Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 09:22 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,990,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Men online only want hot bimbos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Maybe it would help to know what you looked like before I could comment on what the problem might be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLMG View Post
Yeah I was going to second that. I have not heard of women who are have nice slender bodies and a pretty faces having these problems.....so.........yeah....no offense. I think seeing what you looked like would help significantly from a male standpoint.
I rest my case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 09:24 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,459,683 times
Quote:
Yeah I was going to second that. I have not heard of women who are have nice slender bodies and a pretty faces having these problems.....so.........yeah....no offense. I think seeing what you looked like would help significantly from a male standpoint.
So I only deserve a response if I look a certain way?

Again, my point was that men will get on here and complain about how women don't contact first and here I am doing exactly that. I don't care if they say "No thanks, not interested," that's fine. Just show a little courtesy.

And no, I'm not going to post my picture so you guys can pick it apart. I'm of average looks and I know it, and I'm not contacting the hottest guys in my area. I'm contacting men who indicate in their profile that they are intelligent, looking for an actual relationship, have shared interests, and are also of average looks.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:31 PM

346 posts, read 352,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post

Life isn't fair. As a woman, your market value is going to be tied to your physical appearance to begin with. Even more so with online dating since there's nothing else to go by.

Quote:
Again, my point was that men will get on here and complain about how women don't contact first and here I am doing exactly that. I don't care if they say "No thanks, not interested," that's fine. Just show a little courtesy.

And women complain they only get approached by creeps and that the decent guys don't approach. But life isn't fair. No one owes you a response because you feel they should.

Quote:
And no, I'm not going to post my picture so you guys can pick it apart. I'm of average looks and I know it, and I'm not contacting the hottest guys in my area. I'm contacting men who indicate in their profile that they are intelligent, looking for an actual relationship, have shared interests, and are also of
average looks.

And that confirms what we originally thought. You're average looking. And there's nothing wrong with that. Most people are average. But if you're average looking, you also have to recognize what league you're in and I reckon you don't, even if you say otherwise. Because you're only average looking, you're going to have to be more proactive. Not every guy is going to respond. In fact, most probably won't. But if you sit back and do nothing, you will not get anywhere.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig In View Post
Have to agree with the last two posts. OP is probably average looking at best. Decent looking girls would be getting responses to her messages. Maybe not every single one, but I'd wager at least half. If you're only average looking or below, you're going to have send out more messages to get that response. 5-10 messages isn't enough. Guys often send out way more just to get one response. You're just going to have to suck it up and keep trying.
Geesh.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Geesh.
Don't listen to him he's on the net too.Think of the source.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
I rest my case.
Agreed.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:55 PM

600 posts, read 827,757 times
Quote:
I rest my case.
Just because a woman is attractive that automatically makes her a bimbo ? Wow. You are worse than most men lol.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Just because a woman is attractive that automatically makes her a bimbo ? Wow. You are worse than most men lol.
No that's not what I said.Nice try slim.

Last edited by Raena77; 07-30-2014 at 10:27 PM..

Old 07-30-2014, 10:00 PM

600 posts, read 827,757 times
Well, we all have our preferences and there's nothing wrong with that.

I've met a lot of men who get rejected by women b/c they are "too short" or "unemployed". Seriously, like a guy deliberately wants to be "too short" or would rather "be unemployed" rather than earn an income.

It goes both ways. Some women will turn down a man due to his height which he cannot control or b/c he does not have a job.

Some men will turn down a woman b/c she is overweight, or only mildly attractive. That's life.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:02 PM

283 posts, read 350,899 times
Quote:

And no, I'm not going to post my picture so you guys can pick it apart. I'm of average looks and I know it, and I'm not contacting the hottest guys in my area. I'm contacting men who indicate in their profile that they are intelligent, looking for an actual relationship, have shared interests, and are also of average looks.
i guarantee your response rate will end up being higher than any guys.

and you might think it's better to get get thanks but no thanks emails but if you get those you'll feel more rejected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships