Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 05:25 PM

943 posts, read 1,004,936 times

Advertisements

Maybe its really the way you see yourself? Maybe you should be looking inside to find out what the deal is?
I would think its a reflection of how you veiw the relationship, maybe you feel like being in a relationship is kind of making you less attractive. Like you're turning into your parents?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 05:31 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,867,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Is this the nerdy-girl "love of your life" you wanted to give fashion advice to???

//www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...d-fashion.html
Dude, if it's this serious, and you're coming back to us with the same person, same problem, just take her shopping and see what happens. Or when she wears something you like, say, "you really look great in that. Maybe we should go shopping sometime, so you can get something else in that style. It's one of my favorites. I'd love to treat you." That's the only thing that has any hope of working, imo. You're attempting to traverse land-mined territory. Tread lightly and strategically.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:32 PM

943 posts, read 1,004,936 times
I love that advice NB, what a great way to let her know you like HER, and give her good ideas for what looks flattering on her! GREAT!

Old 07-29-2014, 05:38 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,683,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpsbob View Post
I've had the same trouble with someone I met. For me, it usually happens when we're out in public or around people at school/work where I look around before I see her.

When we're alone, there's nothing wrong with how she looks.

Maybe I'm just weird and this makes no sense at all.
Yep weird, the first part I did not understand. Care to explain?

Old 07-29-2014, 05:39 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,357,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoforastig View Post
I've been dating a girl for the past couple months. She actually reached out to me from an online dating service. We have good conversations, similar values, and I usually enjoy my time with her.

At our first three dates she seemed very physically attractive, but since then her appearance has been quite variable. She definitely has put the same amount of effort into her presentation. Unfortunately, it's gotten to the point where she even seems unattractive. I feel really conflicted about it. I like her as a person but feel a little deceived. Has this ever happened to anyone? Have you ever dated someone whose appearance could vary drastically by their grooming habits/clothing?

It's really a head scratcher and I feel like crap. If you have any advice, please let me know!
Lol...how do you feel deceived? Im a bit confused here...help me understand?

Old 07-29-2014, 05:41 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,903,213 times
I am not picturing how this works.

Since I don't wear a whole lot of makeup, I mostly look the same day to day. But I know I look better when I am not slacking off with my hair pulled back!

Old 07-29-2014, 05:49 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,282,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Wasn't this a Seinfeld episode?
Yep

She's a Two Face.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TFeUrC2gR30

OP, just find a diner with good lighting and only have dates there.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:50 PM

285 posts, read 534,861 times
You're going to have to expand on what, specifically, you find different about her from time to time? I used to do pageants, so as you can imagine I look one way all dolled up, then another when I'm just wearing sweats and a ponytail at home. At the end of the day though, I still have the same face and still look like myself... I don't really get what you mean. Did she stop wearing makeup or change her hair or something? Are you comparing her to other girls when you go out, and thinking she's less attractive compared to them? Does she dress up or down depending on the situation, and you just prefer her more "put together" look?

Old 07-29-2014, 05:52 PM

Yeah, I'm having trouble understanding how someone's appearance could change that much. Unless she goes from heavy makeup to none, or from form-fitting clothing to baggy stuff.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
Maybe its really the way you see yourself? Maybe you should be looking inside to find out what the deal is?
I would think its a reflection of how you veiw the relationship, maybe you feel like being in a relationship is kind of making you less attractive. Like you're turning into your parents?
Too deep for C-D, lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships