Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2014, 02:20 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,813,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
But people should not have to change who they are to attract the opposite sex.
If I would have to do some of those things on the list for a man to have any interest in me, he is not a man I would care to be with.

Apparently I'm not alone in this.
Im not sure I agree, but it all depends on one's priorities. If you're not getting any attention, your options are basically:

1) continue waiting
2) do something to change it

There's nothing wrong with 1), as long as they understand what the potential effect is...that they may end up waiting forever. If they're ok with that, then no problem.

However, if finding someone is a stronger priority, then the reality is that people will have to bend a bit. In my personal experience, this applies more to men than women because of a whole other argument/can of worms, but it stands to benefit both genders.

So no, nobody HAS to change anything. If you're happy with the way life is, then by all means, continue. If you're not, you can wait, or change.

I'm going to suspect that most of the people with responses similar to yours are getting enough attention that they don't need to change anything. In which case, no, of course you shouldn't. But not everybody is in that boat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 02:21 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,181,468 times
Quote:
Hey baby you asked me a question, I answered. You are of no concern to me.
Good, then I take it that I don't have to worry about you ever commenting on any of my post again?

Old 07-30-2014, 02:28 PM

29,798 posts, read 34,614,206 times
Quote:
But people should not have to change who they are to attract the opposite sex.
If I would have to do some of those things on the list for a man to have any interest in me, he is not a man I would care to be with.

Apparently I'm not alone in this.
This list in particular seems to appeal to the particular kind of 20-something dude who expects a relationship to be all about what he wants and what works for him, and not about sharing and compromise with another autonomous human being.

The last line is "You can’t argue someone into finding you attractive." that list? Not attractive.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:28 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,732,359 times
Quote:
She's definitely good, but............when they go out does she pay? Or at least go Dutch.
You're right. Let's not stop here, add that to the list too!

Old 07-30-2014, 02:32 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,611,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I just do what I want and I've never had problems dating or getting married.

Even as a single mother.

I dunno what mean are actually expecting, but I know they (like women) have wishlists and reality lists.

Agree! My mother in law was a young widow with three small children, she had no problem finding a man (my father in law) who wanted to step up and be a husband and father to three non biological children!

Old 07-30-2014, 02:33 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,611,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Yep.

Different men like different things. Some might like a woman just like this list and others might want to opposite. You never know. Just be yourself, forgo the any "act," and attract the man who likes you for who you are

Old 07-30-2014, 02:40 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,877,701 times
1. Stay in Shape
2. Lay Off the Body Modification
3. Make Your Own Money
4. Be Feminine
5. Be Submissive
6. Sex Life
7. Be Intelligent
8. Be Childfree
9. Be Willing to Cook at Least Three Times a Week
10. Put Down the Phone
11. Ease Up on the Makeup
12. Stop Cussing
13. Stop Hoarding Guy Friends

ok so im screwed on 1,3, and 8.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:42 PM

17,655 posts, read 22,745,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I love pierogis! Although I confess, I buy the pre-made ones--I don't make my own pasta or pasta-like products (I tried once... never again! lol). But I can make them into a nice recipe called Polish stew (it has chicken, root veggies, and pierogis all in a kind of chicken gravy) it's my mother's recipe.
Is your maiden name Tybroski?....

My granma & my mom made some delicious chicken & dumplings, or pork chops & dumplings.....yum....

Old 07-30-2014, 02:42 PM

76 posts, read 138,284 times
Strange. My wife easily matched nearly all of the items on that list when I met her and here we are, eighteen years later. And I firmly believe she is still the perfect woman.

But what do I know?

Old 07-30-2014, 02:55 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,924,913 times
"Top 5 Attributes in a Woman"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiQkVhHYR2A
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships