Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2014, 07:27 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,816,484 times

Advertisements

Men whom I have gotten messages, not flirts, usually write a decent message about their interest and things we have in common. They usually want to talk after the second message. I like talking because I can get a feel of their conversation skills, whether they talk, talk, talk, without asking much about me. I have gotten short responses to some messages that I have initiated. I let it go. I don't have time nor interest to try to converse with someone of few words. If he doesn't like writing, no problem, but at least invite a phone conversation. A man goes after what he wants, so short answers mean not interested.

The one thing that I hate are the men who view my profile 10 plus times without any communication.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 06:06 PM

213 posts, read 253,467 times
Online dating is a pure numbers game for guys.

Also, the only point of online dating is to get an offline date. No exceptions.

For guys, a ratio of 1:100 response is pretty normal.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:07 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,134,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart View Post
Online dating is a pure numbers game for guys.

Also, the only point of online dating is to get an offline date. No exceptions.

For guys, a ratio of 1:100 response is pretty normal.
It's not a numbers game, and I've never met a single person that even comes close to 1/100 responses. They're butchering their attempts if they do.

They're probably treating it, idiotically, as a numbers game.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:11 PM

814 posts, read 763,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Men online only want hot bimbos.
Women online want Brad Pitt.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:13 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,337,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
You forgot to add Channing Tatum's as well.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:27 PM

42,762 posts, read 53,002,021 times
Quote:
No they don't, and to the rep I got I apologize for my post.I was cranky

Old 08-06-2014, 07:32 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,049,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
You forgot to add Channing Tatum's as well.
Insert literally any name of a famous male model or FOTM actor here, really.

I honestly don't know any names aside from LLCoolJ and Brad Pitt who have basically topped the hot meter for many-a-woman for decades or better. LLCoolJ probably isn't the "sexiest man alive" anymore though, which shows how much I pay attention to that crap anyway.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Insert literally any name of a famous male model or FOTM actor here, really.

I honestly don't know any names aside from LLCoolJ and Brad Pitt who have basically topped the hot meter for many-a-woman for decades or better. LLCoolJ probably isn't the "sexiest man alive" anymore though, which shows how much I pay attention to that crap anyway.
Lol!

Old 08-06-2014, 08:02 PM

814 posts, read 763,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
No they don't, and to the rep I got I apologize for my post.I was cranky
Guys are lucky if they get any responses from the average girls they message, while average women get their inboxes flooded. You know that right?

Also there're experiments done using pics of male models. I can't post here because they're links to other forums and would violate the rules, but I'll be glad to email em to you if you want. Basically an average guy gets no responses, so he make a fake profile using a pics of male models and the girls come running. lol

Old 08-06-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Guys are lucky if they get any responses from the average girls they message, while average women get their inboxes flooded. You know that right?

Also there're experiments done using pics of male models. I can't post here because they're links to other forums and would violate the rules, but I'll be glad to email em to you if you want. Basically an average guy gets no responses, so he make a fake profile using a pics of male models and the girls come running. lol
No I like average Joe's. I actually question it when a gorgeous guy suddenly takes interest of me.

To post a pic that isn't yours is plain dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships