Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2014, 05:26 PM

214 posts, read 207,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Well, here's the thing - and you know that I don't care who men hit on - the question was why do older guys hit on younger women - so then you get women who chime in about how they are not exactly young and they still get hit on and you get guys that chime in about how younger women are so much hotter and older women don't compare to younger women. Women get a bit defensive because - let's face it - our culture places a woman's looks above all her other attributes. It's changing somewhat - but I'll admit that I've always wanted to be beautiful and I've never appreciated how beautiful I actually am. And there is also soooo much more to me than just my looks - but I'm not going to lie, I want to be appreciated for my looks (in addition to other things as well). So - that's on the woman's side of things. And then you get some men who can't wait for their "revenge" to set in - when the beautiful women that wouldn't give them the time of day when they were younger become old, wrinkly, and unwanted - and then they can say, "In your face! I'm going after women younger and hotter than you and you are now old and ugly! Old Hag!"
It's not "revenge," it's just stating a fact and then women are uncomfortable about the truth and so act like it's a man "delighting" in their "downfall."

Here are indisputable facts:
- Younger women generally look way more attractive than older women.
- Men will generally be attracted more to younger women than older women.

Now, the common response for every single debate ever in this world these days is to then find one exception and then act like that disproves the general rule because someone decided that generalizations aren't true, even though they are most of the time. That's great, but extremely tiresome because all it has done is made you believe that reality isn't real, which then leads to people going "WHHHHHYYYYY??" when they know the answer.

"Why do older guys hit on younger women?" Well, if you don't believe in the generalizations that are true, then ...there's no answer!! Or, to be even sillier, we can say "old guys don't hit on younger women, I have an example of an older guy who hit on an even older woman, so the generalization is false!!" See how retarded we can make this? All because people don't want to accept the truth?

Now, what has happened is, mysteriously, we are being told that here on this random Internet forum lies a collection of women who are supremely attractive, who remain youthful against time, and who are sought after by multiple men who are younger than them. Coincidence? Apparently! But you'll find them on any Internet forum, which is marvelous, isn't it? I mean, the Internet has more fantastically beautiful women on it than any other location on Earth! Amazing!!

Last edited by sobaloba; 08-01-2014 at 05:34 PM..

Old 08-01-2014, 05:38 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,196,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I agree with almost everything you just said. But the underlined, the part being inferred...is the part that people are misinterpreting. Nobody's saying that older women are unattractive (or if they are and I missed it, they're just dumb). But the false conclusion being drawn by everyone getting defensive is exactly what you mentioned in the underlined....that either men only hit younger women, or that all older women are unattractive, neither of which are true.
So - you don't think that the poster below is implying those things? It seems like it to me. Maybe he isn't and that's just what I'm getting from it as a woman - but it sure seems like he's saying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobaloba View Post
It's not "revenge," it's just stating a fact and then women are uncomfortable about the truth and so act like it's a man "delighting" in their "downfall."

Now, the common response for every single debate ever in this world these days is to then find one exception and then act like that disproves the general rule because someone decided that generalizations aren't true, even though they are most of the time. That's great, but extremely tiresome because all it has done is made you believe that reality isn't real, which then leads to people going "WHHHHHYYYYY??" when they know the answer.

"Why do older guys hit on younger women?" Well, if you don't believe in the generalizations that are true, then ...there's no answer!! Or, to be even sillier, we can say "old guys don't hit on younger women, I have an example of an older guy who hit on an even older woman, so the generalization is false!!" See how retarded we can make this? All because people don't want to accept the truth?

Now, what has happened is, mysteriously, we are being told that here on this random Internet forum lies a collection of women who are supremely attractive, who remain youthful against time, and who are sought after by multiple men who are younger than them. Coincidence? Apparently! But you'll find them on any Internet forum, which is marvelous, isn't it? I mean, the Internet has more fantastically beautiful women on it than any other location on Earth! Amazing!!
Nobody is saying that men don't hit on younger women - we are saying that men do not ONLY hit on younger women. Men hit on women that they find attractive. Let me put it this way - I don't believe that it is only the youth that attracts men but the beauty. If it were just the youth - then unattractive young women would get hit on and older women would not get hit on at all. It is the beauty. There are more single, attractive women in their 20's than their 40's for a variety of reasons - but that doesn't mean that men are not attracted to women of all ages. Just because a man hits on a woman in her teens/20's - it is not a fact that he has not hit on women his own age as well.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:45 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,811,415 times
Quote:

And just as important

- Younger men generally look way more attractive than older men
- Women will generally be attracted to men close to their own age more so than much older men

It's that second sentence that matters in the OP. The Op is a young women being hit on my an older man who lied about his age and is a full 10 years older than what she specifically said she was interested in. It's the part that older men don't get, they aren't any more desirable to younger women.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Nobody is saying that men don't hit on younger women - we are saying that men do not ONLY hit on younger women. Men hit on women that they find attractive. Let me put it this way - I don't believe that it is only the youth that attracts men but the beauty. If it were just the youth - then unattractive young women would get hit on and older women would not get hit on at all. It is the beauty. There are more single, attractive women in their 20's than their 40's for a variety of reasons - but that doesn't mean that men are not attracted to women of all ages. Just because a man hits on a woman in her teens/20's - it is not a fact that he has not hit on women his own age as well.
You are absolutely right that a man will hit on anyone he finds attractive and men don't limit themselves to one age range. But that's still avoiding the obvious. If you have a group of hot, young women (20s) and a woman in her 40s who is also attractive for her age, he's still usually going to be more attracted to the 20-year-olds. Not because it makes ME happy, but because that's how it works. He won't say "wow, this old woman is a dog," but he just won't really notice her because he's too focused on the younger women. Now, may he hit on the older woman because he has no shot at the younger ones? Sure. But if you told him that he had a shot with the 20-year-olds, probably not. It's working a progression.

Now, is that gross? Sure, I guess, but the reality is that a lot of people label that as "gross" but would be fine if they were the ones benefiting from the attention. I see a lot of older women who dress in revealing tops where you can see their chest and guys are like "man, is that desperate." Again, doesn't mean the guy is hot and lusted after by young women or that guys don't act desperate, too. That's irrelevant to what I'm saying. I'm saying that women profess to be disgusted by male attention but I bet you that they still covet it to some extent, regardless. True?

Old 08-01-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
It's the part that older men don't get, they aren't any more desirable to younger women.
Absolutely, a lot of young women find it gross that an older guy (who is ugly) is attracted to her. However, the reason that's not "true" like the other statements is because there are enough instances where a guy who is less attractive than the woman works. We've ALL seen the guy who is a 5 with a woman who is an 8. Guys even get enraged about it like "what??!" And women will say "that's because he had a great personality." It's not a "truism" that no older guy can never get a younger woman because, as I said, for example, a 35-year-old woman will be open to a relationship with a 48-year-old man. Much more so than the reverse, trust me. That's just life. That's just a woman being realistic. That's not because it made me happy.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:52 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,811,415 times
Quote:
Pretty much that's what I've been saying. And like I said, I wonder how many people (aside from online where they see ages) really know how old the other people are around them. I bet most would be hard pressed to guess because age isn't like a countdown on your forehead.

But there are some men here implying all that matters in a woman is age. I really think they would pick a 25-year-old, meth user, drop out with no front teeth over a 30-year-old, college educated woman who takes care of herself and looks great.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
You are absolutely right that a man will hit on anyone he finds attractive and men don't limit themselves to one age range. But that's still avoiding the obvious. If you have a group of hot, young women (20s) and a woman in her 40s who is also attractive for her age, he's still usually going to be more attracted to the 20-year-olds. Not because it makes ME happy, but because that's how it works. He won't say "wow, this old woman is a dog," but he just won't really notice her because he's too focused on the younger women. Now, may he hit on the older woman because he has no shot at the younger ones? Sure. But if you told him that he had a shot with the 20-year-olds, probably not. It's working a progression.
But, you see, you are pitting older women against younger women as if they are in competition with each other. Men value looks - yes - but most men value MORE than just looks. Now, there are some guys that only go after young women and don't really care about anything except for how hot a woman is - but most guys are looking for someone that they are compatible with. Many men will take the whole package over just a pretty face - so if a woman close to his own age is really attractive and he finds he can relate to her and feel comfortable, he might rather be with her than a woman 20 years his junior how is simply hot. It's not like men only want the youngest hottest woman they can get - and if they can't get one of those - they'll settle for someone a bit older and uglier. Most people want something more substantial out of a relationship than just beauty. Now - if a man can find someone young and hot who he also really connects with, I'm not saying that he is going to pick an older woman over just because - I'm saying that it's not a competition. Most people are just looking for someone they are compatible with. If youth was the only thing that mattered - women wouldn't be able to get married or date after a certain age - and that's just not true.

Quote:
Now, is that gross? Sure, I guess, but the reality is that a lot of people label that as "gross" but would be fine if they were the ones benefiting from the attention. I see a lot of older women who dress in revealing tops where you can see their chest and guys are like "man, is that desperate." Again, doesn't mean the guy is hot and lusted after by young women or that guys don't act desperate, too. That's irrelevant to what I'm saying. I'm saying that women profess to be disgusted by male attention but I bet you that they still covet it to some extent, regardless. True?
I would say that women do covet male attention because it's ingrained in them that their worth is measured by their beauty to some extent. Do I miss getting hit on and gawked at all the time? A little bit. But I'm married, I moved out of the city into the burbs, and I had two babies. I'd think it was a bit strange if men were hitting on me while I was pregnant or wearing a baby - especially since my area is comprised of mostly families.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
But there are some men here implying all that matters in a woman is age. I really think they would pick a 25-year-old, meth user, drop out with no front teeth over a 30-year-old, college educated woman who takes care of herself and looks great.
You're right, but that's a silly comparison. What is it proving? That men AREN'T attracted to younger women because you found a meth user with no teeth and put her up against Andie McDowell? Come on.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
You're right, but that's a silly comparison. What is it proving? That men AREN'T attracted to younger women because you found a meth user with no teeth and put her up against Andie McDowell? Come on.
No - but it is proving that youth isn't the only determining factor in who men find attractive.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
But, you see, you are pitting older women against younger women as if they are in competition with each other.
But they are. If they're not, then why ask the question? Like, if you WEREN'T in competition for attention, then you wouldn't notice or care who was paying attention to who, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships