Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2014, 11:36 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,697,057 times

Advertisements

I think somebody said it earlier but older guys hit on younger women because they can and they want too. I mean they are doing the whole approaching thing so its between them and women they talk too.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:39 AM

30,652 posts, read 19,363,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookieLuLu View Post
Why can't they go for someone their own age? I was on an online dating site and specifically said I wanted ages 24-28. This one guy pretended to be 27. When we began chatting, he revealed he was really 37 and lied because he really wanted to meet me. I told him he needs to look for women his own age and he got mad and told me I was not mature enough to handle a 37 year old. He said I have the looks but not the brains. Again, I told him we don't have much in common and he needs to look for women his own age. I just think it's really creepy for these older guys to try and hit on young women. Yes he was good looking, but I am looking for someone I have things in common with. Not an older guy pretending to be a young hot guy!
That guy is obviously a liar and prick...so he probably does well with young women.

As for the OP, if you are so naïve that you don't know why older men are attracted to younger women, then you should probably get an adult chaperone when you go out.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:45 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,253,363 times
For me it's all about fertility that attracts me to younger women, as for a lot of men. I want a huge family someday, older women although some are attractive can't give me that.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:57 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,638,310 times
A lot of men generally find younger women more attractive and more fun to be around than women their age, I know I do. Some men do not necessarily consider them ideal for long term relationships but rather for short term ones. It depends on his individual circumstances at the moment.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:57 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,964,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Maybe I'm in denial too. My face is definitely older, but I look better. I'm much leaner and have far more muscle mass and definition, my chest and shoulders are bigger/broader. I didn't really take exercising seriously until my 30s. I find this to be true with lots of people I know. In our 20s we subsisted on beer and pizza and never went to the gym.
I am shooting to make my 40th year look better than my 30th! I've got 4 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Anybody who believes that they look the same in the 40' as they did in their 20's is delusional and I'm not going to waste time arguing with them.
I was chatting with some friends about this just the other day, I friend I have known for 15 years now (since she was 20). She doesn't look different. Other than new highlights in her hair. But when we look back at photos of our 20 year old selves we see differences. But we don't necessarily look our age now (and didn't then).

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
When you have money, the right plastic surgeon can work wonders....
My mom basically looked the same from about 35 to 55. Now she looks older, she is in her 60s.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:10 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,964,238 times
Personally, I am always a bit weirded out when men who are too much older hit on me. I am generally perceived to be under 30, sometimes significantly so. So if a man is significantly over my age, I really wonder exactly how young he thinks I am! The younger he thinks I am, the more sketchy it feels.

It is entirely different, if it is someone you have gotten to know a bit so you know the attraction is based on a bit more than you being younger!

Old 08-01-2014, 12:14 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,230,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookieLuLu View Post
Why can't they go for someone their own age? I was on an online dating site and specifically said I wanted ages 24-28. This one guy pretended to be 27. When we began chatting, he revealed he was really 37 and lied because he really wanted to meet me. I told him he needs to look for women his own age and he got mad and told me I was not mature enough to handle a 37 year old. He said I have the looks but not the brains. Again, I told him we don't have much in common and he needs to look for women his own age. I just think it's really creepy for these older guys to try and hit on young women. Yes he was good looking, but I am looking for someone I have things in common with. Not an older guy pretending to be a young hot guy!
Everybody likes the beauty of youth. Women, too.

Also...

Old 08-01-2014, 12:28 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,913,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Um, news flash:

In general, most women find younger men more physically attractive.

So what?

Should women get on CD and relentlessly badger men over 40 (and certainly over 50) about how they are no longer as physically attractive as they once were, or hound them about younger men being more attractive? I mean, what exactly do men feel they accomplish when they go into online forums and do this?

It says SO MUCH about a man who considers physical appearance as the supreme value - sometimes, the ONLY value - a woman can possess. And there are a number of those kind of men on this thread.
Exactly. I always see men in this forum saying things about how unattractive older women are (and by older they often mean as young as 30). Yet the only time I see women saying how unattractive older men is when they say that the myth about older men looking hot isn't true. There are so many men here who obviously hate women and are judging simply on looks.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
For me it's all about fertility that attracts me to younger women, as for a lot of men. I want a huge family someday, older women although some are attractive can't give me that.
Just because she's young doesn't mean she can. She could be infertile, YOU could be infertile. Likewise no guarantee a 50 something woman couldn't have a baby unless she went through menopause.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:57 PM

Someone left this comment for me: "The only ones hating on this board are older women". Oh really? then why are so many saying things like older women aren't attractive and they don't date older women. Or saying women judge on other things.

Nope older women aren't hating. What are older women hating on? Older women usually think older men hitting on younger women is pathetic. Jealous? nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships