Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 06:31 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yeah I did it too.It does suck when it happens to you.

I'm thinking she was genuinely interested in you but decided it was a lot of work or (hate to say it) she found another.

You guys think you are the only one that plays the field?lol

I stopped that crap in my 20's.
That could be true, she did

1. Move the date which was originally set for saturday to friday

2. Ask could I meet at 8pm instead of 7pm

so you could be right

Old 06-09-2014, 06:33 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I seriously need to create another account labeled........."DATING" lol
Let's see how that works out.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Let's see how that works out.
I have one labeled Transportation. lol

Old 06-09-2014, 06:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
That could be true, she did

1. Move the date which was originally set for saturday to friday

2. Ask could I meet at 8pm instead of 7pm

so you could be right
Sad to say the net does make it easier to play the field.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:40 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,746,115 times
I'd give her a day or two. Not everyone replies to texts and voicemails instantly (although it drives me crazy when they don't!). And it may be she's always been advised to wait 24 hrs before responding after a date so she doesn't look desperate. (I disagree with this logic too, but a lot of men and women both believe it).

It's also possible she left her phone somewhere/dropped it in the bathtub, but that's a real edge case scenario.

Quote:
I always hear women say if a guy doesn't pay on the 1st date they are not interested
There's also a lot of us who feel more comfortable going dutch on a first date, so there's no perceived sense of obligation for us to put out.

Quote:
I mean the quiet fade off is something we all done at some point lol I just don't like when it happens to me.

And why did she ask to sit outside? She fooled the hell out of me, not going to lie
I'm going to take a wild guess that it was a nice day and she likes to sit outside. I know I prefer to, since I spent 60 hours a week in office buildings. Sometimes it's a lot quieter when you sit outside than when you sit inside, so it may have been due to noise, too.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:41 PM

22,597 posts, read 47,698,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You don't leave it up in the air of why things didn't continue.
Got it!

I thought that the comment was relating to the topic of "acting" on the date....

Old 06-09-2014, 07:10 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,580 times
Quote:
Exactly, back to send an initial message online and starting all over again. I am so tired of being at 0. If I was already dating 2 girls atleast I could brush it off like it wasn't nothing lol

Me and the number 0 are tighter than macaroni and cheese LOL
The reality is, to me at least, is that it takes a bit of manipulation to juggle multiple women/men. When I wasn't taking dating serious, I was definitely using a little bit of manipulation to juggle multiple women. Also, getting a friend from online dating is kind of a joke. There's likely not enough history to where if either one of you met someone, there's a good chance that you will cease to talk to each other. I'm not saying it's not possible, but a lot is up to what you're expecting. When you're looking for a serious commitment, you have to watch out for how many casual relationships you have. They can be a little distracting to say the least.

I'm the first to admit that dating isn't always all that fun. Meeting someone new is always a rush of new and exciting fun, but when they don't want your repeat business, it does become tiresome.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:10 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,246,324 times
Quote:
Unfortnately that is the risk us men have to take which is why I eliminated dinner a long time ago
Apparently you're not new to the game...

So why do you think that every single female has to fall in love with you?

Especially if you don't buy them dinner....?

Old 06-09-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post

it's just so deflating when you click so well on the phone but not in person

Old 06-09-2014, 08:16 PM

774 posts, read 907,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post

I didn't get that from any of his posts that he thought that every single female has to fall in love with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships