Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 04:22 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,453,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
First when I arrived, she was like " it is so nice to finally meet you". I was like "she must like what she sees". Then while we conversed at the table she was smiling and asking questions about what I like and then we hugged at the end. She told me to text her when I got home and I sent a text on friday, and called and left a message last night
I doubt it's a case of 'pretending to be interested' but more like being polite and civil. I got that 'line' a lot from guys and I said that a lot too. That I had a good time or they say that. But I never tell them to text or call me. A lot of guys tell me to text and call them. I just said ok but I really don't have plans to.

For me, if they REALLY had a good time, why ask me to text/call them? Because I never ever initiate anything when I was dating. When I was dating it's always contact me first, and what happens next, is up to me.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:23 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,753,852 times
I guess that's the equivalent of when a girl goes out with a guy and he says, "I had a great time!!" (Big kiss) "I'll call you!!" And then he never does. I guess it's one of the pitfalls of dating?

Quote:
First when I arrived, she was like " it is so nice to finally meet you". I was like "she must like what she sees". Then while we conversed at the table she was smiling and asking questions about what I like and then we hugged at the end. She told me to text her when I got home and I sent a text on friday, and called and left a message last night

No response to text
No return call yet.

She should be in the movies because that was some wonderful acting. Lol

Old 06-09-2014, 04:27 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,215,329 times
Well maybe she did have fun, and like you. But she didn't feel a romantic attraction, and knew already that you didn't wanna just be friends. Guys run from that word. So, she just faded out.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:31 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,290,311 times
I can't believe people are defending someone for blowing FBJ off. If it was a guy, the women would be so annoyed.

It's not being "kind" to ignore someone's texts because you aren't interested; it's being a coward. Woman up and tell the dude that you had a nice time but don't see things moving forward with him.

Seriously, can we all just stop the games now and just start being honest? No wonder women can't figure men out and vice versa. We're all so busy trying to play games that we never have any middle ground.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:38 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,072,386 times
Not enough information, after one date to make any grand conclusions. Most 'new' people are flakes and it's easier to ignore a txt from someone who was vaguely polite but not THRILLING to meet.

In statistics, the sample size 'N' must be greater than 30 before you can make generalization about the data pool. So work on your meet and greet skills, your conversation, your ability to show someone a good time. If you have OPTIONS you don't have too much time to sit around and mope about the one that got away.

If you get tired of the game, just get a cat/dog and call it a day.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:45 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,632,059 times
Quote:
Yes that's hpow I did in 1999. I prefer someone to let me know right away. That way no ones time is wasted
Fair enough. At least you are honest about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I would probably prefer that she said that she wasn't interested if she wasn't interested. If she walked out in the middle of the date, I'll live. However, I wouldn't walk out in the middle of the date. I do try to keep things honest, but pleasant. If I'm not interested, I would find a pleasant way to say it. Like;

Maybe put in a compliment at first.
Ok. I wasn't trying to make a judgment call in my post and say that declaring you aren't interested is a bad way to go about it. I was just trying to see if the OP could handle that bluntness. Had he responded and said "well, that is a bad move too," then I would have wondered what exactly he expected out of someone who wasn't interested. But he did answer that he preferred a woman to be upfront about it, as opposed to being led on, from his POV anyway.

I don't know what I would prefer out of the situation. Probably the same as you - honesty but not an "I'm out of here" type thing. Maybe if they really couldn't stand you, but if they felt a friend vibe, then they could admit that rather than lead the other person to think there was potential there.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:03 PM

51,271 posts, read 36,934,237 times
Quote:

No response to text
No return call yet.

She should be in the movies because that was some wonderful acting. Lol
What should she have done? I've gone on dates and not been attracted to the guy but still been friendly and social. You make the best of it, why have an awkward dinner? If they ask me out again, I'll tell them I don't feel chemistry, but I'm certainly not going to behave differently toward him over dinner than I would a friend or anyone else. Just saying "it's nice to meet you" doesn't mean anything, it's a standard pleasantry. Trying to read things into what your date is saying or doing is not good, IMO.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:33 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,172,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post

Ok. I wasn't trying to make a judgment call in my post and say that declaring you aren't interested is a bad way to go about it. I was just trying to see if the OP could handle that bluntness. Had he responded and said "well, that is a bad move too," then I would have wondered what exactly he expected out of someone who wasn't interested. But he did answer that he preferred a woman to be upfront about it, as opposed to being led on, from his POV anyway.

I don't know what I would prefer out of the situation. Probably the same as you - honesty but not an "I'm out of here" type thing. Maybe if they really couldn't stand you, but if they felt a friend vibe, then they could admit that rather than lead the other person to think there was potential there.

I can handle the bluntness because I don't reveal everything about my physical appearance before I meet like

thinning hair
few extra pounds

They liked my picture so I just say I am 6'5 and it's stated in the ad I am a few extra. So I prefer blunt honesty so I can continue with the date or head back home

Old 06-09-2014, 05:40 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,379,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post

It's all good. I answered because the question spoke to me. I think you and I both would prefer the same treatment.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:40 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,931,546 times
Quote:
I'm on a dating site to meet a companion, not looking to just get out the house

An example of getting out of the house will be saturday, I posted an ad for a platonic friend and we are supposed to meet for coffee and she is going to be my dating counselor. I call that a productive outing because I am getting some info that can be useful

But just going out to meet someone and never heard from them again is a waste
But it's a process FBJ

People don't go from zero to 150mph like race cars.

You want a "companion", a girlfriend and that's fine - you have a relationship as your goal

But you need to understand you can't get to "relationship" status without first going through the meet and greet stuff, this is why what happened Friday was not a "waste of time".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships