Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 09:13 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,252,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Now I understand why most guys will aim to have sex on the 1st date. He feels that he is putting out his money so he might as well try to achieve something before the night is over
No, most guys do not aim to have sex on the first date, nor do most guys assume that buying a woman dinner entitles them to try to put their hands on her body as though she is some kind of prostitute trading her genitalia for food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Oh please....if that's all a woman wanted they would keep going out with him. No woman is going to say "oh hey, I'm not physically attracted to you" or "you seem like you have some sort of mental disorder", or whatever it is they are seeing as a red flag. That's not how people are, and it can even be dangerous to be that brutally honest. THE FADE is pretty much a universally accepted way of saying "no thanks" for anyone who can read simple social cues. Plus she was a charming companion for however long the date lasted. It was successful, OP just doesn't want to see it that way because she didn't fall for him. IF she calls back and he plays games because she didn't answer right away then he (and you by proxy) are idiots.

He admits he lies about his appearance, obviously has an obsessive personality of some sort or he wouldn't be watching you tube videos and coming up with excuses involving homeless people... I admit that one has me stumped but I don't care enough to ask.
Sometimes I think people give themselves too much credit. No free meal is worth putting up with someone who lies, and I, for one, am not about to sit through over an hour of someone's company if I think a guy is a jerk or otherwise unappealing, just to get a free dinner. Heck, if he lied about his appearance, he has no talking room to accuse her of dishonesty.

OP, the woman might very well have initially been pleased to meet you, but something over the course of your date turned her off. It happens. Move on.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:15 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,209,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
So then have a fun summer. Why does dating or not dating decide whether or not you have fun?
My definition of a fun summer, to meet someone I'm attracted to and have fun and go out and do things

Old 06-10-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
No, most guys do not aim to have sex on the first date, nor do most guys assume that buying a woman dinner entitles them to try to put their hands on her body as though she is some kind of prostitute trading her genitalia for food.

Sometimes I think people give themselves too much credit. No free meal is worth putting up with someone who lies, and I, for one, am not about to sit through over an hour of someone's company if I think a guy is a jerk or otherwise unappealing, just to get a free dinner. Heck, if he lied about his appearance, he has no talking room to accuse her of dishonesty.

OP, the woman might very well have initially been pleased to meet you, but something over the course of your date turned her off. It happens. Move on.
And I didn't lie about my appearance just didn't feel the need to discuss the things I feel are not my best features. Plus u can on tell my hair is thinning when I bend my head down.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:24 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,507,405 times
Quote:
Unfortnately that is the risk us men have to take which is why I eliminated dinner a long time ago
Yes, because God forbid you shell out a few bucks only to find out you aren't getting any.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:29 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,171,503 times
Quote:

For real. This message board lives in such a bizarre subculture of dating; one that I've thankfully avoided.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:

From the stories I hear it sounds like guys aim for sex because they are coming out of their pockets

And please don't say I'm paying for her company because if that's true she could just come to my apartment. Lol

Old 06-10-2014, 09:37 AM

774 posts, read 910,233 times
OP

I know who you are talking about. She did the same thing to me. She played me then dumped me, just like she did to you. What she did to you was her MO. She's a long time veteran of the singles circuit like POF, OKC, BBPM etc. She never changes her pictures and never tells you any of her bad sides before you meet her.

She might be getting a big ego boost from guys like us, playing us so that we will like her but she is selfish, uncaring, insensitive despite some look or vibe that says she is sensitive, loving, caring.

Last edited by Simtropico; 06-10-2014 at 10:21 AM..

Old 06-10-2014, 09:49 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,758,651 times
I once met someone online who (it turned out) had posted a picture of himself about 18 or so. We agreed to meet at a restaurant. He was as large as a Pods moving crate, and old enough to have met FDR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
See any irony here?

Old 06-10-2014, 09:59 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,829,323 times
Quote:
From the stories I hear it sounds like guys aim for sex because they are coming out of their pockets

And please don't say I'm paying for her company because if that's true she could just come to my apartment. Lol
I just got this awesome idea that from now on, I will always pay for the first date... then invite the guy to come back to my place (but what he doesn't know is I am not bringing him back for sex... I am going to have him work off that date by doing home improvement projects around the house). I can just tell him, "hey, pay up... I came out of pocket on the date after all."

I am joking with you, but at the same time, I am kind of serious. I have, indeed, paid for first dates a few times myself. I never expected anything in return.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:00 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,303,738 times
First rule of online dating is to meet for coffee. If you like and feel that you want to see them again then make another date but I suggest you wait and call for another date. No answer then they just aren't that in to you.

Really I have met some really nice people and some real duds but meeting for coffee you don't have to stay long if either are not interested.

And to the people who think that women are using you for free meals, I have one question if that is the case then why are you meeting for dinner when you can meet for coffee or even someplace after lunch or dinner like for ice cream
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships