Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 02:56 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,215,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
To Men.

Bahahaha. I couldn't help but laugh while reading through this drivel.

13 Things A Woman Can Do To Be More Attractive To Men | Thought Catalog
I'll bet the byline is "John Smith" because the author wrote it for compensation and is too smart to put his real name on such garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 03:58 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,428,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFiveTwo View Post
Strange. My wife easily matched nearly all of the items on that list when I met her and here we are, eighteen years later. And I firmly believe she is still the perfect woman.

But what do I know?

How's the weather in Stepford?

Old 07-30-2014, 04:03 PM

957 posts, read 1,061,415 times
For me anyway..

1. Stay in Shape
- I agree. I spend 4-6 days a week in the gym and stay very active mountain biking and snowboarding. I need someone who can stay pace.

2. Lay Off the Body Modification
- Honestly, I'm not big on tattoos. It's not a deal breaker and I never tell people they're dumb.. But personally I think they're corny and stupid.

3. Make Your Own Money
- just be responsible with your budget, whatever it may be.

4. Be Feminine
- not that important, as long as they aren't trying to hard to be a man I'm good.

5. Be Submissive
- huh? Honestly, I like women that are very outgoing and kinda pushy.

6. Sex Life
- I didn't read the article because I'm lazy. But I dig sex.

7. Be Intelligent
Sure, as long as they're not all pretentious about it.

8. Be Childfree
Preferably. If so, they gotta be really awesome, and the kid can't be a brat!

9. Be Willing to Cook at Least Three Times a Week
- I cook my own food, I kinda like to..

10. Put Down the Phone
- I don't care about this at all.

11. Ease Up on the Makeup
- I don't care either way.

12. Stop Cussing
- In context it's fine. non-issue.

13. Stop Hoarding Guy Friends
- I hate to admit it, but this does bother me for some reason.

Old 07-30-2014, 04:19 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,783,055 times
This little sum- author just set women back 100 years.

Old 07-30-2014, 04:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,885,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Okay, I don't want to hog ALL the attention - but I also cook almost every night. And I'm a pretty gosh darn (see - I'm not cussing) good cook! Just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Everyone has a blog and everyone has an opinion these days. Well, people always had opinions - we just weren't as exposed to them. And everyone thinks that their opinion is the right one and speaks for the masses. I find it interesting to read these opinions - and you can take things here and there that are really helpful - but I don't take them too seriously. There are some that resonate with me - and then there are others that I completely disagree with. When I was pregnant with my second child, there was this list of "things to do for your friends after they have a baby" or something like that going around. A lot of my friends started sharing it with everyone like it was the gospel. I disagreed with a lot of the things on the list and didn't share it with anyone.

And now, it's time for round two of massage/blow job before I get my barefoot self into the kitchen to cook some dinner.

(The really funny thing is that my husband isn't even home right now. THAT'S how talented I am!!! Hahahaha!!!)
keep throwing out tidbits like these, and i may not wait until you divorce your husband.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:03 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,800,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
This little sum- author just set women back 100 years.
That escalated quickly.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:07 PM

4,567 posts, read 5,434,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
To Men.

Bahahaha. I couldn't help but laugh while reading through this drivel.

13 Things A Woman Can Do To Be More Attractive To Men | Thought Catalog
I agree with everything on the list except for #9. Everything else is pretty dead on accurate.

I think most women would benefit doing these 13 things.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:12 PM

6,739 posts, read 4,429,415 times
Dont smoke. Nothing more unattractive than to see a nice looking woman with here cheeks all sucked in as she is smoking. Ladies, look in the mirror and light up. Yep, thats what we see. Not to attractive is it. Not to mention you will always smell bad.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:32 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,579,711 times
The list looks to be a recipe for success for all women not just the frustrated singles. I would probably toss out the submissive and replace with " just keep the drama to a dull roar".

Old 07-30-2014, 05:37 PM

8 posts, read 7,094 times
Really? That's bull! Unbelievable! I couldn't believe my eyes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships