Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 10:01 PM

10,069 posts, read 7,245,793 times

Advertisements

Chemistry is required in all kinds of relationships.

You have chemistry with your good friends - the ones you can talk to for a long time.

It's hard to explain but it definitely exists in romantic relationships. You either have it or you don't and it's evident in a few minutes at most. Something that the person hides or misrepresents that comes to light can change it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 10:04 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,221,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steen324 View Post
You know what's interesting? I can't be intimate within someone that I don't feel this supposed "spark" with. So I guess other people can? We were pretty intimate every time we were together, >5 times.
I've felt this "spark" exactly 0 times in my life. And I've been intimate considerably more than that.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:57 AM

50,828 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
I agree. This guy I was seeing has no issue getting girls but doesn't offer commitment to just anyone. My question is, does oral sex count as much as real sex? We only ever did oral but I didn't want to actually sleep with him because I'm a virgin and always thought I'd wait until I was in a relationship. I don't know, do you think I was too easy?
I think guys who get women easily tend to get more attached to the women who make them work a bit for it...yes, oral counts if you made him finish. The women who worship him from the get-go are a dime a dozen and interchangeable for guys like this.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:53 AM

418 posts, read 728,437 times
I think there's the kind of chemistry that some are talking about here, just a fundamental compatibility between two people.

Then there's a different kind I've only experienced once- I always describe as pheromones, although I don't know if it's true. I dated a guy that I wasn't objectively attracted to- he was short, balding, and sort of grumpy. If I look at a picture of him, I'm like, meh. But in person, yowza, something happened, it really did seem chemical, I was so drawn to him. Sadly, it was only on my side.

I also experienced the opposite of this. I dated a guy and I couldn't stand the smell of him. I don't think there was any thing wrong with it, it just turned me off.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:46 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,961,568 times
Quote:
Can chemistry be felt by only one person? I started seeing a guy a few months ago and halfway through our first date I knew that I liked him. I was instantly drawn in. When he leaned in to kiss me I felt like an electric rush. I've never experienced what that's like before, to actually desire somebody. We dated a few weeks but he eventually broke it off and I'm just confused because I really thought we had that "spark". We got intimate every time we hung out so I know there was something sexual between us. Am I confusing attraction with chemistry? He told me he didn't feel as strongly about me as I did about him.
Change your brand of dryer sheets.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:30 PM

25 posts, read 45,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I think guys who get women easily tend to get more attached to the women who make them work a bit for it...yes, oral counts if you made him finish. The women who worship him from the get-go are a dime a dozen and interchangeable for guys like this.
I know, but I'm my own unique person. I'm not interchangeable. I'm a wonderful, interesting person. Why should I have to be coy about how I feel to get him to like me? It just all seems artificial and silly.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:31 PM

25 posts, read 45,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Change your brand of dryer sheets.
Huh? O.o

Old 08-29-2014, 02:03 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,732,035 times
Quote:
Can chemistry be felt by only one person? I started seeing a guy a few months ago and halfway through our first date I knew that I liked him. I was instantly drawn in. When he leaned in to kiss me I felt like an electric rush. I've never experienced what that's like before, to actually desire somebody. We dated a few weeks but he eventually broke it off and I'm just confused because I really thought we had that "spark". We got intimate every time we hung out so I know there was something sexual between us. Am I confusing attraction with chemistry? He told me he didn't feel as strongly about me as I did about him.
No you're not confusing attraction with chemistry,

You're confusing the bolded statement with the following:

"You were into me; that turned me on enough to want to become intimate with you, but actually, I'm involved with another woman and she is the one I really want; I'm just waiting for her to be as into me and I am into her."

Old 08-29-2014, 02:07 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,155,400 times
Quote:
I know, but I'm my own unique person. I'm not interchangeable. I'm a wonderful, interesting person. Why should I have to be coy about how I feel to get him to like me? It just all seems artificial and silly.
You shouldn't, of course. Had you done the exact same thing with a guy who felt the same about you, this wouldn't be an issue. The problem isn't with your actions. He just wasn't the right guy for you, and you weren't the right woman for him. It happens. You don't want to be with the wrong guy, do you?

Old 08-29-2014, 02:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
Its easy happens all the time a 2 tries to hook up with a 10
If the girl is a 2 it means he is shallow
If the guy is a 2 it means there is no chemistry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships