time, with nothing to really show for it, or gained from it.

Exactly, back to send an initial message online and starting all over again. I am so tired of being at 0. If I was already dating 2 girls atleast I could brush it off like it wasn't nothing lol

Me and the number 0 are tighter than macaroni and cheese LOL

Old 06-09-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Now you're just being cheap and sounding silly.

I always said that it's not a such thing as cheap when it comes to someone you are interested. But when someone who is not interested in you or vice versa then being cheap is called "wise spending" lol

Old 06-09-2014, 05:59 PM

818 posts, read 917,880 times
OP , hang in there , it happens. There is an outside chance she will finally respond, but I wouldn't but on it.
Look at it this way. She is shallow and inconsiderate , so you didn't have to waste any extra time or money trying to figure it out.
Was this someone you met online ?

Old 06-09-2014, 06:00 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,281,457 times
Quote:
I can handle the bluntness because I don't reveal everything about my physical appearance before I meet like

thinning hair
few extra pounds

They liked my picture so I just say I am 6'5 and it's stated in the ad I am a few extra. So I prefer blunt honesty so I can continue with the date or head back home
Are you really 6'5"??

Old 06-09-2014, 06:00 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,823 times
Eh.
Such is life my friend.

Text/Call once, if no response try again a couple days later.. still nothing? Move on.
Even if they contact me a week or two after I decided to move on I usually ignore them.

I'm deal with people all day at work, it's not that hard to respond to stuff. I just brush it off and go find someone who digs me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships