Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 05:45 PM

22,594 posts, read 47,689,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
The chance that your "true love", if there was only some one predetermined love for you, is even in America, let alone the same state as you or let alone crossing paths with you, is small.
Why limit it to one?
There can be any number of people for you to fall deeply in love with.....

Old 07-14-2014, 06:14 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,592,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
I'm just wondering how many people in their lifetime meet their True Love and spend the rest of their life with that person. I know that Real Love has a power of its own. Can't try to manufacture it, it's just there, real love is powerful.

I believe love has to find the person, someone can't find it, they can be open to love but it has/will come to them.

I've heard that many times your first love is your true love.

I know of some really beautiful relationships that are each others first love, I don't think this is that common. I also know couples that were each others first love and for diff. reasons married diff. people then divored - never stopped thinking of their first love - then reunited later in life.

(I'm using "True Love" instead of "soulmate" since it's so overused)

I married my one and only first love/ lover... When we first meant we just knew this is the person I'm going to spend my life with, we married six months latter , been together 32 years, we our both still crazy about each other...Yes we our soul mates~ .

Old 07-14-2014, 07:29 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,107,489 times
The question for me isn't if I have met my true love, because I love truly.

The question is whether I've been his true love. Doesn't seem that way in any of the cases.

I believe that two people can live and love their lifetimes together (if they are each willing to MAKE it work). I also believe that there is more than one person for everyone.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:36 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,969,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
I married my one and only first love/ lover... When we first meant we just knew this is the person I'm going to spend my life with, we married six months latter , been together 32 years, we our both still crazy about each other...Yes we our soul mates~ .

Awesome!

Old 07-14-2014, 07:42 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,901,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am fairly certain my true love was run over by a bus years ago....

I know the feeling. Mine choked on an uncut vienna wiener in a can of baked beans. Amazing the way God takes those from us…

Old 07-14-2014, 08:29 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Yes I did.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:52 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
I'm just wondering how many people in their lifetime meet their True Love and spend the rest of their life with that person. I know that Real Love has a power of its own. Can't try to manufacture it, it's just there, real love is powerful.

I believe love has to find the person, someone can't find it, they can be open to love but it has/will come to them.

I've heard that many times your first love is your true love.

I know of some really beautiful relationships that are each others first love, I don't think this is that common. I also know couples that were each others first love and for diff. reasons married diff. people then divored - never stopped thinking of their first love - then reunited later in life.

(I'm using "True Love" instead of "soulmate" since it's so overused)
I have met my true love, my soul mate (though I want to note for the record that a "soul mate" does not always have to be a romantic partner)

I've already spent a large portion of my life with him and certainly do plan to spend the rest of this life and all of eternity with him too.

It's my personal belief that you don't have to "do" anything to find your soul mate - you find each other when the time is right.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:54 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Yes, I've met him.

I cannot guarantee he will live through this evening though.....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-14-2014, 08:55 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yes, I've met him.

I cannot guarantee he will live through this evening though.....
We've had days like that, lol!

Old 07-14-2014, 08:56 PM

13,657 posts, read 9,720,920 times
I can not speak intelligently of truth, or of love, let alone of their fusion. Such wisdom is accessible only when sufficiently removed from the chase, in quiet and dispassionate introspection – which must never be conflated with premature surrender. And yet I do believe that I loved my ex-wife truly, and she me. But life interposed itself between us and truth, and we parted. Today I seek a repeat of those former times, like a wandering ghost pining for reunion with its dead body. And all the more ghostly goes the trek, for what discerning woman would abide comparison with my ex? The paradox of truth is that we must let go of it, to leave it in abstraction independent of ourselves. And only after new experience subsumes the old, can we prepare ourselves for truth anew, and with it an eventual love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships