Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 12:57 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,117,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I tend to be submissive in that I expect the man to lead in the relationship. I am just happy being a follower and a supporter of the man I am seeing. But I also like to think I am intelligent... I have a degree and a high IQ after all It's not about being a doormat so much as being a man's "backup" in life (at least that's they way I see it). I like giving the back rub and letting him pour out his day to me while I listen and be his sounding board. While it can be said I do it for him, for some reason, being a man's support... the women in his corner... just makes me happy.
I agree...my husband is much more of a leader than I am and therefore it's just natural for him to take the lead in the household. However, he does respect my opinion and if I feel strongly about something I make it known, otherwise I usually just defer to him. I'm intelligent, have a higher than average IQ and am educated.

Now, I don't do the back rubs and all those lovey touchy-feely things. I would probably be more open to it if there were some kind of reciprocation, but there isn't and I'm tired enough at the end of the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 01:01 PM

769 posts, read 979,322 times
1. Stay in Shape

Sure I have ZERO problem doing that but you better make sure to do the same. Harping on me about gaining 10 lbs while you have gained 50 is such a double standard and screwed up.

2. Lay Off the Body Modification

Never done it and not into it. Works the same way for you. When I go to social events that requires a consertative look having face tats won't cut it.

3. Make Your Own Money

I make my own money and usually more compared to the men I date. Don't expect that I will be your sugar momma. You will never find out how much $$ I make per year. No one does except me, HR, IRS and accountant.

4. Be Feminine

I wear makeup when I go out. I am not into wearing it to shop at Walmart or sit around the house. I also ride horses and have dirt.

5. Be Submissive

lol...this lol..I am an Alpha female...there is no submissive. To make a good income you can not be submissive and let the man take care of you.

6. Sex Life

Mmm...none of the boyfriends have complained.

7. Be Intelligent

I am very intelligent but you better be able to carry on a conversation besides about NASCAR.

8. Be Childfree

I have no kids but many of the men I have dated have.

9. Be Willing to Cook at Least Three Times a Week

I will cook but you clean up. Just like if you cook, I will clean up.

10. Put Down the Phone

Works both ways

11. Ease Up on the Makeup

I don't wear a ton of makeup because it is a pain.

12. Stop Cussing

Sorry I cuss.

13. Stop Hoarding Guy Friends

Since i don't have a ton of guy friends non issue
[/quote]

My biggest thing is the keeping in shape. I work hard to stay fit and maintain my shape. There are times when I have to take a break due to work etc. I also get fit very quickly also...There are a few guys that have known me when I was my tinist. They saw me plus 15 lbs and were rude...yet they gained 50 lbs since I saw them. When they said something to me...I replied to them..pot calling kettle black. They said well I am a guy..I can be porky.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:13 PM

957 posts, read 1,063,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I agree...my husband is much more of a leader than I am and therefore it's just natural for him to take the lead in the household. However, he does respect my opinion and if I feel strongly about something I make it known, otherwise I usually just defer to him. I'm intelligent, have a higher than average IQ and am educated.

Now, I don't do the back rubs and all those lovey touchy-feely things. I would probably be more open to it if there were some kind of reciprocation, but there isn't and I'm tired enough at the end of the day.
I like women who are planners and very talkative. I do my best to be talkative anymore, but I hate it. I think it's just my nature. Women that talk to everyone and make plans takes a lot of pressure off me. With them around I can do those things and not feel like I'm forcing it. This is why I loathe dating so much.

I do all the talking and planning at my job, but I know everything about it.
If that makes sense!

I hate getting back rubs and massages from people, even the women I'm seeing. It just feels so forced and awkward. Even if I'm relaxed. I don't think it helps anything. I can't even go to chiropractors because I think they're a waste of time. The things they do don't seem to help me, and it's usually really awkward.

I get better results at the gym, I just google exercises that help and do them on my own if injure myself.

Lol

Old 07-31-2014, 01:15 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,116,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
I like women who are planners and very talkative. I do my best to be talkative anymore, but I hate it. I think it's just my nature. Women that talk to everyone and make plans takes a lot of pressure off me. With them around I can do those things and not feel like I'm forcing it. This is why I loathe dating so much.

I do all the talking and planning at my job, but I know everything about it.
If that makes sense!

I hate getting back rubs and massages from people, even the women I'm seeing. It just feels so forced and awkward. Even if I'm relaxed. I don't think it helps anything. I can't even go to chiropractors because I think they're a waste of time. The things they do don't seem to help me, and it's usually really awkward.

I get better results at the gym, I just google exercises that help and do them on my own if injure myself.

Lol

Ha, I get it. My current lady friend is a trained massage therapist (doesn't do it professionally anymore, but has the table, etc) and I don't want her to touch me like that. It is almost getting to the point where she is offended.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:30 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,172,454 times
Wear those shiny tops they make ur nips look great.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:43 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,540,021 times
I wish everyone would put the phone down.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:49 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,255,700 times
I don't like threads like this.

It is indeed sad that SOME GUYS want to make lists for attractiveness in women, which usually leads to women being brainwashed and stereotyping all men as control freaks. A gender war starts, and things go haywire .

Sorry, I aspire to be a tip top polished gentleman and am walking away of this cesspool.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:49 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,822,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I wish everyone would put the phone down.
Me too. People are addicted to those things. Sometimes a sadisitc part of me wishes some big solar flare will sweep the Earth and knock out cell phones for a few days. I always wonder what people will do, lol.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:52 PM

36,794 posts, read 31,091,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Ha, I get it. My current lady friend is a trained massage therapist (doesn't do it professionally anymore, but has the table, etc) and I don't want her to touch me like that. It is almost getting to the point where she is offended.
oh man I'm envious. I could let someone massage me all day.
All the guys I have dated that would rub my back would always end up moving southward and try to poke their pecker in me at some point.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:58 PM

29,784 posts, read 34,559,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
All the guys I have dated that would rub my back would always end up moving southward
Ha! "Let me give you a back rub" never simply means "let me give you a back rub."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships