Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2014, 12:59 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,123,429 times

Advertisements

There are some bitter people and judgmental people on both sides, but it is pretty clear the most vocal complainers are young men that aren't getting any.

Old 08-01-2014, 01:10 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,919,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
There are some bitter people and judgmental people on both sides, but it is pretty clear the most vocal complainers are young men that aren't getting any.
Exactly.

Old 08-01-2014, 01:15 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,376,335 times
I am not defending anybody lying about their age as the OP mentioned had happened. People should not lie about their age, appearance, wealth or anything else when dating.

To answer the question of why older guys hit on or are attracted to younger women is simple evolution and biology!
It's been said many times here, men are attracted to young, attractive women for the biological need for healthy offspring.
Women are attracted to strong, confident men who can protect them while they are caring for and nurturing their offspring.

Now... this may NOT be the end goal! The men and women in the dating game may not even WANT kids but the evolutionary, biological programing is there and it isn't going away anytime soon. We can PRETEND that we've evolved beyond it and maybe someday we will but it is still a very strong drive.

This is why women don't care about looks as much and care more for strength, confidence and power in men. This often comes with age in men. Older men have greater social power, money and often confidence than younger men.

Men are attracted to youthfulness, beauty and a fit body, this obviously comes with younger women.

So there it is. It may not be politically correct, it may not be (and often isn't) a good basis for a strong relationship but it isn't going away anytime soon!

Old 08-01-2014, 01:22 PM

214 posts, read 207,402 times
Quote:
...and old hags.

Old 08-01-2014, 01:28 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,335,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookieLuLu View Post
Why can't they go for someone their own age? I was on an online dating site and specifically said I wanted ages 24-28. This one guy pretended to be 27. When we began chatting, he revealed he was really 37 and lied because he really wanted to meet me. I told him he needs to look for women his own age and he got mad and told me I was not mature enough to handle a 37 year old. He said I have the looks but not the brains. Again, I told him we don't have much in common and he needs to look for women his own age. I just think it's really creepy for these older guys to try and hit on young women. Yes he was good looking, but I am looking for someone I have things in common with. Not an older guy pretending to be a young hot guy!
Many women like older men.

Old 08-01-2014, 01:30 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,335,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
OP why do older women hit on younger men, I believe they call them wimmen cougars.
I love cougars

Old 08-01-2014, 01:53 PM

20,778 posts, read 20,076,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Many women like older men.
Depends on how old.

I was at the Beach Boys concert yesterday. An older guy, who looked like almost Beach Boys age kept telling me how pretty I am. I was nice to him because he was polite. Then he said "you made my day" and I said back "you made my evening" - because it was true and I didn't think anything of it. So he wanted to give me his number!! I said " I AM 37!!!!" He blinked and said "Well, I am 47!" - which was a complete lie. He looked like late 60's.

Then I went to a bar with friends and I got hit on by 25 year olds - maybe even younger.

Why am I invisible to guys my age??????

Old 08-01-2014, 01:56 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,872,817 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobaloba View Post
...and old hags.
Super hot, young stud sobaloba:

Give us old hags here a thrill. Post some pictures of yourself so we can feast our eyes on what an incredible physical specimen of a young guy you are.

Pretty please?! Have a heart.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:02 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,919,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Super hot, young stud sobaloba:

Give us old hags here a thrill. Post some pictures of yourself so we can feast our eyes on what an incredible physical specimen of a young guy you are.

Pretty please?! Have a heart.
Yes I love looking at photos of young men.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:08 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,872,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Yes I love looking at photos of young men.

It's just that sobaloba has been so vocal about us decrepit old broads that we HAVE TO assume that he's smokin' hot himself. After all, youth=beauty.

So, I wanna see me some sobaloba.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships