Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2014, 06:34 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,174,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I respectfully disagree with this.

I'm 40 and really don't look a whole lot different than I did in my 20s. Yes, my face may have aged a little; but I haven't changed all that much. I got a lot of attention in my 20s, but I actually get more attention now than I did then. The only difference is the attention I get is more positive and respectful. Unless we're talking about looks alone, personality and life experience, in my opinion, negate the idea of women getting more attention in their 20s than 40s. They just get a different (better in my opinion) kind of attention by different types of people.

As far as older men pursuing younger women, that's still the same. I just seem to attract men in their 50s and 60s now whereas in my 20s they were in their 30s and 40s.

Talk about being in denial.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:38 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,116,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post

Maybe I'm in denial too. My face is definitely older, but I look better. I'm much leaner and have far more muscle mass and definition, my chest and shoulders are bigger/broader. I didn't really take exercising seriously until my 30s. I find this to be true with lots of people I know. In our 20s we subsisted on beer and pizza and never went to the gym.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:40 AM

214 posts, read 207,379 times
Quote:
It's a new trend, where women are told they get more beautiful as they get older.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:44 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,822,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobaloba View Post
News flash: that's what we said about women and you guys said that wasn't true. It was all "no, I'm as hot as a teenaged girl!"
I think some men here are missing the point of why this thread was started. Although I can't blame them since the wording of the thread title is misleading. It's not so much about "why" men are attracted to younger women. Just about everyone associates youth with good looks. It's more about why do a few older men think so many younger women are interested in them to the point where they get annoying and pester women who are clearly not interested in them? It's like they deny their age--the same thing you are mocking women for with this quote above. Especially when that young woman (like the OP) made it clear that she's not interested in someone his age? Can they see that most younger women view them the same way these same men view older women?

Old 08-01-2014, 06:52 AM

214 posts, read 207,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
When I meet up with old college friends they say, "wow, you haven't changed at all!" Well, I know that's not true. What I think they are saying is I didn't change much/still look good.
That plus, their recollection of what you used to look like is probably pretty hazy. Like, if you whipped out a photo of you from 1972 or whatever, they'd be like "oh, yeah, you did change a lot."

Quote:
But the thing that sticks to me in this thread is some men saying that women over 35 don't get attention, that they are "hamburger meat," and uglier than anyone younger than them and women refuting that, sometimes by saying, they still get attention... just like they did when they were younger. There isn't some expiration date stamped on our butts.
What we're saying, and what's true, is that there's a point in most women's lives where the attention markedly drops off. Sure, maybe for you it'll be age 60, but there's an age. And for many women, it's late 30s or 40s. Now, women take that to mean "now you're worthless." Don't blame me that women put their entire self-worth into whether men are looking at them. I mean, women don't look at guys who are age 40 or whatever and guys don't care. That's why when women say "oh, yeah, well you guys are equally ugly!" we just go "yeah, so?"

Old 08-01-2014, 06:55 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,871,781 times
Quote:
News flash: that's what we said about women and you guys said that wasn't true. It was all "no, I'm as hot as a teenaged girl!"

Huh?

Old 08-01-2014, 06:55 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,174,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Maybe I'm in denial too. My face is definitely older, but I look better. I'm much leaner and have far more muscle mass and definition, my chest and shoulders are bigger/broader. I didn't really take exercising seriously until my 30s. I find this to be true with lots of people I know. In our 20s we subsisted on beer and pizza and never went to the gym.
Well then you don't look the same! Which was the point of the person I was quoting, that she looked the same in her 40's as she did in her 20's. Try to keep up.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:02 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,822,260 times
Quote:
That plus, their recollection of what you used to look like is probably pretty hazy. Like, if you whipped out a photo of you from 1972 or whatever, they'd be like "oh, yeah, you did change a lot."

What we're saying, and what's true, is that there's a point in most women's lives where the attention markedly drops off. Sure, maybe for you it'll be age 60, but there's an age. And for many women, it's late 30s or 40s. Now, women take that to mean "now you're worthless." Don't blame me that women put their entire self-worth into whether men are looking at them. I mean, women don't look at guys who are age 40 or whatever and guys don't care. That's why when women say "oh, yeah, well you guys are equally ugly!" we just go "yeah, so?"
Darnit... sorry. After I read my post I edited it because I decided I just wanted to get to my point, not be off subject, and not be so wordy (besides, I said all that stuff before). Sorry. The important part of my post is what I left.

If I whipped out a photo of 1972, It's be two pictures of an egg and a sperm... I think But yeah, I know what you mean. I think a lot of it is hazy memory. I can look at a younger picture of myself and an older picture and see the difference. But a lot of people (both men and women) really do look young for their age and don't change much in 10-15 years.

As for your second part. I think you can say the same for the men. I think the attention markedly drops off for men in their 60s--later than women I think. Of course, no one is denying that either... except the 60-year-old men who think they can "Score a 40-year-old."

I don't think late 30s or 40s really is when it drops off for women though because as the men age, most of them aim at an "older younger" (if you will) from what I've seen/experienced. The 40-year old man might be aiming for a 25-year-old... but when he's 50, he's looking at 35-year-olds, etc. Plus, when a woman hits 35, you get the young male cougar crowd (but I really don't take them seriously--less so than the older guys hitting on me).

Old 08-01-2014, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Well then you don't look the same! Which was the point of the person I was quoting, that she looked the same in her 40's as she did in her 20's. Try to keep up.

You didn't read the rest of her statement then. She qualified it.
Try to read the entire statement before reacting.

Peoples faces look a little older, but they're really not much different. People do effectively look the same. I am friends with several women I dated in my teens and twenties who are now in their 40s, and they really don't look much different at all. Several look significantly hotter. Unfortunately they're married.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
I don't think late 30s or 40s really is when it drops off for women though because as the men age, most of them aim at an "older younger" (if you will) from what I've seen/experienced. The 40-year old man might be aiming for a 25-year-old... but when he's 50, he's looking at 35-year-olds, etc. Plus, when you hit 35, you get the young male cougar crowd (but I really don't take them seriously).

There is a divergence. By mid 30s, there are people that have taken care of themselves and they could pass for 25 as often as not. Then there is the group that didn't exercise, often smoked, or drank a lot, and many of them look like they're 50 at 35.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships